• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

XeroSauce

Thanks, but I'm not one of those people who... well you know what I mean.

I'd like to think I'll meet someone, and I do meet people from time to time, but they never stick around. It's part of a larger problem that I could spend hours writing about but the tl;dr version is that I'm incredibly inconsistent and it unfortunately permeates every facet of my life, whether it be my love life, my artwork, my job, my social life, my eating habits, my workout, my writing, literally every aspect of my life is incredibly inconsistent and it's unfortunately a very wide gap between the two. One day I'll wake up and me a god among men (an exaggeration for effect: I don't actually believe that), and the next day it's like I've been brainwashed by the King of Herp Derp. :/

Maybe you'll meet someone that is on the same wavelength of inconsistency and you'll both have amazing days and lazy days.

Katoki

I jumped on this about the same time week out of boredom. Got good ending Emi earlier this week, played through again and got to the end last night getting neutral Lilly, then skipped through to get the "good" ending. Still had a hard time sleeping. Now I'm at the point where I need more but I'm too afraid to go back because I may just need to buy anti-depressant pills.

GAF... heeellp?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I jumped on this about the same time week out of boredom. Got good ending Emi earlier this week, played through again and got to the end last night getting neutral Lilly, then skipped through to get the "good" ending. Still had a hard time sleeping. Now I'm at the point where I need more but I'm too afraid to go back because I may just need to buy anti-depressant pills.

GAF... heeellp?

Most of the routes have lots of drama, but ultimately their endings are feel good endings. Assuming you get the good endings and not the bad endings, which I don't think every route has. :)

Katoki

Most of the routes have lots of drama, but ultimately their endings are feel good endings. Assuming you get the good endings and not the bad endings, which I don't think every route has. :)

Exactly, it feels good but so bad. This could explain why I have such a huge list of half/nearly finished slice of life anime going on though. Maybe it's not the roller coaster ride, it's the fact that it's ended/ending.

Maybe I'll give it a week.. or two. Still on a MOAR Lilly phase.

GAF... heeellp?

Go do Shizune's story.
Unless you want to spiral down further into madness, then try to go through Rin's path.

RurouniZel

Starting the madness now. Let's hope this works, I plan to do this for maybe 2 hours or so. I'll let you know when I stop. :)

RurouniZel

Well, aside from the shit sound difficulties (I'll work on this for future livestreams), did you enjoy watching?

XeroSauce

GAF... heeellp?

Take a break, breath, stay calm, and carry on. If you need any shoulders we're here. First timers tend to be in a state of KS shock after the first ending.

... I can't fap to this

I thought you were Ironman

There's a lot of people at the beach here. Apparently there's some concert as well, huge stands and stage equipment.

I'm going to go buy some poutine.

RurouniZel

And I will be here, talking to myself.

Hi. :D (sorry, I don't have anything particularly meaningful at the moment). Well, except that I'm attending my buddy's wedding this weekend. Flying to California so I won't be on much later this week.

XeroSauce

Twrlares:
UcrRK.jpg

Kaiami:

Katoki

Take a break, breath, stay calm, and carry on. If you need any shoulders we're here. First timers tend to be in a state of KS shock after the first ending.

Took a weekend and a day or two to clear up. To be honest, I rather enjoyed my first finish which was Emi. It felt like the right amount of ups and downs and then gave a resolution, which then gave the "Aww, it's over now" feel. Then came Lilly, which since it hit as hard as it did, I'm assuming Rin's story will hit harder?

P.S. Breathing caused intense facial scrunching. Thanks though, lol.

XeroSauce

Took a weekend and a day or two to clear up. To be honest, I rather enjoyed my first finish which was Emi. It felt like the right amount of ups and downs and then gave a resolution, which then gave the "Aww, it's over now" feel. Then came Lilly, which since it hit as hard as it did, I'm assuming Rin's story will hit harder?

P.S. Breathing caused intense facial scrunching. Thanks though, lol.

Rin is a different kind of experience...like eating the outside of a pineapple, over and over again, in order to get the the fruit inside.

TCKaos

OFF OF PAGE TWO WITH YOU.

Huge news, guys. A pre-alpha version of the game was leaked. I haven't had time to go through all of the routes, but they seem dramatically different. Shizune's route is AMAZING now. AAAMAAAAZING. I have yet to do the other routes.

Instructions are in the KSG pastebin. Line 26.

If you open it in Ren'Py, I recommend just reading the scripts. Shizune's route doesn't have any visuals or sprites or anything of the sort after Act 2.

PewPewK

OFF OF PAGE TWO WITH YOU.

Huge news, guys. A pre-alpha version of the game was leaked. I haven't had time to go through all of the routes, but they seem dramatically different. Shizune's route is AMAZING now. AAAMAAAAZING. I have yet to do the other routes.

Instructions are in the KSG pastebin. Line 26.

If you open it in Ren'Py, I recommend just reading the scripts. Shizune's route doesn't have any visuals or sprites or anything of the sort after Act 2.

Some spoilers for Hanako's route, though these have been mentioned by devs previously, this is the first time we've seen the script for it:

The ending of this "true arc" has Hanako getting pregnant. Love the comment at the end of the story (by whom I assume is cpl_crud, Hanako's writer.

#Lol baby end.
#Game over.
#Well, maybe. This is a bit of a Lol ending 'cause I want to ask advice from y'all.

Jintor

Delta is up in arms about the leak.

Delta Kurshiva said:
‏@deltakurshiva
If you thought it wasn't possible to pirate a free game, the internet found a way. Fuck all of you.

If you're asking why it's piracy, it's because it doesn't fall under the licence they released KS with, so it's an unlicenced release, thus it's piracy. I think.

redlemon

Some spoilers for Hanako's route, though these have been mentioned by devs previously, this is the first time we've seen the script for it:

The ending of this "true arc" has Hanako getting pregnant. Love the comment at the end of the story (by whom I assume is cpl_crud, Hanako's writer.

That's absolutely nuts. Has anyone made a list of the changes between it and the final product? From the sounds of it the changes were for the better.

But yeah, my heart goes out to the devs. Stuff like this only ever causes grief and fanwank arguments

XeroSauce

If you're asking why it's piracy, it's because it doesn't fall under the licence they released KS with, so it's an unlicenced release, thus it's piracy. I think.

It sucks for them because it causes unnecessary drama, and the KS-fans can be ruthless in terms of what they want to see for the endings etc.

The bad side of a VN like this. :( I hope this doesn't get too far.

Metrotab

Banned
Have people here played other VNs after Katawa Shoujo?

I started playing Kanon a few days ago. Finished Makoto's route today.

TCKaos

I sort of understand his anger... sort of. At the same time I'm not entirely sure what he's angry about. I mean, I guess someone could come along and make a derivative work based on this leaked build if they really put the time and effort in to this, but I'm pretty sure everyone is just curious about how the script was changed.

It's like when the Sonic community finds a new beta build of a game. They're excited to crack it open and take a look inside, see what some of the plans were and think of what might have been.

Everyone knows that this isn't the finished work, and everyone takes that in to consideration when they look at it. Full scenes are missing, some of Emi's sprites are missing, the music is incomplete, and a nice bit of the writing is very very iffy
except for Shizune's which is fucking LEAGUES above her final route in some respects
, but it's a pre-alpha work. This is to be expected. It's just cool to take a look at the creative process.

XeroSauce

I sort of understand his anger... sort of. At the same time I'm not entirely sure what he's angry about. I mean, I guess someone could come along and make a derivative work based on this leaked build if they really put the time and effort in to this, but I'm pretty sure everyone is just curious about how the script was changed.

It's like when the Sonic community finds a new beta build of a game. They're excited to crack it open and take a look inside, see what some of the plans were and think of what might have been.

Everyone knows that this isn't the finished work, and everyone takes that in to consideration when they look at it. Full scenes are missing, some of Emi's sprites are missing, the music is incomplete, and a nice bit of the writing is very very iffy
except for Shizune's which is fucking LEAGUES above her final route in some respects
, but it's a pre-alpha work. This is to be expected. It's just cool to take a look at the creative process.

The problem arises when fans who have accessed the pre-alpha start to harass and bother the devs about route changes, past work etc. If they find something that want/like (Hanako, Shizune) they will post on forums, tweet developers, etc. which is a bother to them.

RurouniZel

The problem arises when fans who have accessed the pre-alpha start to harass and bother the devs about route changes, past work etc. If they find something that want/like (Hanako, Shizune) they will post on forums, tweet developers, etc. which is a bother to them.

Basically this. They did a great work that took forever, and now they're just gonna get hammered with stupid questions like "WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THIS VERSION IT SOUNDS AWESOME GODDAMN IT YOU'RE WRECKING MY FANFICTION CANON FUCKANERNKEKNGSKNSGNKS!!"

That kind of shit is just fucking annoying. >>;

PewPewK

Basically this. They did a great work that took forever, and now they're just gonna get hammered with stupid questions like "WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THIS VERSION IT SOUNDS AWESOME GODDAMN IT YOU'RE WRECKING MY FANFICTION CANON FUCKANERNKEKNGSKNSGNKS!!"

That kind of shit is just fucking annoying. >>;

Yeah, true, but there are also a lot of people like myself who do it purely to see an incredible behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the game; not everyone who downloads this is gonna go bugging the devs about it.

Skimmed the Shizune arc. Yeah. Interesting. People should check it out. Checked out a bit of Hanako's, also interesting.

Any others with changes?

Top Bottom