• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo |OT2| I miss the OT1 Kanye.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Lemonade >> TLOP
hqdefault.jpg

I actually got around to listening to TLOP.

I liked Feedback, FSMH part 2, Fade, Real Friends, and my favorite track 30 Hours.

Ultralight Beam did nothing for me. Waves was probably Chris Browns worst song. FML was totally skippable as well. No trolling, just facts. Speaking of which, I liked the original soundcloud version of Facts better than the Charlie Heat version (yeunnnn)

Damn at the bolded.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I actually went out and found Pitchfork's ranking of Kanye's discography, based on the score they gave each album.

6. 808's & Heartbreak
5. The College Dropout
4. Graduation
3. The Life of Pablo
TIE. Late Registration/Yeezus
1. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I actually went out and found Pitchfork's ranking of Kanye's discography, based on the score they gave each album.

6. 808's & Heartbreak
5. The College Dropout
4. Graduation
3. The Life of Pablo

I will never understand the hate for 808's. Top tier album, right behind Yeezus.

Also everyone talking about Yeezus means i'm gonna have to bump it on repeat for the day.

solarus

I will never understand the hate for 808's. Top tier album, right behind Yeezus.

Also everyone talking about Yeezus means i'm gonna have to bump it on repeat for the day.

^literally yeezus is my number one and 808s right after, and I'm not a new kanye fan either, been stanning forever.

PSY・S;201767991 said:
that... doesn't make it hip hop

Ok, Just Blaze, Hit-Boy, Mike Dean,Mike WiLL Made-It, Ben Billions, Kendrick, Weeknd.....

just because she's done pop music in the past doesn't make this not a hip hop album

Hip Hop

Ok, Just Blaze, Hit-Boy, Mike Dean,Mike WiLL Made-It, Ben Billions, Kendrick, Weeknd.....

just because she's done pop music in the past doesn't make this not a hip hop album

That still doesn't make it a Hip-Hop album though.

You can say it has Hip-Hop influences, sure. But a Hip-Hop album? no.

Servbot24

Banned

p4k reviews are usually given out after a couple days of listening. 808s has really grown in people's eyes over the years

Ashhong

Lmao wtf tidal. Opened the app to see if Beyoncé was an exclusive, which it is, and am able to play it just fine. My sub expired like a month ago. I can even download it to offline lol. Thanks I guess?

Lmao wtf tidal. Opened the app to see if Beyoncé was an exclusive, which it is, and am able to play it just fine. My sub expired like a month ago. I can even download it to offline lol. Thanks I guess?

Have you listened to it yet? Curious as to how good it is.

Yeah I'm fairly certain my sub ended ages ago, but I can still access everything. Didn't even give them a credit card number.

For all those talking about tidal, I just signed into my account and chose the 9.99 sub without a credit card on file and everything went smoothly...

What exactly are they going to charge in a month?

For all those talking about tidal, I just signed into my account and chose the 9.99 sub without a credit card on file and everything went smoothly...

What exactly are they going to charge in a month?

Tidal is such a mess. At this rate they'll just cave and give a free tier. I wonder if they have numbers on cases like this. I'm willing to bet a considerable number of people are using Tidal for free.

Tidal is such a mess. At this rate they'll just cave and give a free tier. I wonder if they have numbers on cases like this. I'm willing to bet a considerable number of people are using Tidal for free.

I just don't understand how on one hand of your business you're essentially forcing people to use your service to listen to specific music, while on the other hand your actual service is piss poor and has next to no controls to stop what happened to me from happening.

There's a big disconnect and I'm not so sure I'm surprised.

I just don't understand how on one hand of your business you're essentially forcing people to use your service to listen to specific music, while on the other hand your actual service is piss poor and has next to no controls to stop what happened to me from happening.

There's a big disconnect and I'm not so sure I'm surprised.

I'm not surprised at all. Jay bought the service and basically marketed the hell out of it. I can't imagine much changed under the hood, as it looks like a lot of it was cosmetic, and even that is enough to royally screw with things.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
p4k reviews are usually given out after a couple days of listening. 808s has really grown in people's eyes over the years

It seems like reactions are still pretty mixed. My view is sort of tained cuz I had a conversation with someone recently who said they LOVED Kanye, but that 808's was a pile of garbage.

I feel like a lot of people got that knee jerk reaction and never went back to it.

I just gotta keep preaching that 808's gospel!

Jigolo

6. 808's & Heartbreak
5. The College Dropout
4. Graduation
3. The Life of Pablo

Nope

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Kanye from 2020 traveled back 7 years to feed us fam
"I can see a thousand years from now in real life
Skate on the paradigm and shift it when I feel like"

MBDTF is his best and I don't see that every changing for me. Musical perfection on every level.

Owari

"I can see a thousand years from now in real life
Skate on the paradigm and shift it when I feel like"

MBDTF is his best and I don't see that every changing for me. Musical perfection on every level.
"As my first act as President, I will use the Time Machine of the United States to hand deliver the first half of my 20 track 2 part masterpiece, Yeezus. Yeezus 2 coming 2022!"

watershed

Banned
Does anyone feel like TLOP would be a much stronger album if it had 5 or so less tracks in it? I think it could be an overall tighter album closer to or even better than Yeezus if it was shorter and more focused.

hughesta

Banned
Does anyone feel like TLOP would be a much stronger album if it had 5 or so less tracks in it? I think it could be an overall tighter album closer to or even better than Yeezus if it was shorter and more focused.
I moved everything after Wolves to a separate folder of TLOP bonuses (delete SSI tho). Album from ULB through Frank's Track works fantastically as a cohesive piece.

watershed

Banned
I moved everything after Wolves to a separate folder of TLOP bonuses (delete SSI tho). Album from ULB through Frank's Track works fantastically as a cohesive piece.

Interesting. I have yet to settle on a custom cut. Maybe I'll try that out though. Ending on Frank's Track seems pretty good.

Can she fuck right now?

Yo I JUST found out it's Desiigner's diet-Future ass on the second verse and that shit is.....soooooo GOOD. I mean, at least as far as melody it's appealing as hell to my ears haha.

Get rid of Low Lights (what is the purpose of this track seriously), combine Father 1 & 2, and develop Fade some more so it's not skin and bones and can make the cut.

That would make me happy at least. All the tracks I was eh on have grown on me a lot recently, I don't think there is a track I don't find something appealing about in the main album sequence except LL. It's just a shame a lot of songs feel like detailed sketches and barely scraping their potential.

Zekes!

Yo I JUST found out it's Desiigner's diet-Future ass on the second verse and that shit is.....soooooo GOOD. I mean, at least as far as melody it's appealing as hell to my ears haha.

Get rid of Low Lights (what is the purpose of this track seriously), combine Father 1 & 2, and develop Fade some more so it's not skin and bones and can make the cut.

That would make me happy at least. All the tracks I was eh on have grown on me a lot recently, I don't think there is a track I don't find something appealing about in the main album sequence except LL. It's just a shame a lot of songs feel like detailed sketches and barely scraping their potential.

I think I'm the only one who likes Low Lights, at least in the context of listening through the complete album. I ain't religious but I find it to be a nice break in the same way as I Love Kanye

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I think I'm the only one who likes Low Lights, at least in the context of listening to through the complete album. I ain't religious but I find it to be a nice break in the same way as I Love Kanye

I'm with you my dude. Low Lights sounds nice. It's not a single or anything, but fits in the context of the alblum.

Does anybody have the version of Real Friends that was on the original album launch, sans the echos on the new version around the 1:40 mark?

Top Bottom