• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

Kyuur

So I got Emi and Hanako's good endings.

I really enjoyed both of them. Emi's definitely gave me quite a few more laughs but the ending with Hanako, albeit short, was very satisfying. Made me b'awwwww a lot inside. Also, how is our MC so stupid in Emi's route? >_> Doesn't quite seem to notice the thing going on between Kenji and Yuuko.

Holy shit, Nanako Crash brings me back to High School. I was playing it senior year ages ago, and a bunch of people saw it and started playing too. Pretty soon half the school was playing the game after school on computers. Wow, super nostalgic.

Just reading the comments is getting me excited to finish work. This looks/sounds ridiculous.

Jintor

I think I'll be done after this run, I need to get some actual work done.

If you had told me earlier that I'd spend an hour this afternoon on an unfinished shockwave game I wouldn't have believed you

vid

I think we may have fatally derailed the thread while remaining tangentally on-topic

I'm proud of this thing that has happened.

I'm at the point where I just keep launching Hisao and letting the game play itself, so I can see more insanity happen. My record so far is 28070.00m.... WE HAVE TO GO FURTHER.

Jintor

If I'm interpreting it correctly, the latest dev blog is headed by a 4LS group artistic rendition?

everyone.png

Just hit 20,000m. This game is insane.

Also, I agree with some of the previous posts on Hanako's route.

It would of been great to see her with Hisao after the ending. It was only during the ending that their relationship blossomed, becoming a true two-sided relationship. I really felt it was a shame we didn't get to see for example Lilly's reaction when she gets back from Scotland.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Obama just saved me from Shizune, and I got multiball right after and all three launched right into her anyway. *salute*

I still have to do the rest of Hanako and Rin's route, this game is going to make that very hard.

Articalys

How damn lucky are you people anyway? I can barely get above 5km on that stupid flash game and there's people pushing 100000?
Did get the Unlimited Drill Works though, which was worth it.

Acosta

Awww, that was beautiful. I got what I assume is the good ending with Lilly, I really enjoyed it, I have not much experience with VNs but I have always been curious about the genre and while I'm not exactly a romantic (probably quite the opposite), this story was charming.

I guess the point is playing the different routes, but I don't really want to and I won't do it. I would find it a bit "weird" if that makes any sense. I prefer the story stay as I experienced it (to be honest, I feel the same in almost every game with multiple paths). I am just going to check what is Lilly's bad ending, because I'm curious of how bad it is (I assume it can be really, really bad).

Articalys

Alright, that's it, never touching that damn flash game again.

As for the actual game, I guess I should give it a try eventually. Never played anything even remotely close to the genre before, but hey, it's free.

Venfayth

I liked your article and appreciate the thought put into it, thanks for writing it.

On that note, fuck this game, no other game I've played had me so emotionally distraught ;_;

Awww, that was beautiful. I got what I assume is the good ending with Lilly, I really enjoyed it, I have not much experience with VNs but I have always been curious about the genre and while I'm not exactly a romantic (probably quite the opposite), this story was charming.

I guess the point is playing the different routes, but I don't really want to and I won't do it. I would find it a bit "weird" if that makes any sense. I prefer the story stay as I experienced it (to be honest, I feel the same in almost every game with multiple paths). I am just going to check what is Lilly's bad ending, because I'm curious of how bad it is (I assume it can be really, really bad).

I believe it's the exact same ending, but subtract you chasing after her and everything that follows that event, if you haven't found that out by now.

Acosta

I believe it's the exact same ending, but subtract you chasing after her and everything that follows that event, if you haven't found that out by now.

Ah, thanks a lot. Ewww, good I avoided it, that would have been really sad.

The whole scene near the car saying goodbye was terrible, I felt genuinely sad on it, the feeling of loss was really well portrayed

Yes, this has been beautiful. I'm glad I got into this.

I kind of feel the same way in regards to the second paragraph. It feels like if I play the other routes than the previous one(Hanako's) I did will be "undone" so to speak.

Also, nice article Jintor, it's really great to see KS getting so much attention.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Fantastic writeup Jintor (I had no idea Kotaku even had an aussie site). I really hope you can generate some positive buzz and get more people to try the game out. It definitely deserves the numbers.

Lily's ending is definitely the most feel-good of them all. I agree that replaying the game feels weird but curiosity got the best of me and I'm glad I went through the other routes. Even if some were absolutely heart wrenching.

I liked your article and appreciate the thought put into it, thanks for writing it.

On that note, fuck this game, no other game I've played had me so emotionally distraught ;_;

But that's why it's so good! The best kind of entertainment is the kind the leaves an impression on you imo.

Nearing the 2 hour mark. Still finding it pretty boring, but I do like Kenji and Rin. The former is hilarious.

Think I'm gonna see how I feel about it once I get on an actual route and if I still don't find it very interesting/fun, I'll just stop.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I kind of wish we could have a PA thread on it Zer but given their general attitude to anime at all, nevermind eroge, it's never going to happen

Yah it'd be interesting to given some of the personalities there, not sure it would work. For all the shit PA gives GAF, they're not much better half the time.

Venfayth

But that's why it's so good! The best kind of entertainment is the kind the leaves an impression on you imo.

Oh definitely. I agree. But I can only handle so much at a time, hahaha. I keep saying I'm going to put it down, but then I come back for more x-x

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Oh definitely. I agree. But I can only handle so much at a time, hahaha. I keep saying I'm going to put it down, but then I come back for more x-x

I've gotten 100% in the game and even I feel like going back and replaying some routes. What's wrong with me?! ;_;

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
"No glasses. No napkins. Whiskey only."

Melee reference? Oh Kenji, you are 4chan incarnate.

edit: uh i don't think a
drinking game
over Kenji's craziness is a good idea
edit2: oh fuck do not even go there you motherfucker
edit3: i
died
, but at least i kept my
anal virginity
. All in a good day!

Top Bottom