• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo |OT2| I miss the OT1 Kanye.

I know a lot of Kanyegaf is losing their minds (or not) to the Frankie Ocean stuff but anyone here who went to Kanye's past pop up shops deal with sell outs of merch?

I'm gonna go tomorrow to the one here, which is 35 minutes away, btw thanks Kanye, might as well have put DFW metroplex instead of Dallas when the shop is in a mall outside of Dallas county, but I'm going the hour before closing and I'll be prettyyyyyy salty if I make that trip and all the hot stuff is gone. I imagine I'll be good but I'm just checking.

I know a lot of Kanyegaf is losing their minds (or not) to the Frankie Ocean stuff but anyone here who went to Kanye's past pop up shops deal with sell outs of merch?

I'm gonna go tomorrow to the one here, which is 35 minutes away, btw thanks Kanye, might as well have put DFW metroplex instead of Dallas when the shop is in a mall outside of Dallas county, but I'm going the hour before closing and I'll be prettyyyyyy salty if I make that trip and all the hot stuff is gone. I imagine I'll be good but I'm just checking.

Still waiting for the Dallas hours. Gonna swing by a hour before closing.

All the hours are up on the site. And re: merch being soldout, they bring a lot of shit. Seriously, when I waited for the SoHo pop up store, there were people bringing out multiple giant bags of the clothes out at 4 PM i.e. when doors opened. By the time I got in, the day was half-way through, and they still had everything. So, yes, they should have everything, but I wouldn't be surprised if the more popular stuff & sizes sold out first

Wish I knew what's being sold before I troop it to Boston

If it's the same as the NY one or LA one, it'll probably look like a mix of these:

VmPAq9C.jpg

11216230_10154039338347427_1834839639092881106_o.jpg

Bottom is NY, top is LA (or so the reddit post says).

Thanks Torre.

Fuck, am I about to drop $40 on a hat? I'm about to drop $40 on a hat if we get a Wolves hat in a decent colorway.

+ the blue ULB shirt and I'd probably be happy till the tour unless there's some city exclusive stuff or good quotes from other Pablo songs lol.

I like my city's colorways but the lines, 40 minute drive, price, and the merch seeming to be a step down quality wise from the Yeezus merch is putting me off.

I think I'll just wait for my tour stop.

Kusagari

That merchandise is atrocious. If that's what is being sold at the tour I'm not buying shit. What a let down from his awesome Yeezus merch.

That merchandise is atrocious. If that's what is being sold at the tour I'm not buying shit. What a let down from his awesome Yeezus merch.
Honestly, honestly.

RT

Same.

I like the color of the shirts here but that's about it lmao. Shirt's look thin as fuck, the fit doesn't seem to be anything special and the only thing design wise kinda cool is the font and placement of text and even then it's super basic. Some poster on KTT pointed out that one of the "satin bomber jackets" is based off some $10 wind breaker and it's like $250 haha.

Yeezus merch shat all over this.

Northbrook store doesn't have shit worth buying.
It all looks cheap and the designs are wack.

Wasn't the Yeezus merch amazing? What the hell happened?

Kusagari

Honestly, honestly.

RT

Same.

I like the color of the shirts here but that's about it lmao. Shirt's look thin as fuck, the fit doesn't seem to be anything special and the only thing design wise kinda cool is the font and placement of text and even then it's super basic. Some poster on KTT pointed out that one of the "satin bomber jackets" is based off some $10 wind breaker and it's like $250 haha.

Yeezus merch shat all over this.

The thing that kills me is that 1. it's more expensive than Yeezus merch and 2. people who have bought the stuff say it's worse quality than the Yeezus merch.

Seriously, Ye?

MickD

Still waiting for the Dallas hours. Gonna swing by a hour before closing.

Aint happenin.. I just left and have been there since noon and I was number 624 out of 700 (the cut off). It was cool scene, everyone was really friendly and funny. Passerbys would asked me what was going on, I kept saying Taylor Swift is signing autographs. Girlfriend keeps shaking her head at me for spending $200 on a hoody and two shirts.

Not sure if they are switching things up daily but in Dallas items will be different each day from what people are saying. Everything was Military Green here.

MickD

I have a XL Dallas - Woke up and Felt the Vibe hoody in white if any one is interested. I'm not feeling it. Down for trades.

Anth0ny

got to the pop up at 1:30

at 4:30 they told myself and 199 others that we would just barely not get in before it closed, so we got green bracelets and were told to come back tomorrow before 10am. with bracelets we are guaranteed merch :)

probably gonna cop two long sleeve tees and a cap

Everyone camping out to the buy the clothes is reselling that shit anyways LOL.

Wouldn't be surprised if they were mostly minimum wage employees or unemployed.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
buy floor tickets. Never see the artist.

lit af

Pretty sure he is just up there the whole time.

Top Bottom