• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Yeah, true, but there are also a lot of people like myself who do it purely to see an incredible behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the game; not everyone who downloads this is gonna go bugging the devs about it.

Very true, and I'm one of those people as well. Actually I'd say most people are.

But there's always those few. Maybe only 5-10 of 'em, but they're there. And they're relentlessly annoying. >>;

omlet

Well, a shame I missed out on some of the discussion here back in Jan/Feb while waiting for account approval (I signed up just to talk about KS here, not realizing how long it'd take). I had to resort to /v/ as an outlet (while still reading this thread), and /v/ was entertaining and full of feels, but... yeah... Cool to see this thread still going strong half a year later, though!

Anyway, after marathoning the game in January I haven't touched it until lately when I started going through Rin's route again last week. Revisiting the game is quite a different experience, but still in a good way; that walking-on-pins I-hope-I-don't-screw-this-up feeling is gone (I got her good end on first try without any hints, and that was intense), replaced by a different kind of appreciation for the story and some of its aspects (meta or otherwise) that I noticed before but didn't really stop to think about.

Interesting news about the early version leak, too, hadn't heard about that.

Also, obligatory rankings
Stories: Rin > Emi > Hanako > Lily > Shizune. Girls: Emi > Rin > Lily > Shizune > Hanako

Hello KS GAF! Been awhile, but after randomly arguing with a few friends about Shizune, I decided to check in. Having missed the last dozens of pages or so, have I missed anything? It looks like there's another game coming out?

Hello KS GAF! Been awhile, but after randomly arguing with a few friends about Shizune, I decided to check in. Having missed the last dozens of pages or so, have I missed anything? It looks like there's another game coming out?

An older, pre-alpha build of the game was leaked, so everyone is arguing over that.

XeroSauce

Well, a shame I missed out on some of the discussion here back in Jan/Feb while waiting for account approval (I signed up just to talk about KS here, not realizing how long it'd take). I had to resort to /v/ as an outlet (while still reading this thread), and /v/ was entertaining and full of feels, but... yeah... Cool to see this thread still going strong half a year later, though!

Anyway, after marathoning the game in January I haven't touched it until lately when I started going through Rin's route again last week. Revisiting the game is quite a different experience, but still in a good way; that walking-on-pins I-hope-I-don't-screw-this-up feeling is gone (I got her good end on first try without any hints, and that was intense), replaced by a different kind of appreciation for the story and some of its aspects (meta or otherwise) that I noticed before but didn't really stop to think about.

Interesting news about the early version leak, too, hadn't heard about that.

Also, obligatory rankings
Stories: Rin > Emi > Hanako > Lily > Shizune. Girls: Emi > Rin > Lily > Shizune > Hanako

Welcome!

Man I can't even think of rankings anymore, except for Shizune just being last for everything

wip

lilly_light_wip.jpg

Fox318

OFF OF PAGE TWO WITH YOU.

Huge news, guys. A pre-alpha version of the game was leaked. I haven't had time to go through all of the routes, but they seem dramatically different. Shizune's route is AMAZING now. AAAMAAAAZING. I have yet to do the other routes.

Instructions are in the KSG pastebin. Line 26.

If you open it in Ren'Py, I recommend just reading the scripts. Shizune's route doesn't have any visuals or sprites or anything of the sort after Act 2.

Shizune route amazing?

what is this

Mario007

Have never tried any VN (nevermind any Japanese ones) but seeing as this is free I might give it a go. Can I just get a confirmation, though, is this only a dating sim or is there an actual story and all and only the choice of dating some of the girls. Because I don't want a dating sim.

Emitan

*suddenly remembers this game came out this year*

My Game of the Year.

Been in beta for so long I thought it came out years ago because it was always talked about on /v/ back when I went there.

Retne

Well I guess you can add me to the small list of people that attempted to sign up for GAF in order to join the conversation here. Registration obviously takes a while. Shame I missed out on it while I was playing the game. Maybe I'll have to go back and replay a route or two in the near future.

Anyways just wanted to remind you guys you're awesome. I enjoyed reading the thread even if I wasn't able to participate.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Kenji is still my avatar. He's melded with my posting and is a perfect fit for most of the discussions I have on GAF...

kenji_dedicated_to_me_by_lonelyspark-d3j1mxj.png

Billie I like Jiff just as much as the next guy but I miss your old avatar.

XeroSauce

Kenji is still my avatar. He's melded with my posting and is a perfect fit for most of the discussions I have on GAF...

4174.jpg

Billie I like Jiff just as much as the next guy but I miss your old avatar.

What the heck is Jiff?

Is it a GIF image in spray form?

Retne

Good peanut butter? I've only seen Skippy in America

When did you juniors get approved? I've seen an influx of them recently.

July 6th according to my email dates.

There's plenty of different types of peanut butter in the states. A lot of it is delicious but some of it not so much.

Top Bottom