• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo |OT2| I miss the OT1 Kanye.

wait seriously? He's up there the entire time????
vf7RC4Y.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
man fuck, I would be pissed. That's the most I've ever spent on a ticket
I wanted to get floor tickets, but the other people in my group weren't down, if he really is up there all night, I'll be glad I didn't pay for that.

Bit of a piss off for floor people though, they should have had some kind of disclaimer.

MThanded

How does this stage work in bigger venues?

The shots in that venue make it seem like its small.

MThanded

I used to rock the long MBDTF custom with all of the good friday tracks too.

MBDTF is just on another level.

I honestly don't know how to feel. I struggled getting GA tickets for Los Angeles, but it seems like everywhere is a good seat EXCEPT for those closest to the stage/platform on the ground. Yeah, it's poppin' but fuck. It was nearly $200 per ticket for me. I'm going to FYF in 2 days and it wasn't even as expensive for that to see Kendrick, Tame Impala, Grimes, etc. I know the default defense is that there's more effects, it's Kanye etc. but the Yeezus tour was more complex than this and cost even less.

It doesn't look bad in any way, but to charge more than your previous, extravagant concert is just making me feel negative about this. Gonna wait to read reviews from people, press, etc., but so far it seems like a step backwards.

Edit: BUT DAMN SHIT LOOKS FUN. RIP OFF PRICE, BUT FUN

We're printing merch for his pop up store

Any fans here know how much he's charging for his hoodies?
As in you bootlegging his stuff? Some here might have a problem with it.

I'm eh about it, cuz Kanye hand is too deep in his fans pockets this time around. He was charging $105 for the hoodies at his pop ups iirc.

Anyway, I have floor tickets and dropped $265 on them since I had to go stubhub. I'm a little salty that while the stage is tight as fuck, he isn't doing a bit more of the theatrical thing he did for the Yeezus tour, but seeing how fucking HYPED the crowds are makes me happy either way. I'm going to his show to lose my mind for 2 hours and if his show is hype then I'm satisfied,

you forget what power sounds like.. when that piano kicks in in the background ("at the end of the day") then the descent into fucking madness at the end with him cackling in the background. incredible record.

have fun at the show guys

you also forget what a fucking hot mess all of the lights is on paper. i mean jesus how does this song work?

does anyone know what the setlist for the tour is looking like?

Shocked at the lack of Ultra Light Beam
Actually yeah I'm looking at it over a little more closely and ULB + the lack of YEEZUS stuff is wack. I need to hear ONSITE straight from the source!
Blood on the Leaves
(song paused due to fans trying to grab stage, yeezus kicked them out)
Lmao yeah, first thing my sister said when she saw the setup was,

"Aren't you afraid of it falling on you?"

"NO FUCKER I PAID $260 DOLLARS FOR THIS SHIT."

According to KTT, Indy got shafted with supply issues and the next stops will have the full merch run.

They only got a long sleeve with the cover and those ugly ass Donda/Robert shirts LMAO (no disrespect to Ye tho).

These tour videos got me so hyped.

Just one more week, and I'll achieve a life-long dream of mine.

I even changed up my class schedule to better accommodate me getting to the concert and all.

Smh @ no SAINT PABLO
Smh @ no HEARTLESS
Smh @ no HOLD MY LIQUOR
Smh @ no NMPILA
Smh @ no LOST IN THE WORLD
Smh @ no STRONGER
Smh @ no ON SITE
Smh @ no WAVES
Smh @ no MONSTER
Smh @ no GOLD DIGGER
Smh @ no NEW SLAVES

Really hope the setlist changes for future stops. I know Ye has got a lot of amazing songs, and I know Pablo has a lot of tracks, and there was some technical difficulties tonight but some of the omissions are crazy.

Red_Man

Smh @ no SAINT PABLO
Smh @ no HEARTLESS
Smh @ no HOLD MY LIQUOR
Smh @ no NMPILA
Smh @ no STRONGER
Smh @ no ON SITE

Really hope the setlist changes for future stops. I know Ye has got a lot of amazing songs, and I know Pablo has a lot of tracks, and there was some technical difficulties tonight but some of the omissions are crazy.
Dude has a massive discography and I've seen him multiple times, the only songs you listed I'm surprised he would leave out is Heartless, straight up. On site, LiTW, HML and NMPILA are all second tier Kanye songs, and he has so much to pick from. Stronger is kind of a surprise, but it's also a radio hit. None of those omissions seem crazy to me, especially considering he has to fit TLOP material into this show. He could do a 4 hour set if he really wanted too.

I have mixed feelings about the floor seats. You clearly can't see shit but that crowd goes HAM. Maybe that's the idea? Kanye wants you to quit filming him and just be in the moment? Is it meta? Am I drinking?

Dude has a massive discography and I've seen him multiple times, the only songs you listed I'm surprised he would leave out is Heartless, straight up. On site, LiTW, HML and NMPILA are all second tier Kanye songs, and he has so much to pick from. Stronger is kind of a surprise, but it's also a radio hit. None of those omissions seem crazy to me, especially considering he has to fit TLOP material into this show. He could do a 4 hour set if he really wanted too.
Breh, breh, second tier? Not like this.

I don't disagree his discography is stacked tho. Looking at it, to make my perfect setlist he would need to do about 30 songs at minimum, and that's not including the covers of other people's stuff he is on.

Granted, a few of those 30 songs are just one or two verses from him and for the rest of the song I imagine he would just be bouncing around on stage or just cut the song short but still.

Apparently ULB was on the setlist but wasn't performed. I love that song but Chance is mainly why so it's not that big a deal.

Speaking of which, looks like there isn't a opener? Travis Scott was there but he was in the crowd moshing.

Red_Man

Breh, breh, second tier? Not like this.

I don't disagree his discography is stacked tho. Looking at it, to make my perfect setlist he would need to do about 30 songs at minimum, and that's not including the covers of other people's stuff he is on.

Granted, a few of those 30 songs are just one or two verses from him and for the rest of the song I imagine he would just be bouncing around on stage or just cut the song short but still.

Apparently ULB was on the setlist but wasn't performed. I love that song but Chance is mainly why so it's not that big a deal.

Speaking of which, looks like there isn't a opener? Travis Scott was there but he was in the crowd moshing.
A lot of those songs don't fit in a live set, there's a lot of good shit there, but stopping the show to perform NMPILA would kill the vibe, of all the times I've seen him he hasn't performed any of those except for Heartless which was dope. I would love to see Saint Pablo performed, but again it wouldn't really fit the vibe of what he's going for.

Smh @ no SAINT PABLO
Smh @ no HEARTLESS
Smh @ no HOLD MY LIQUOR
Smh @ no NMPILA
Smh @ no STRONGER
Smh @ no ON SITE
Smh @ no WAVES
Smh @ no MONSTER
Smh @ no GOLD DIGGER
Smh @ no NEW SLAVES

If I don't hear the Yeezus songs, I'll cry. I fucking love Yeezus and if I could be blessed with those crunchy synths at the beginning of On Sight, I'd be so happy I could die.

Anth0ny

Smh @ no SAINT PABLO
Smh @ no HEARTLESS
Smh @ no HOLD MY LIQUOR

Smh @ no NMPILA
Smh @ no STRONGER
Smh @ no ON SITE
Smh @ no WAVES
Smh @ no MONSTER
Smh @ no GOLD DIGGER
Smh @ no NEW SLAVES

surprised the bolded aren't there but it's whatever, gotta fit the TLOP stuff in there so obviously some classics are gonna have to be dropped

Smh @ no SAINT PABLO
Smh @ no HEARTLESS
Smh @ no HOLD MY LIQUOR
Smh @ no NMPILA
Smh @ no STRONGER
Smh @ no ON SITE
Smh @ no WAVES
Smh @ no MONSTER
Smh @ no GOLD DIGGER
Smh @ no NEW SLAVES

Lets be real he wouldnt be able to perform nmpilA
He was skipping words on songs today, later on he should have them down though

Natiko

Banned
Floor tickets are fun for his up tempo songs and boring for slow ones. When he transitions to the long platform there was a big dip in activity at times because 90% of the floor couldn't see him for long stretches. Still super fun though.

Cudder

They're mad about not being able to see him from the floor.

I don't really understand that complaint, since everyone on the floor seems to be having the time of their life.

lmao, holy shit. I'd be so pissed if I got floor tickets to this. Everyone on the floor is going to have a sore ass neck the next day. Setups looks fucking dope as hell though.

Top Bottom