• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I am 5'8 and weigh 120lbs. Which is malnourished levels of underweight, because that is how my metabolism works apparently. I want to start running so I can actually feel and be healthy.

I didn't run for pretty much all of july. I finally ran a bit yesterday and walk/jogged today. I might try doind somethign like that every day to make up for lost time (really just getting ready for PAX in two weeks)

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
All of my hate!!!! ;P

D: That's super skinny! Are you able to work out to build muscle?
I dunno I've never really tried. My sister says there isn't any muscle in my body, like I'm literally just tissue and bone. Not true obviously, but I can see why she would think that.

I suppose I should try building muscle more than running but I have no idea where to start with that.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I dunno I've never really tried. My sister says there isn't any muscle in my body, like I'm literally just tissue and bone. Not true obviously, but I can see why she would think that.

I suppose I should try building muscle more than running but I have no idea where to start with that.

I would ask a professional trainer. I'd imagine they'd start with non-weight exercises like sit-ups, push-ups etc.

XeroSauce

You need to gain more weight so you can start working out and build muscle. If you wanted to, anyways.

Any runningbros in here? Just started week 6 of the Bridge to 10k program. Running for sixty minutes was much easier than I thought it would be weeks and months ago. Especially fifty pounds later.

I can't believe a VN got me to get fit.

A VN about a guy with my heart condition, even.

Been running every other day, but I forgot about sticking to that schedule so I haven't progressed any. But yea. I'm trying to get my friends to do fitness stuff too.

Jazzem

I've been gym-ing for a few years now, and have been swimming over the summer :D But I actually got a little lax on it at the same time as starting Katawa Shoujo, so Emi's route did make me feel a bit guilty ha. They do really capture that struggle-reward quality of exercise, that was really well handled how Hisao began to enjoy due to the challenge and sense of satisfaction. Heck, basically every theme or topic or activity touched upon in this game was well handled!

On a side note...is anyone else expecting this to be their game of the year 2012? :p I mean I know it's hardly a game, but ehh. Only Rhythm Paradise Wii may compete.

On a side note...is anyone else expecting this to be their game of the year 2012? :p I mean I know it's hardly a game, but ehh. Only Rhythm Paradise Wii may compete.

To echo RurouniZel it's certainly on the list, as for how high i'm not sure but I can easily see it holding onto a position by the years end.
I'll go in to the thread and say "this next game was a small download title but it stood tall, up there with the biggest releases of the year, though limited in actual gameplay it hits some emotional highs very few games reach with an incredible soundtrack as well"
And everyone will think i'm talking about Journey and then BAM! SWERVED! KATAWA SHOUJO! and they will not understand.

Retne

It really depends on how good Guild Wars 2 is. GW2 and KS are the only games this year that have a hope of being my personal GOTY. I think GW2 may win out too. It's been sucking me in every time they put the servers up.

I may only feel that way right now because it's the new hotness though. A couple months down the line I may feel like KS was better. It certainly did effect me quite a bit. Probably not enough considering how lazy I've been these past 2 months. Maybe I need to play through Emi's route again.

Emitan

It really depends on how good Guild Wars 2 is. GW2 and KS are the only games this year that have a hope of being my personal GOTY. I think GW2 may win out too. It's been sucking me in every time they put the servers up.

I may only feel that way right now because it's the new hotness though. A couple months down the line I may feel like KS was better. It certainly did effect me quite a bit. Probably not enough considering how lazy I've been these past 2 months. Maybe I need to play through Emi's route again.

GW2 wins because of Norn boobs.

Jintor

Your american weights suck. I range between 70-75 kg depending on water weight and whether or not I've eaten breakfast.

I missed my run this morning because I was feeling terrible, so assuming the wind doesn't go mad by this afternoon I'm going to have to take a storm run... I've been on interval training for a while, finished the Couch to 5k a while back but I think I've lost my endurance factor.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Someone explain to me why GW2 gets so much hype on GAF.
I saw your Norn character.

I saw what you did.
123123.png

Retne

Someone explain to me why GW2 gets so much hype on GAF.

Because it's fun and it isn't a WoW reskin? It's also a one time purchase for a real MMO. It's just different enough to suck me back into the MMO fold and be happy to be there. It's also a lot more actiony than most AAA MMOs have been in the past.

All I know is it makes me feel like I did when I first played Lineage II which was my first MMO. That is an accomplishment in and of itself.

which was instead taken up by a lot of stuff before that wasn't particularly consequential (seriously, what was the point of
her dad
being there?).
"Your sweater is bad and you should feel bad." I find myself appreciating him more as time goes on.
Wolf Dawgz said:
I'm playing Katawa Shoujo with an xbox 360 controller. It changes the gameplay completely! *Comfy couch Katawa Shoujo*
I did that, too. More recently since so few buttons are necessary I started using a PS3 Navigation Controller-only setup for visual novels... though given the content of some of these games having a one-handed playing solution might earn some strange looks.

So, uh, I just stumbled across this while scrolling for the WUST-thread and have never 'played' a VN before. I really don't know what to expect but I'll try anything for free.

*downloads.

Emitan

I get where she's coming from. There isn't really much there to appeal to straight women, unless they get off on dudes in sweater vests.
I'm still surprised I got her to watch K-ON! lol

Yeah but I told her you can turn off the sexual scenes and they're a very small part of the game.

I get where she's coming from. There isn't really much there to appeal to straight women, unless they get off on dudes in sweater vests.
r4yVw.jpg

Actually, I'm kind of curious now. The VN/eroge field is pretty heavy on male leads with many females. The opposite must exist, but are any notable?

Nishastra

Banned
Trying to narrow things down at the visual novel database, but I don't see how it's possible to look for VNs which fulfill multiple traits/tags. You can get individual lists like female protagonists, romance, or characters that participate in lesbian sex, though.
Click on "visual novels" on the left, and then click on the little "filters" underneath. From in there you can filter by any number of things, including multiple tags.

For the actual tag entry, start typing the name of the tag and then pick it from the list and it'll be added to the filter.

abusori

Click on "visual novels" on the left, and then click on the little "filters" underneath. From in there you can filter by any number of things, including multiple tags.

For the actual tag entry, start typing the name of the tag and then pick it from the list and it'll be added to the filter.

Holy shit, my life is changed forever. Can't believe I didn't notice such a simple thing.

Thank you~

Top Bottom