• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo |OT2| I miss the OT1 Kanye.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Folks just listened to the old ULB and can't adjust. All he did was add 4 words where there was previously an awkward empty space.
No one ever thought it was awkward. It's way more awkward now because it fucks up the flow to the next lines as the pause is still there but it's like half a pause now. Even the lyrics flow better in the old one, that line is so out of place.

No one ever thought it was awkward. It's way more awkward now because it fucks up the flow to the next lines as the pause is still there but it's like half a pause now. Even the lyrics flow better in the old one, that line is so out of place.

Nah. It was an awkward space. That's why Chance just repeated, chopped up and stylized the "they don't know" line like that in the fisrt place to bridge the parts but there was still weird space there. People just got used to how it was before. Had the 2.0 version been the first, no one would think it odd at all because they would have memorized it the way they memorized the timing of the space on the 1.0 version.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Honestly I consider his first two albums to be the worst. Quite a few throwaway tracks, along with the skits. Yeezus is great except for Guilt Trip, and Pablo is great except for Freestyle 4, and Pt 1 & 2 being separated.

Yeezus Poll Results:

Average from Highest to Lowest

9.62 New Slaves 170 Votes
9.53 Hold My Liquor 185 Votes
9.44 Blood On The Leaves 219 Votes
9.18 Black Skinhead 177 Votes
8.82 Im In It 162 Votes
8.78 Guilt Trip 173 Votes
8.64 On Sight 215 Votes
8.40 I Am A God 215 Votes
8.35 Bound 2 139 Votes
8.22 Send it up 116 Votes

Album Average: 8.89/10 (8.9)
Album Name : Yeezus
Total Votes: 1771 Votes

Overall results so far:

9.62 New Slaves - 170 votes
9.53 Hold My Liquor - 185 votes
9.44 Blood on the leaves - 219 votes
9.25 FML – 266 votes
9.21 Ultralight Beam - 211 votes
9.18 Black Skinhead - 177 votes
9.15 Real Friends – 215 votes
9.02 Father Stretch My Hands Pt 1 – 227 votes
8,82 Im in it - 162 votes
8.79 Wolves – 198 votes
8,78 Guilt trip - 173 votes
8.64 On Sight - 215 votes
8.61 FADE - 241 votes
8.50 NMPILA - 183 votes
8.42 Famous – 201 votes
8.41 Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 2 – 219 votes
8.40 I Am A God - 215 votes
8.35 Bound 2 - 139 votes
8.30 30 Hours – 191 votes
8.22 Send It Up - 116 votes
8.21 High Lights – 144 votes
8.15 Feedback – 181 votes
8.14 Frank's Track – 200 votes
8.03 Freestyle 4 – 212 votes
7.65 I Love Kanye – 126 votes
7.34 Waves – 159 votes
7.30 FACTS - 147 votes
5.37 Low Lights – 238 votes
5.25 Silver Surfer Intermission – 264 votes

Catvoca

Banned
The Yeezus poll has I'm in it and Guilt Trip too high for me, but at least they got the worst and best songs right or close enough
On Sight is the true GOAT

It's silly comparing these 2-3 year old songs with newer ones though, the songs people have been listening too for years and have grown to love are obviously going to be higher. Like I don't think Send it Up would be higher than Highlights or Waves if it was Yeezus that had just released and Pablo that came out 2-3 years ago.

Cool idea from KTT anyway, looking forward to seeing what the full list is like.

Bound 2 over 30 Hours is ludicrous

yeah, that's got me laughing and disregarding this list. Bound 2 is meme fodder, nothing more.

This album might be he weakest solo, some great tracks on it but I've pretty much moved from this

Free TC getting more play right now

I've been playing Rodeo and Always Strive And Prosper on repeat. TLOP gets an occasional play, mainly ULB and FSMH1+2.

Dug

Banned
always been kind of weirded out how much you guys don't like bound 2
batman-thumbs-up.gif

Bound 2 is awesome.

It's really really bad blame. So many better soul sample Kanye songs.

Sure, but in the context of Yeezus's aesthete, it works so well.

Bound 2 is one of the better songs on the record.

It goes On Sight > Blood on the Leaves > Black Skinhead = Hold My Liquor > Bound 2 = New Slaves > Send It Up > Guilt Trip = I Am A God >>> I'm In It.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

It goes On Sight > Blood on the Leaves > Black Skinhead = Hold My Liquor > Bound 2 = New Slaves > Send It Up > Guilt Trip = I Am A God >>> I'm In It.
Your ranking is terribad

SaviorX

I actually got around to listening to TLOP.

I liked Feedback, FSMH part 2, Fade, Real Friends, and my favorite track 30 Hours.

Ultralight Beam did nothing for me. Waves was probably Chris Browns worst song. FML was totally skippable as well. No trolling, just facts. Speaking of which, I liked the original soundcloud version of Facts better than the Charlie Heat version (yeunnnn)

wut?

I actually got around to listening to TLOP.

I liked Feedback, FSMH part 2, Fade, Real Friends, and my favorite track 30 Hours.

Ultralight Beam did nothing for me. Waves was probably Chris Browns worst song. FML was totally skippable as well. No trolling, just facts. Speaking of which, I liked the original soundcloud version of Facts better than the Charlie Heat version (yeunnnn)

wut?!

I just don't understand this world...

I still remembering listening to On Sight for the first time and thinking something was wrong with my phone lol.
Fuck that, I bought that shit physical and popped the cd in as I drove out the parking lot of my local big box and as soon as that SYNTH came on I knew this shit would be right up my alley I had every orifice in my car open (uh I mean window) by the time YEEZY SEASON APPROACHING began blaring.

hughesta

Banned
lol imagine not liking I'm In It. Song is downright incredible. Bound 2 is the only thing stopping Yeezus from being a perfect album.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Is Kanye now treating albums a bit like fashion "seasons"? Instead of just releasing an album, you get the show to showcase it, and then it's released incrementally over the next few months?

I haven't been following.

Jack-25

Neo Member
Did anyone actually buy the album from his site? Apparently whenever there's an update a download link will be sent by email.

What's the quality like?

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
The Bound 2 music video version is much better, and I say that because there is an extra chorus in there. That song is just a very interesting way to end the album and I was really disappointed when I first heard it. It's now not bad at all and I like it a lot, still guilt trip with the binary parts just makes me not like it.

Top Bottom