• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Well guys... Katawa Crash is a thing that happened.

http://mabination.com/threads/46269-Flash-Game-Katawa-Crash?p=732983

Edit: Wow. When I posted this, I just thought "Hah, it's a goofy Nanaca Crash reskin...." but... as it turns out, there are some insane things happening in this game. Give it a few tries before you write it off.

LOL. Holy shit, what is happening...

XkAs3.jpg

Jintor

What? tears? No, I've just been cutting onions... I was planning on making some fried rice later...

/edit what the fuck is this, holy shit

Got started on this earlier in the week and though its been hard getting any playing time I finished Hanako's route a few days ago, the one that I wanted right off.

I gotta say I'm really impressed. I had heard something on this on and off over the last few years but never really paid attention to it. Hell, I honestly thought it was some japanese eroge that was being translated and only found out the truth last week (don't really visit 4chan much if at all) and my jaw dropped that it was pretty much /a/ that started it. My jaw dropped further at just how well this has been put together (holy crap, animated cut scenes!)

And though its late, I'm still gobsmacked by just how this has been received, seeing not just the pic of /v/'s posts earlier in the thread, but seeing some other message boards pretty much saying the same things.

Hat's off to the development team.

As for Hanako, I enjoyed it greatly
and some bits like her breakdown in class really hit hard. Probably among my favorite spots was pool game with her and Hisao playing (she looks great in that outfit), and being surprised by her in that situation. I did get the good end on the first try, as I figured out Lily's phone call to be important (but I didn't realize that the option to keep her inside instead of going to the city would put you on the bad end, and no I have not seen it nor want to go for it, though its been described) and the neutral ending hurts, knowing what might have been.

I've seen some dissatisfaction from some on here, but I don't quite agree with it. I've also unfortunately ran into spoilers on her by accident for Lilly's route (but thankfully not on Lilly herself). One poster on another board mentions, and I find myself nodding in agreement, that in Hanako's own route though at the end its more of a new beginning for her and Hisao her growth is accelerating far more than her counterpart in Lilly's route, seen by her ending CG kiss, to which her facial scarring, while hidden from the player, is seen by all the people in the background whereas she was always careful to hide before.

I'm gonna try for either Emi or Shizune next, as Emi's looks fun from mumblings on Shizune's route I want to get that outta the way. Afterwards I'll go with Rin and end with Lilly.

And thanks gaiz for the semi Rin spoilers.

vall03

just finished Lillys ending and it was good! A bit lengthy though especially on some parts and I kinda like that Hanako had a good ending here too. Now going for Emi next, Im a sucker for twintails, which is weird that I didn't go for her the first time...

pwzVE.png

Fucking student council stopped my run.

Huge flash game spoilers (location and iconic game character cameo):
Misha sent me into space and I saw Wheatly from Portal 2. I don't even...

Top Bottom