• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo |OT2| I miss the OT1 Kanye.

watershed

Banned
Finally gave this album a full listen over the weekend. I feel it's good but not particularly amazing right now. My opinion may change as I keep listening. For me MBDTF was amazing on first listen and continues to be. I initially didn't like Yeezus at all but when I revisited it over a year after release it just blew me away. Curious how TLOP will go.

Has anyone heard this? https://toyomu.bandcamp.com/album/iii-imagining-the-life-of-pablo

This guy lives in Japan, where Tidal apparently isn't available. So instead of pirating the album, he looked up every sample and the lyrics of every song and made his own versions before hearing the vast majority of the album. All the lyrics are done using a text to speech program like Microsoft Sam. It's really weird but it's an awesome supplementary album to TLOP.

His versions of Low Lights, I Love Kanye, FML, Silver Surfer, and No More Parties in LA are incredibly good. The only songs it feels like he heard prior is No More Parties in LA because it follows the structure pretty closely, and Facts because it samples it.

I kinda love this. Really inventive.

Dude Guy

Has anyone heard this? https://toyomu.bandcamp.com/album/iii-imagining-the-life-of-pablo

This guy lives in Japan, where Tidal apparently isn't available. So instead of pirating the album, he looked up every sample and the lyrics of every song and made his own versions before hearing the vast majority of the album. All the lyrics are done using a text to speech program like Microsoft Sam. It's really weird but it's an awesome supplementary album to TLOP.

His versions of Low Lights, I Love Kanye, FML, Silver Surfer, and No More Parties in LA are incredibly good. The only songs it feels like he heard prior is No More Parties in LA because it follows the structure pretty closely, and Facts because it samples it.

Lmao I knew exactly what was coming on Silver Surfer.

Nah this has been out for a minute

I never liked it that much, Thug's voice is much better especially for the new mix

Really? I remember there was a 30 second snippet or so, but this has Madonna and apparently King Mez on it as well. I don't remember any King Mez bit on a prior leak.

robotrock

Banned

Hahahaha god bless this

I Still Love K.A.N.Y.E. reminds me too much of this Demolition D skit thing. Mainly the way the Japanese program says "Kanye."

HOLY SHIT, HIS VERSION OF FADE IS AN ABSOLUTE BANGER.

https://twitter.com/Drake/status/717368672038350852

THEY LIKE PABLO WHY ARE ALL THE WINDOWS TINTED ON YOUR TAHOE

GettyImages-509642162.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

This is a pretty dope concept.

solarus

Also kanye saved pop style, would have been incredibly meh otherwise. Drake becoming more and more boring and one note,none of these views singles have been special.

Nice. Some of these are actually pretty great. That voice got me weak though.

Awesome video. Thanks for posting.

Dany

Banned
Listen to Panda by desiinger and I'm like "WTF, this is JUST A RIP of YE"

lol. i can't listen to it without thinking of Pt 2.

/his impacT

Panzon

This album is so freaking good I'm addicted. A little late to the party but haven't stopped listening to the whole thing for the past 2 days straight

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Listen to Panda by desiinger and I'm like "WTF, this is JUST A RIP of YE"

lol. i can't listen to it without thinking of Pt 2.

/his impacT
I like Panda...but that shit gets old around 2 mins in, so I just listen to Pt 2. enjoy it that way.

bitbydeath

I'm generally a big fan of Kanyes work but this is probably his worst album to date.

I'm only really enjoying:

Famous
FML
Wolves

watershed

Banned
I'm liking the album more and more but I also feel like it has a more sparse sound than Yeezus or MBDTF. I think I may end up only really loving 3 or 4 tracks at most.

Fade though

This is a fucking nightmare, I'm digging it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I like Panda...but that shit gets old around 2 mins in, so I just listen to Pt 2. enjoy it that way.
I kind of agree.

Heard Panda before Pt. 2 came out and I still like it short and sweet as opposed to being repeated over and over.

Plus Kanye's verse leading into it is one of his best. The transition from that into Panda is immaculate.

chris121580

This album is so freaking good I'm addicted. A little late to the party but haven't stopped listening to the whole thing for the past 2 days straight
Same here. I stayed in the dark til this hit Spotify. Waves is so fucking good and I feel like 30 hours isn't getting enough love around here. Song rules. This could end up being my 3rd fav album of his once it's all said and done behind MBDTF and College Dropout

Ran rp

this is awful

edit: beyond awful

Top Bottom