• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

Noi

Well I guess you can add me to the small list of people that attempted to sign up for GAF in order to join the conversation here. Registration obviously takes a while. Shame I missed out on it while I was playing the game. Maybe I'll have to go back and replay a route or two in the near future.

Anyways just wanted to remind you guys you're awesome. I enjoyed reading the thread even if I wasn't able to participate.

Echoing this. I lurked for a long time, so I keep forgetting I can post and comment now...

Maybe I should go read that alpha script for the Shizune route.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Come on, you're killing me here! One more! D:
Chetlies.jpg

Hi all

I played the act one beta a year ago, hoping it was the full game. I forgot about it when I finished it tho. Thankfully I read some dismissive Katawa Shoujo post on a random GAF thread. I downloaded the game on Sunday. It's now Tuesday and I've finished Lilly's, Hanako's, and Emi's routes (in that order). OH GOD, NO SLEEP

Probably gonna start Shizune's cause I heard it was the worst then onto Rin's cause I heard it's the best.

I really like the game (and yes, I'll still call it a game because fuck the purists) despite some flaws. Even though I find issues in the narrative (namely pacing), the characterization is so strong that I ignore them. That's why I get such big feels when those big feels moments come. Like Hanako's is probably the worst paced one, but the continuous ruminating kinda made her big reveal that much more emphatic to me.

BTW, anyone from Toronto notice that they use UofT for some of the backgrounds (like the library and nurse's hallway)? I may be wrong tho

Also, happy bd Hanako

XeroSauce

Hi all

I played the act one beta a year ago, hoping it was the full game. I forgot about it when I finished it tho. Thankfully I read some dismissive Katawa Shoujo post on a random GAF thread. I downloaded the game on Sunday. It's now Tuesday and I've finished Lilly's, Hanako's, and Emi's routes (in that order). OH GOD, NO SLEEP

Probably gonna start Shizune's cause I heard it was the worst then onto Rin's cause I heard it's the best.

I really like the game (and yes, I'll still call it a game because fuck the purists) despite some flaws. Even though I find issues in the narrative (namely pacing), the characterization is so strong that I ignore them. That's why I get such big feels when those big feels moments come. Like Hanako's is probably the worst paced one, but the continuous ruminating kinda made her big reveal that much more emphatic to me.

BTW, anyone from Toronto notice that they use UofT for some of the backgrounds (like the library and nurse's hallway)? I may be wrong tho

Also, happy bd Hanako

I thought so too but I realized that a lot of the hallways and offices can look similar around the world.

I agree with doing Shizune and then Rin, it's a good path.

Welcome to the thread, to you and any newcomers.

Jesus, I expected this thread to have died after my long hiatus. Did we get new blood in here to keep it going, or is it the same old same old here?

Top Bottom