• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

Poyunch

The artbook was thinner than what I expected but it's printed really nice. Hmm... I think Rin had the best pictures (which makes sense). But I don't remember.

Also the book was like $15 at Anime Expo but the buttons were also like $5 so it all works out because that's exactly what you're getting from the kickstarter.

The artbook was thinner than what I expected but it's printed really nice. Hmm... I think Rin had the best pictures (which makes sense). But I don't remember.

Also the book was like $15 at Anime Expo but the buttons were also like $5 so it all works out because that's exactly what you're getting from the kickstarter.

Well that seems fair, Might have to look around and see if anyone is selling those pins?

Well, it'll go horribly wrong or be pretty ok depending on your tastes.

It's going horribly wrong!
Jitoro comes in and every sentence feels like it's been hastily translated. It doesn't flow right and feels disjointed. Like I'm trying to imagine someone actually saying these lines and it's just very awkward and maybe comical. Heard the writer didn't like Shizune so maybe he just stopped giving a shit? LOL at him making fun of Hisao's stupid sweater vest tho

Retne

Crazy was my take on Shizune's dad as well. I think he's mostly there for comic relief and to break up the narrative. Kinda similar to Kenji. He also feels like a reference to Jecht but that could just be me projecting.

Noi

Crazy was my take on Shizune's dad as well. I think he's mostly there for comic relief and to break up the narrative. Kinda similar to Kenji. He also feels like a reference to Jecht but that could just be me projecting.

I thought I was the only one. Though Jecht wasn't... nearly as verbose as Jigoro.

That's exactly who I read his dialogue as.

"You can't do it kid!"
"I'm the best!"

Soma

That's exactly who I read his dialogue as.

"You can't do it kid!"
"I'm the best!"

I thought I was the only one. Though Jecht wasn't... nearly as verbose as Jigoro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7A5mmJ8O-E

TCKaos

Finally got my art book with my card and buttons. Got the meme set (with Misha poking her tongue out).

Also finally hit 40 lbs lost since I started running.

What's up with you guys?

I've been running 3 months tomorrow (missed 3 sessions lately in the past 2 weeks T_T ) and I've lost uh.... 6 pounds...

But I feel way better, so I don't give a shit about my weight.

Retne

I really need to get back to running. I stopped about 5 weeks ago when I was feeling like junk and I haven't gotten back on the horse. I guess now is as good a time as any.

TCKaos

I've been running 3 months tomorrow (missed 3 sessions lately in the past 2 weeks T_T ) and I've lost uh.... 6 pounds...

Also helps that I started at around 315, so now I'm only just getting to 275 lbs. If you started at a lower weight it's only logical that it's going to be harder to lose that weight.

I feel much better, but I'm not done yet. I want to lose at least forty more pounds this year. I think I can probably do that and more if I can actually manage to diet correctly. I've just been eating less shitty food as opposed to changing to good food because I've never got anything more than a few apples or bananas around the house. I just eat half the servings of the same bad food that I always used to eat.

Except fast food. Fuck that game. I'm never touching that ever again.

XeroSauce

I have been working out, and with that comes some cardio etc.
While I haven't been specifically running, I've been running to the grocery store/friend's house where I would normally drive.

I WANT MY ARTBOOK

Jintor

Also helps that I started at around 315, so now I'm only just getting to 275 lbs. If you started at a lower weight it's only logical that it's going to be harder to lose that weight.

I feel much better, but I'm not done yet. I want to lose at least forty more pounds this year. I think I can probably do that and more if I can actually manage to diet correctly. I've just been eating less shitty food as opposed to changing to good food because I've never got anything more than a few apples or bananas around the house. I just eat half the servings of the same bad food that I always used to eat.

Except fast food. Fuck that game. I'm never touching that ever again.

If you cut out soda, cola, and fruit juice you'll see the effects really fast and after a week or two you probably won't miss it. Drink a lot of water. Water is seriously amazing. If it's cold, drink tea.

If you need snacks like I do keep fruit around or get some nuts. Nuts are actually really really good.

Watch the carbs as a general rule of thumb, I try and stay below around 100g a day or so but more realistically I hit around 150 or less.

I've been running 3 times a week for half a year now. Feels goodman.

PKrockin

Good call. You probably built muscle.

I've found brisk walks to be much more enjoyable since I can simultaneously listen to books-on-tape/podcasts. Been walking in the morning or evening about 30 minutes, five or six days a week on average.

I'm officially without my desktop and consoles for an unknown period of time, so I think I'm going to try my best to 100% KS now.

Quick question: I originally played this on my desktop, but I copied all of the files onto a flash drive to pull onto my laptop. Any idea what files I need to actually bring over to keep my Emi stuff in tact? I just don't want to retread any unnecessary ground.

XeroSauce

I'm officially without my desktop and consoles for an unknown period of time, so I think I'm going to try my best to 100% KS now.

Quick question: I originally played this on my desktop, but I copied all of the files onto a flash drive to pull onto my laptop. Any idea what files I need to actually bring over to keep my Emi stuff in tact? I just don't want to retread any unnecessary ground.

For me it's
appdata>Roaming>Renpy>katawashoujo_actual

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Rin always just leaves me feeling drained for most of the route, maybe intentionally. So hard to keep up with her and I wonder sometimes how Hisao resolves to put up with having no idea what the hell is going on 90% of the time.

Maybe it speaks more about my personality that I like to at least be somewhat on the same page as my partners. Rin is on a different page. Of a completely different book. Written in a foreign language.

Got my art book as well. Despite it being a little bit more anemic than I was expecting, I liked it. A lot of quality pictures and the print quality is good. Also, buttons.

At the end of the book:
Pretty much confirms, if there was every any doubt before, that they're done with KS and that there won't be any sequels or anything.

XeroSauce

Got my art book as well. Despite it being a little bit more anemic than I was expecting, I liked it. A lot of quality pictures and the print quality is good. Also, buttons.

At the end of the book:
Pretty much confirms, if there was every any doubt before, that they're done with KS and that there won't be any sequels or anything.

I figured as much.

Emitan

I dont think anyone is surprised.

I'd kill for a KS spinoff anime that's just slice of life stuff at the school

So I've been browsing this thread and the official game forum today. I am highly amused that "the feels" is a term that's come to be associated with this game. When I was really getting into KS our Internet crapped out for nearly two weeks and I wasn't able to check out fan stuff like this immediately afterward like I wanted to, but in trying to think of what I could say to the developers it always boiled down to "Thank you for making me feel things.", so the feels seems like a perfect fit.

Top Bottom