• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo |OT2| I miss the OT1 Kanye.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Having trouble finding the difference between the last 2 versions of Fade. The OG still thumps harder than any of the others, but doesn't necessarily make it better.

I feel like this proves that people shouldn't ever see behind the curtains, so to speak, on the process of putting together an album and finalizing songs. With all the various work in progress versions then the original release, fan made mixes, and now this.. nobody is satisfied with it. It seems like every person feels differently about every song and which version of which song is better.

Sullichin

I feel like this proves that people shouldn't ever see behind the curtains, so to speak, on the process of putting together an album and finalizing songs. With all the various work in progress versions then the original release, fan made mixes, and now this.. nobody is satisfied with it. It seems like every person feels differently about every song and which version of which song is better.

I think its cool even if I don't wind up liking the changes. I'm sure people are archiving every version of every song anyway.

I think its cool even if I don't wind up liking the changes. I'm sure people are archiving every version of every song anyway.

Oh I'm certain they are. But all it really leads to is a split fanbase that can't agree on what version of each song is good and overall can't come to a consensus on the album.

noquarter

I'm sticking to Day One Edition. Might redownload when he says it is finished, but otherwise Day One LE is official in my book.

SeroTyler

First one to talk gets to stay on the aircraft!
Is the fixed version of 30 Hours on Apple Music? Cause I had to go back to Tidal to hear it? Or is my phone just playing a cached version?

Catvoca

Banned

Yeah, I agree. I had a moment listening to new Feedback where I was thinking I'd probably really like this song if I didn't have the older, much better version to compare it to. Now everytime I hear it I just think "damn, I should listen to the OG version".

CfJXYHsUAAAC61W.jpg:large

took a chance on this. Let's see how this boot is

Epcott

Listened to a little of Pablo today on Spodify. What the hell happened to Wolves?

I think I'll stick with Wolves 1.0, this new one sounds like a mess. Hope the rest of the songs didn't get the same treatment.

Katori

What's wrong with/what did he do to 30 Hours? Listened to original Tidal and now Apple Music version extensively, didn't notice a difference.

Reckoner

The more time goes, the more I feel like Yeezus Kanye is best Kanye.

I demand at least a Yeezus trilogy with all the megalomaniac theatrics. Please.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Fuck, he fucked up Wolves and FML my favorite 2 tracks.

Seriously, damn.. I need the old versions.

Wolves is horrible now.

:edit: seems that's the spotify versions... the Tidal version is still good. That Spotify version is straight trash.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Just now listening to this, wasnt gonna deal with Tidal.

Enjoying the hell out of it so far, I dont know about the changes.

Ashhong

Wolves is horrible now.

:edit: seems that's the spotify versions... the Tidal version is still good. That Spotify version is straight trash.

What's the differences? They should be the same at this point

XBP

Listened to the album a couple of times, still need to listen to it a couple more times to absorb everything. Just going to say this though, wolves might be the best track kanye has ever made (for me at least). Just steller from start to finish.

nns3d

Father Stretch My Hands pt1 and 2 instantly clicked for me when I heard them for the first time. I was surprised by how people weren't feeling the track when he played it at the Yeezy Fashion Show

Syntsui

After a few listens, Feedback aside, the changes are irrelevant as they don't change the songs that much. The album is still good, but the new Feedback is really bad.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry

I feel like this whole thing has just been one big ongoing publicity stunt. I mean think about it. Here we are, like a month out from the Tidal release, and people are still talking about it, there's still a buzz around it. Ye got us...

SKINNER!

Banned

Wolves is horrible now.

What the hell are you talking about? Spotify version is identical to the current revised Tidal version? Hell, FML wasn't even changed.

Isn't there only one revision of TLOP?

- Original Day 1 Tidal version.

- Revised Tidal version (Changes to Famous, Wolves, Feedback, Fade)

And Spotify version = Revised Tidal version.

Did Kanye change Wolves again with the most recent update or something?

Nah man.

Catvoca

Banned
What the hell are you talking about? Spotify version is identical to the current revised Tidal version? Hell, FML wasn't even changed.

Isn't there only one revision of TLOP?

- Original Day 1 Tidal version.

- Revised Tidal version (Changes to Famous, Wolves, Feedback, Fade)

And Spotify version = Revised Tidal version.

You're right, except he did change FML. The second Weeknd chorus has added vocals to it.There was also some granular changes between Day 1 Tidal and GOTY edition.

SKINNER!

Banned
except he did change FML. The second Weeknd chorus has added vocals to it

Ah fair enough. I didn't notice that. At least that wasn't a huge change as - say - Feedback and Wolves.

Feedback is the worst victim of this change. Shit was my favorite track but 2.0 sounds boring. I wonder how many Kanye fans already have a TLOP version that mixes the old tracks with the new?

Has anyone heard this? https://toyomu.bandcamp.com/album/iii-imagining-the-life-of-pablo

This guy lives in Japan, where Tidal apparently isn't available. So instead of pirating the album, he looked up every sample and the lyrics of every song and made his own versions before hearing the vast majority of the album. All the lyrics are done using a text to speech program like Microsoft Sam. It's really weird but it's an awesome supplementary album to TLOP.

His versions of Low Lights, I Love Kanye, FML, Silver Surfer, and No More Parties in LA are incredibly good. The only songs it feels like he heard prior is No More Parties in LA because it follows the structure pretty closely, and Facts because it samples it.

hughesta

Banned
Has anyone heard this? https://toyomu.bandcamp.com/album/iii-imagining-the-life-of-pablo

This guy lives in Japan, where Tidal apparently isn't available. So instead of pirating the album, he looked up every sample and the lyrics of every song and made his own versions before hearing the vast majority of the album. All the lyrics are done using a text to speech program like Microsoft Sam. It's really weird but it's an awesome supplementary album to TLOP.

His versions of Low Lights, I Love Kanye, FML, Silver Surfer, and No More Parties in LA are incredibly good. The only songs it feels like he heard prior is No More Parties in LA because it follows the structure pretty closely, and Facts because it samples it.
Highlights is insane what on earth

Barzul

Listening now.

Kiru

lmao that silver surfer intermission

keepin it loopy

Top Bottom