• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo |OT2| I miss the OT1 Kanye.

djblue89

Love the album, now if there were only a way to get those Yeezy Boost 350 to go with it.... The difficulty to get these is ust plain dumb.

Ashhong

Yeah, it must have played cached versions on Tidal while the Spotify version was the new.

I prefer the old version. It was my favorite track, new version is so all over the place, don't like the sia part, don't like the crunching sound added, don't like the new mix.... it's all over the place.

Well, can't please everybody. A ton of people were begging for him to fix wolves and add Sia. I love the new version

And people need to stop asking for Saint Pablo. It still counts as illegally sharing music and will lock this thread

Surfinn

After finally listening to this album..

I can't say there's a song that really stuck with me, maybe aside from no more parties in L.A. I have no desire to even listen again.

I'm really disappointed. Does this album get better with repeat listens?

Izuna

Banned
After finally listening to this album..

I can't say there's a song that really stuck with me, maybe aside from no more parties in L.A. I have no desire to even listen again.

I'm really disappointed. Does this album get better with repeat listens?

Try the order I put up above. The songs are great, it's just that the track order ruins the quality overall.

You'll come around by your third listen imo.

watershed

Banned
Alright, now that I have had more time with the album it is definitely better than my initial impression. Ultralight Beam, Real Friends, Wolves, No More Parties in LA, Frank's Track, Pt2 are all really good and the album mostly has a good flow from one track to the next and one idea to the next. It does sound sparser than MBDTF and Yeezus but that's not really a bad thing.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Being listening to all of Kanye's old stuff lately since TLOP came out, and man, MBDTF is perfection. Not a single fault with that album, no matter how many times I listen to it from beginning to end I never get sick of it.

TLOP is great, but I can't imagine Kanye ever topping MBDTF at this point.

I wonder if he's fixing the iTunes version. I can't access them in my playlist, but I can listen to them in the top 100. Weird.

Also, I've been seeing people receive shipping confirmations for the MSG ticket hoodies. I still haven't gotten any. :(

Since my Apple Music trial ended yesterday, I've finally decided to actually purchase TLOP digitally but I do wish it was physical instead.

In skimming the thread, I know some people were having issues with downloading but wanted to know if anyone since then has had problems getting a download link after purchasing?

Thanks fam.

Ashhong

I wonder if he's fixing the iTunes version. I can't access them in my playlist, but I can listen to them in the top 100. Weird.

Also, I've been seeing people receive shipping confirmations for the MSG ticket hoodies. I still haven't gotten any. :(

Remove it from your library and try re-adding it. My songs were randomly greyed out one day, so I removed them, searched for it, and readded it. All good now

Being listening to all of Kanye's old stuff lately since TLOP came out, and man, MBDTF is perfection. Not a single fault with that album, no matter how many times I listen to it from beginning to end I never get sick of it.

It's a modern masterpiece. No one is ever going to touch that album in hip-hop. No one else could ever make something of that scale again in hip-hop.

Surfinn

I think that will have been his best album by FAR. I listened to TLOP one time and hated most of it (don't even have a desire to turn it back on), but I'm hoping it at least improves a little with more listens.

Gunna really have to force myself to do it, though.

Ran rp

Check your bank account?

lol

I think that will have been his best album by FAR. I listened to TLOP one time and hated most of it (don't even have a desire to turn it back on), but I'm hoping it at least improves a little with more listens.

Gunna really have to force myself to do it, though.

image.php

Members of KTT are rating the songs from Kanye's albums from 1-10, here's the results for TLOP:

Average from Highest to Lowest

9.33 Real Friends – 215 votes
9.25 FML – 266 votes
9.21 Ultralight Beam - 211 votes
9.02 Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1– 227 votes
8.79 Wolves – 198 votes
8.61 FADE - 241 votes
8.50 NMPILA - 183 votes
8.42 Famous – 201 votes
8.41 Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 2 – 219 votes
8.30 30 Hours – 191 votes
8.21 High Lights – 144 votes
8.15 Feedback – 181 votes
8.14 Frank's Track – 200 votes
8.03 Freestyle 4 – 212 votes
7.65 I Love Kanye – 126 votes
7.34 Waves – 159 votes
7.30 FACTS - 147 votes
5.37 Low Lights – 238 votes
5.25 Silver Surfer Intermission – 264 votes

Album Average: 8.06/10
Total Votes: 3823
Average without skits: 8.44/10

Catvoca

Banned
Not a bad ranking. Waves is way too low though, and NMPILA is a bit too high. It's worth mentioning that a lot of those tracks were rated on the old versions though, so that isn't an accurate rating of how people on KTT may feel about Feedback 2.0 for example.They'd already ranked up to I Love Kanye when the album actually dropped.

Not a bad ranking. Waves is way too low though, and NMPILA is a bit too high. It's worth mentioning that a lot of those tracks were rated on the old versions though, so that isn't an accurate rating of how people on KTT may feel about Feedback 2.0 for example.They'd already ranked up to I Love Kanye when the album actually dropped.

Yeah that's true, but I don't think the ratings would change much apart from Feedback and probably Highlights. Waves gets hate mostly because of Chris Brown. If it was a different singer, I bet it would be closer to a 9.

Is there a dedicate spot to listen to old versions of the album?

FINALLY took the plunge and gave Yeezy a $20 for the download and burned that shit to a CD for a full first listen in my car. Initial impressions are positive. So far I only love probably a little less than half of the album outright but I like most of it. Definitely a few head scratching moments though. TLOP's brevity works both for and against it.

Majority of this is from streams:

Hot 100:
#34: Famous
#37: Father Stretch My Hands Pt 1
#54: Pt. 2
#67: Ultralight Beam
#71: Waves
#84: FML
#92: Real Friends
#99: Feedback

Bubbling Under Hot 100: (predicts which new records will become chart climbers.)
#1: Wolves
#4: Highlights
#9: Freestyle 4
#14: I Love Kanye
#22: Low Lights

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...es-ray-charles
Damn, Desiigner outcharted everything from TLOP. GOAT

Hudmo tweeted a Turbo Grafx 16 WIP track list and then deleted it apparently.

u86rLMG.png

Grudge, Clockwork Orange, Saint Pablo and Blacktron are likely on.

Worth More Than My Word says "mixed" I believe, Freestyle (Madlib) with Kendrick, No Model (feat. Pusha T), Golden Era and (something illegible) My Life with Young Thug.

Catvoca

Banned
A Madlib produced Freestyle with Kendrick? Oh man, the hype train has started all over again. And yeah, you know Blacktron is gonna be fire just from the title.

I guess this track list means I Feel Like is definitely not gonna be on it, it's a pity that track will be relegated to a leak only die hards will hear.

Top Bottom