• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo |OT2| I miss the OT1 Kanye.

lmao, holy shit. I'd be so pissed if I got floor tickets to this. Everyone on the floor is going to have a sore ass neck the next day. Setups looks fucking dope as hell though.

stop making me regret my decision :( :( :(

I get to mosh and see this
Cqv_N3mWIAAhuSe.jpg:large

Hopefully floor isn't too packed so that everyone can move around

Fedelias

Any rumblings about Turbo Grafx 16 or should I stop expecting it to drop this year?

Side note: extremely jealous of anyone that gets to go and see the Saint Pablo tour.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Any rumblings about Turbo Grafx 16 or should I stop expecting it to drop this year?

Side note: extremely jealous of anyone that gets to go and see the Saint Pablo tour.
People on KTT think he might show some new stuff at his fashion show in September, but nothing seems imminent. Maybe he performs something new at the awards this weekend?

http://www.thefader.com/2016/08/26/kanye-saint-pablo-tour-floating-stage-interview

I'm kind of taken aback with how soft spoken Kanye is in this interview lol
Nice influences on the show. I figured this was kinda anti-Yeezus which was really theatrical and all about watching Ye, while this seems more about making it a big party with Kanye and watching you and your friends lose your minds.

Btw the hoodie Kanye has in the video is supposedly apart of the Pablo tour merch. Kinda dull but I'll take it over those other two shirts lol.

Was it even confirmed that the merch is indeed Gildan? That would be such bs from Ye.
On KTT there's a story from a non-VIP pleb who went to the tour opener and since vip get first pick of the merch he couldn't get anything before the show, but he did snap a pic a bunch of boxes marked with the Gildan logo from behind the gate lmao.

But yeah, lots of people who have gotten pop up merch have confirmed its Gildan haha.

At least there's another show tonight so hopefully we'll see something cooler than the MSG rejects Indy got.

Set-list and stage design is incredible, just makes it hurt worse that I didn't have the money at the time to get tickets to see him and now I'm missing out on a tour again. Ye is one of my favorite artists and I have never been able to go see him live yet. Hope everyone else has fun though, it looks lit as fuck.
Just listening through MBDTF again... oh my God I can't wait until the show. Gonna cry like a baby
Easily in my Top 5 albums of all time.

Setlist was mostly the same tonight from the looks of it, only added FSMH Pt. 2 and ULB for the closer.

Apparently he had everyone in GA sit down so he could lower the stage 5-6 feet off the ground lmao, that power.

https://twitter.com/unduhcover/status/769742565709152257

According to a guy at DONDA we are gonna get lots of different merch as the tour goes on. Buffalo got the black sweater and long sleeve/short sleeve + hat versions of it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/markseekings/status/769473150828486656

Looks like if you're on the fence about your stop's merch it might be a good idea to cop anyway cuz it'll probably be flipped to shit if it's halfway hard.

I think they where $180?

So a billboard has been spotted in LA with "Calabasas is the new Abu Dhabi" with the Ovo and Good Music logos at the bottom.

Kanye has 4 minutes to do whatever tomorrow at the VMAs. Drake has no tour stops till Tuesday and is rumored to be attending. Both live in Calabasas.

SOMETHING IS COMING.

dcassell

Banned
Seeing this in Seattle in October, and I'm kinda glad I didn't splurge for GA seats. Now I'll be able to see everything! So pumped to see this show. Flying stage looks amazing.

I think they where $180?

So a billboard has been spotted in LA with "Calabasas is the new Abu Dhabi" with the Ovo and Good Music logos at the bottom.

Kanye has 4 minutes to do whatever tomorrow at the VMAs. Drake has no tour stops till Tuesday and is rumored to be attending. Both live in Calabasas.

SOMETHING IS COMING.

Thinking that rumored collaboration album/mixtape is coming true?

TripleT1

Buffalo show was lit. Started around 10 and ended at like 12. Got a long sleeve saint pablo shirt. Clerk hooked me up with it for $40 idk why. Was hype

steamingsarcasm

Neo Member
As a person with no concert experience, I need advice yall.
I really shouldn't spend 250 bucks on a resale GA ticket..right? (Vegas or Oakland). Someone assure me that they'll drop to something close to face-value sooner or later

Blader

As a person with no concert experience, I need advice yall.
I really shouldn't spend 250 bucks on a resale GA ticket..right? (Vegas or Oakland). Someone assure me that they'll drop to something close to face-value sooner or later

I dropped close to $400 on a Radiohead ticket this year, if that's any consolation :lol

They'll likely drop way in value on the day of the show, but that's only really helpful if you don't have to make any travel arrangements to get there. They definitely won't be face value, otherwise the seller gets no profit out of it (and would actually lose money, given the fees resale sites like Stubhub charge). I think your only bet for a face-value ticket is if the venue has been holding onto some tickets and releases them the day of, which is what MSG did for Radiohead, but no idea if that happens regularly.

steamingsarcasm

Neo Member
I dropped close to $400 on a Radiohead ticket this year, if that's any consolation :lol

They'll likely drop way in value on the day of the show, but that's only really helpful if you don't have to make any travel arrangements to get there. They definitely won't be face value, otherwise the seller gets no profit out of it (and would actually lose money, given the fees resale sites like Stubhub charge). I think your only bet for a face-value ticket is if the venue has been holding onto some tickets and releases them the day of, which is what MSG did for Radiohead, but no idea if that happens regularly.

Heh it definitely is but I promised a couple friends that I'll be going to a drake show and I'm not prepared to spend tons of money on both shows if I can afford to wait. Like the two other concerts I've been to were also around 250 bucks, but they were gifts so I didn't feel the wallet blow.
So after taxes, the face-value tix comes around $200 (in vegas), while the resale is a little over $300. I'm thinking of waiting a bit till I get something in the actual 200-260 range but the problem is I'm gonna be traveling. Should I take the risk and arrange the ride now then buy the tickets later or am I being an idiot?

ETA: Heh, you reminded me how glad I am that I was outside the country during the Radiohead tour cause god knows how much I would've dropped for that.

Cudder

In my seat for Kanye as well. Place is looking a little barren still. A lot of seats still empty in the lower levels and the floor isn't as packed as I thought it would be.

I was in the pit last night, it was insanity. I was considering going again tonight but I've blown $2000 over the past week, I can't justify another round. You guys are in for a hell of a show though

Have fun :)

Anyone know what the circular logo is supposed to represent? I assumed the stage but it isn't circular.

Not sure but I think I like that one the best. But I kinda like having the date of the show on there...

Fuck am I gonna spend 100$ on two shirts

Red_Man

Great show, doesn't top the Yeezus tour, but I don't think that will ever be topped.

I tried to buy some merch halfway through the show, but almost everything was sold out, I was surprised.

Great show, doesn't top the Yeezus tour, but I don't think that will ever be topped.

I tried to buy some merch halfway through the show, but almost everything was sold out, I was surprised.

Stop making me regret missing the Yeezus tour so much.

Granted I physically couldn't see the show considering I was in India, but I really really wish I could have seen it. Yeezus is likely my favorite Ye album and all I want to hear is those opening synths to "On Sight" overwhelm me and drown me in their cacophony.

Red_Man

Stop making me regret missing the Yeezus tour so much.

Granted I physically couldn't see the show considering I was in India, but I really really wish I could have seen it. Yeezus is likely my favorite Ye album and all I want to hear is those opening synths to "On Sight" overwhelm me and drown me in their cacophony.
It was perfect, the mountain set, Kanyes ridiculous jewel mask, the Angels, Jesus, the entire set list. I don't see any show ever surpassing that for me.

Wasn't there a fan made concert video coming out for it? I think I saw it posted on KTT a while back.

Anth0ny

yeah agreed.

As I expected, TLOP doesn't translate as well to the live atmosphere as Yeezus. Yeezus Tour was a fucking jam from start to finish. Saint Pablo was more chill.

It was a great show, but I didn't come out buzzing like I did for Yeezus.

Enjoyed myself immensely last night. Sure it isn't Yeezus tour but there's something special about the stripped down show he put on last night. Amazing how from where I was seated (row 26) the moshing was part of the entertainment, part of the show.

Top Bottom