• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

My heart is ready!

Starting Hanako's route now ^__^

Also I saw talk of a theoretical KS fighting game on the last page.

I would play the HELL outta that!
I would main Shizune and Misha, they would have to be one of those two for one character deals like Kohaku and Hisui in Melty Blood :)

My heart is ready!

Starting Hanako's route now ^__^

I might go for Hanako myself. I saved at the split where you can choose between Hanako and Lilly and checked them both. When Hanako was like, T-Thanks f-for hanging out with me today." :) I was like.... God damn it, so long Lilly :l

Hanako's route is actually reminding of a girl I went to school with from 6th grade, and then again in high school who had some pretty bad scarring from burns, on her arms and her face. I was kind of amazed how much it had cleared up when I saw her again in high school. I didn't even make the connection til I started playing this.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I finish 3 route in a week, i love the story. Whoever wrote this was very thoughtful, the story is really believable. I think my favorite route is Rin, her disability isn't even the main problem that the main character have to solve.

Proven

I finished Rin, and now all of the routes. Apparently I missed 4 scenes in it, leaving me with 98% completion. A little irritating.

...I need to collect my thoughts a little. I can't even rate the routes now. I was going to rate them on how I felt but then I did Emi's route first and she sapped like 80% of my emotional energy and then I did Lilly's and she took the last 20% and a couple days before I started playing I was catching up on One Piece and One Piece always hits me like a sack of bricks these days so I've been kind of tired through all of this and even staying up all night here and there but the main point is that I'm not even sure how to rate the girls because each of their stories are so long and involved and each one of them taught me something but the thing is that now I need to base it off something other than how well I liked the girls themselves or their routes because I really liked all of them in the end but the only other way I can think of is rating them based on how close I felt Hisao's actions mirrored mine but even then I don't even want to put any of them as last.

*breath*

Bah, I should have rated them as I went after all.

Overall, Rin's route hit most close to home.

Proven

Rating them seems a bit arbitrary to me. Perhaps it is better judged in how each path emotionally affected you, as a person.

If I tried to do that then...

*15 minutes of thought later*

It'd be something like Rin > Hanako > Emi > Shizune==Lilly, but that doesn't really make me feel happy. I'll sleep on it. And maybe watch One Piece. I'm now up to the timeskip episodes, so it'll be a good shock to shake me out of this Rin-like mood/though process/thingy.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Going through Hanako's route now. Act 2 felt really short for some reason. It's not quite as eventful as Emi's route, but it is very... relaxing? I am enjoying my sweet time playing chess and reading books.

edit: holy fuck a
tanned/brown girl
just appeared!

Going through Hanako's route now. Act 2 felt really short for some reason. It's not quite as eventful as Emi's route, but it is very... relaxing? I am enjoying my sweet time playing chess and reading books.

edit: holy fuck a
tanned/brown girl
just appeared!

I'm probably half way through Act 3 or so. It's definitely a more tranquil and measured pace than the other routes I played, things started getting tense just now but I gotta call it a night. This game has kept me up way past my bed time for too many nights :/

stop making fun of mai waifu you wench

EDIT: I can't believe I reached Act 4 in just one night... It's been a while since a game managed to get me to pull an all-nighter.

Don't feel too bad. That was me earlier this week. "Sensei, why do you look so sleepy?" It has nothing to do with the fact that I was romantically pursuing disabled girls and shedding tears. Nope.

Soma

EDIT: I can't believe I reached Act 4 in just one night... It's been a while since a game managed to get me to pull an all-nighter.

welcome to the club!

me a few nights ago:

"okay it's 2am already i'll just get past this scene then sleep"

"okay it's 3am now i'll go to bed when i get to the end of this act"

"okay it's 4am- y'know what fuck sleep"

KatawaCrash02.jpg

Okay now I'm all crashed out. Think I've seen everything in the game.

GrizzNKev

Banned
More praise for KS on /v/:

Anonymous said:
Katawa Shoujo got me in a better mood than i've ever felt the last couple of months. I want to thank all Katawa bros that kept pushing it on /v/ so i got to see it. I would have any other day stayed away from a VN but not this time.

The love for this game is as beautiful as my love for Shizune.

Acosta

i like the concept of the game. disabled heroines in a eroge is clearly a new concept. i dunno however if this will get offensive. things like disability are serious themes and I hope the authors hit the tones right because the game could easily get offensive

I have only done Lilly (blind), and the way it describes how she deal with it, her triumphs and struggles, is absolutely amazing. The tone was flawless and it added a lot to an already great character.

Man, this game is really something. I kinda glad I played it out of curiosity since the first time it was posted here. I was hesitant at first since I heard there were some eroge scenes in it. But after playing threw it(just beat Hanako's ending yesterday) I got to say that it seems to really go with the story and not just put there for the hell of it. Never thought I'd see the day where a game would make me shed tears. I'll probably start on Emi's route next since I kinda got to here Act 2 on accident.

OMG Aero

I've been playing this off and on for the past few days and just got to the start of Hanako's act 2.
I'm really surprised by the quality of it, especially the animated cutscenes even though I've only seen the two of them so far.

Lopson

Neo Member
Lilly's route is absolute trash. Most of the time, there's no drama, and when it's there, it's horribly forced. The sex scenes come out of nowhere and add absolutely nothing to the story (expect for one of them). The characters and the situations are so boring, bland, uninteresting. The fact that Hanako is better off without the MC frustrates me, too (or is she?). Compared to Rin's route... Well, I can't compare the two, actually. One is incredible, the other seems like it came straight out of a cheap novel. Disappointed.

Myriadis

I played it now until I reached act 2 of Emi's route. So it means that the first act determines which route I will take or is it one route after another?

OK it's saturday , i have free time and i've finished lily route ( good end ).

Congrats to the team.. the relation ship between lily and the MC felt genuine and i enjoyed the ending a lot .. Really congrats to all. For a first attempt i'm pleased by the result ..With voice acting this would have been perfect . If the team stay together, then i'll be hyped for whatever your next project may be.

Lily is Great ... I Hope i'll have similar feelign for the others routes

Myriadis

The first act (ie whoever you hang out with at the festival) determines which route you go on.
Ah, okay. I was quite surprised since I thought that there were many choices that finally lead to the route of one of the girls, but it didn't seem that there were many choices. I encountered 4 or 5, I think. At least cool to see that your choices really have consequences;it's the first Visual Novel for me.
And yeah, even with "adult content" turned off there are quite some... risky scenes, like Kenji (or whatever the name of the boy with the glasses and the conspiracy tick is) approaching you completely naked.

Ah, okay. I was quite surprised since I thought that there were many choices that finally lead to the route of one of the girls, but it didn't seem that there were many choices. I encountered 4 or 5, I think. At least cool to see that your choices really have consequences;it's the first Visual Novel for me.
And yeah, even with "adult content" turned off there are quite some... risky scenes, like Kenji (or whatever the name of the boy with the glasses and the conspiracy tick is) approaching you completely naked.

Yeah, I've been playing this game privately since this is my first VN and I heard that the adult content was kinda important to the girls stories. From my experience with Hanako's route, I would say it's kinda important to her good end.

This is my first time ever playing a VN and I'm pleasantly surprised. Always thought that I would find them boring, but I'm enjoying this so far. It got pretty late yesterday because I couldn't stop playing. I might check some other VN's out after this.
Just finished act 1 and I guess I'm on Lilly's route (got a movie about her at the start of act 2).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, I've been playing this game privately since this is my first VN and I heard that the adult content was kinda important to the girls stories. From my experience with Hanako's route, I would say it's kinda important to her good end.

I honestly have no idea how they would "work" with the graphic content off. Does it just skip the images but still display the text? A lot of them don't seem like entire scenes they could just outright skip for the story.

Jintor

Lilly's route is absolute trash. Most of the time, there's no drama, and when it's there, it's horribly forced. The sex scenes come out of nowhere and add absolutely nothing to the story (expect for one of them). The characters and the situations are so boring, bland, uninteresting. The fact that Hanako is better off without the MC frustrates me, too (or is she?). Compared to Rin's route... Well, I can't compare the two, actually. One is incredible, the other seems like it came straight out of a cheap novel. Disappointed.

I disagree. They're just different types of stories - Lily's is a fairly basic (but well-told) romance whereas Rin's is an exploration of the difficulties in communication between all individuals, which by its very nature is a far more complex tale.

Top Bottom