• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

Danj

Yeah...I just hit 36688 and got a few special events. Shit was just insane.

Gaben saved my Multiball though when all seemed bleak!

Just had my first go on this, let's go power new work timewaster yay!

Bs8LF.png

I guess I need to read the help file because there seemed to be lots of different special things that came up and it wasn't clear whether I needed to click or not; I tried clicking but it didn't seem to affect much.

_woLf

Just finished Hanako's route. Got the good ending. Pretty decently fulfilling ending, and her story makes you think a lot.

I'll probably see the alternate options for her before moving on to someone else, maybe Shizune. I wish Miki was an option. Though, the more I think about it, I don't know if I have the heart to really go through with Hanako's bad ending.

Definitely saving Rin for last, judging by some of the things I've heard. This game is tugging at my emotions almost as much as some parts of Persona 4 did, really surprising...and well done.

This game. All of the feels....

Acosta

I was proud at my score but then I watched some of the posted... It was still worth for: Rin in a Bin!

Still thinking about my time with the game. Lilly was adorable and I loved how the whole story and characters evolved around it. I really appreciated having Akira around, it was all very satisfying.

The dinner in the expensive restaurant was really a great scene and I loved how stylish was Lilly's dress, really loveable

GrizzNKev

Banned
I doubt it will buzz on a meaningful scale until KotakuUS picks it up, and who even knows if they will.

They better. "Alex" could use some publicity. He said he felt strange reading about himself, and although he has a little trouble, uh... expressing himself, his story is a good example that players of the game should be aware of. Loved the whole thing by the way, I saw it as soon as it was up.

Jintor

I wonder what it'd take to get their attention. Serrels posted an off-the-cuff Silent Hill thing they reposted almost immediately, but...

Danj

So guys... This happened just now.

uljdo.png

Oh, you can make the window bigger? Does that make precise angle/speed launching easier? I still can't manage to get the 100% power achievement.

Also, got any tips/tricks for us on how you achieved that gigantic score?

vall03

so, I just tried Katawa Crush just after starting Emis Act 3 and all I can say is wtf is happening?!

I mean, I just got taken for a ride, multiballed, shoryuken, Chie appearing out of nowhere, even Obama is here! This shit is seriously crazy and addictive!

Acosta

Yeah Jintor, just read it, fantastic feature. The kind of deep coverage you like to read to understand why and how a game was made.

Excellent article! I appreciated learning a bit more about what went on behind the scenes as I don't have the time to parse the Dev blog in full.

“We have no concrete plans for the future, so it remains to be seen whether we, or any part of us, will produce something again,” he repeats.

“It might be indicative of the future, though,” he adds, “that it took only two days after release for one of our artists to start talking about future projects to me, with a familiar-sounding enthusiasm.”

I hope something comes of this... Although I will be 40 years old by the time their other game comes out if KS' development cycle is something to go by :l

Suscribed, I'm going to play for a hour or so, I expect it to be good (I liked some parts of Clannad and Kannon, but I found some parts and routes just irritating).

Thoraxes

Oh, you can make the window bigger? Does that make precise angle/speed launching easier? I still can't manage to get the 100% power achievement.

Also, got any tips/tricks for us on how you achieved that gigantic score?

I just put in the address into my browser and maximized my browser window.

Proven

Suscribed, I'm going to play for a hour or so, I expect it to be good (I liked some parts of Clannad and Kannon, but I found some parts and routes just irritating).

I'd actually be curious about comparisons. After watching the Kyoto Animation adaptations I've been curious about playing them.

I'd actually be curious about comparisons. After watching the Kyoto Animation adaptations I've been curious about playing them.
I didn't watch Kanon, but I can speak for Clannad : I prefer the VN over the anime series, but Kyoto Animation did a really, really awesome job at adapting the VN (and even other routes like Tomoyo's) into 26 episodes. It's really better than, say, Fate Stay Night or the disastrous Umineko one.

With that said, I prefer the VN 'cause I like reading, multiple choices/routes, and because the interactions with Sonohara (brother) are more developped (and funnier).

But Tomoyo's route frustrated me to no end.

Don't worry though, she got her own game and I liked it better. That justified it for me.
Well, it's not like I was frustrated because I thought Tomoyo wasn't getting enough characterization or the route was too short...it's just that I felt loads of RAGE and felt like punching a few things while reading it (I really didn't like it). Ah well.

About KS : Holy cow this is professional level designing right here. There aren't a lot of VN that have that level of quality. Colour me definitely impressed, can't wait to advance in the game.
How long is an average route anyway ?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It took me about 6-7 hours to beat Shizune's route while reading act 1, but skipping past that makes the rest of them closer to 3-4 hours.

Jintor

I think that must be why I kept missing decision points, just hitting A before the decision pops up

damn you, cognitive powers

Thoraxes

I think that must be why I kept missing decision points, just hitting A before the decision pops up

damn you, cognitive powers

I'm the same as you with reading speed. When I just used my keyboard though, it was pretty hard to skip over choices like I did when I used my PS3 controller.

So act 1 is the longest act? Because it was painfully slow for me. Finally finished it at like 2 and a half hours.
Depends on the route really. If you do Shizune it lasts forever.

farnham

Banned
i like the concept of the game. disabled heroines in a eroge is clearly a new concept. i dunno however if this will get offensive. things like disability are serious themes and I hope the authors hit the tones right because the game could easily get offensive

Jintor

i like the concept of the game. disabled heroines in a eroge is clearly a new concept. i dunno however if this will get offensive. things like disability are serious themes and I hope the authors hit the tones right because the game could easily get offensive

You're at the tail end of a thread where pretty much everyone who's actually played the game has said "Yeah, it's not offensive" dude

P90

I just went through the first chapter. So far, excellent and insightful story. I'm a physical therapist, I help clients with similar issues every day.

Javier

Currently on act 1 still, and still undecided on which girl to hook with. This looks pretty good so far.

I want to recommend this game at another board I visit but I need to know this first: how strong is the adult content in this game? I understand there are sexual scenes, but how much is shown or is it simply implied through text?

Jintor

It's relatively strong. You can disable most of the CG with the thingy in the options. I've heard reports that doesn't disable the sprites though, so... beware of boobies.

Currently on act 1 still, and still undecided on which girl to hook with. This looks pretty good so far.

I want to recommend this game at another board I visit but I need to know this first: how strong is the adult content in this game? I understand there are sexual scenes, but how much is shown or is it simply implied through text?

There is nudity and graphic descriptions, but it's all handled in a very tasteful manner and never feels intrusive or sex for the sake of sex. I'd say it's about a "R" rated level of depiction

Joe Molotov

I didn't even know you could get this high. :lol :lol

S82lq.jpg

I was at ~600m and I hit the conspiracy guy and it ejected me into low orbit.

Lol at Maximim height. I wish someone could port this to Cydia. Would be an amusing way to kill time. The Hanako/Thuman TD is amazing, I thought a Thurman cameo was hilarious enough but he interacts with the cast? Madness

Man, I was going along fine and then SHIZUNE! Out of nowhere. :(

katawa-crash.png

Anyway, glad to see everyone enjoying the VN. The KS girls are some of my favourite female characters ever.

Top Bottom