• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

Soma

welp. got no other plans so thinking i'mma replay Lilly's route while sippin' on some tea for valentine's day tomorrow.

yes perfect.

/forever alone post

vall03

welp. got no other plans so thinking i'mma replay Lilly's route while sippin' on some tea for valentine's day tomorrow.

yes perfect.

/forever alone post

Its already Valentine's Day in my country and damn, that just got me an idea...

so another foreveralone day for me... :(

Emitan

I just realized I was subconciously advancing text by hitting the A button on my 360 controller with my foot. While going after Rin. That's a coincidence.

Emitan

Wait shit is this a poke-invasion?

We come in packs (of 6)

EVTId.png

Raiho

Neo Member
Re: shizune
the reason she doesn't talk is because by and large deaf people don't know how to speak 'naturally' - they can probably 'audialise'(?) the syllables but the resultant phrase would be something more like "Iii loooowwwwvveee yuuuuu"

Yep, that would melt all kinds of hearts.

I agree with ma boi KO Traveling Hobo: don't hate the character, hate the story. Shizune is a great character who deserves better. Can't really pick between her and Rin as characters though. So different and so great.

Yep, that would melt all kinds of hearts.

I agree with ma boi KO Traveling Hobo: don't hate the character, hate the story. Shizune is a great character who deserves better. Can't really pick between her and Rin as characters though. So different and so great.
Give this man Member status.

darklin0

Banned
I had this installed for quite a while and never even thought of playing it. After my internet went out earlier today, I decided to give it a try and see what all the fuss was about. Without realizing it, I now have a waifu.

Lilly <3

XeroSauce

Nice to see PokeGAF in here. Spread the love.

While my favorite was Lilly, Rin's route hit me REALLY hard because of how close it got to my personal life. It was horrifically accurate.

But Shizune sucks. Her whole family sucks.
Misha 4 lyfe

flyover

I spent a good chunk of Friday-Monday playing through the game four times (Hanako, Lilly, Emi, and Rin), and then reading this entire thread last night and today.

What a great experience. I really thought I was just going to play through KS once, to see what it was about. But I was so loath to leave the world, I've had to keep coming back for more.

It's weird. I don't think I have a favorite character or route. Every time worked for me, on some level or another.

It's hard to shake Hanako as feeling "right" to me, probably since I took her path first. And I was glad that it dealt with white knighting in the way I'd hoped it would. Someone early in the thread said that getting her good ending made him feel like he'd "won the game," and I still agree, in large part.

Lilly's was probably the most satisfying to me, in a conventional storytelling sense. And its good ending was
Hanako's
best ending, too. But the writing was the worst in this scenario. It's not just the
"I love you" (ad infinitum)
scene, but the writing/editing quality in general. (e.g., The writer was afraid to use the word "me," even when it was grammatically correct. There were several -- maybe dozens -- of sentences like, "She only has Hanako and I..." or "Akira drove Lilly and myself..." It bugged me for some reason, since the rest of the game was so clean.)

Emi's was the most fun, the most hopeful for the future, and -- because I liked Hisao the best in this one (give or take a little bit of dumbassery) -- the most relatable. Also the
"Let's have anal sex!" to "Let us never do that again!"
sequence went from WTF to hilarious in the course of a few frames.

Rin's route was so frustrating. Rin was so frustrating. But that was kind of the point. So, while it's hard to say I enjoyed much of it, I thought it was very well done and effective. She's the most damaged one of all. Probably the best writing and pacing of any of the routes, and I thought the ending was great. The art teacher didn't really feel right as a character, though. There was something inauthentic about him. Maybe because he came off as more of a plot device than a person.

Haven't done Shizune's route yet. I've read all the spoilers already, but I'm sure I'll still play it, soon enough.

This thread has been a great post-game read, by the way. Kudos to all who've been posting in it.

I spent a good chunk of Friday-Monday playing through the game four times (Hanako, Lilly, Emi, and Rin), and then reading this entire thread last night and today.

What a great experience. I really thought I was just going to play through KS once, to see what it was about. But I was so loath to leave the world, I've had to keep coming back for more.

It's weird. I don't think I have a favorite character or route. Every time worked for me, on some level or another.

It's hard to shake Hanako as feeling "right" to me, probably since I took her path first. And I was glad that it dealt with white knighting in the way I'd hoped it would. Someone early in the thread said that getting her good ending made him feel like he'd "won the game," and I still agree, in large part.

Lilly's was probably the most satisfying to me, in a conventional storytelling sense. And its good ending was
Hanako's
best ending, too. But the writing was the worst in this scenario. It's not just the
"I love you" (ad infinitum)
scene, but the writing/editing quality in general. (e.g., The writer was afraid to use the word "me," even when it was grammatically correct. There were several -- maybe dozens -- of sentences like, "She only has Hanako and I..." or "Akira drove Lilly and myself..." It bugged me for some reason, since the rest of the game was so clean.)

Emi's was the most fun, the most hopeful for the future, and -- because I liked Hisao the best in this one (give or take a little bit of dumbassery) -- the most relatable. Also the
"Let's have anal sex!" to "Let us never do that again!"
sequence went from WTF to hilarious in the course of a few frames.

Rin's route was so frustrating. Rin was so frustrating. But that was kind of the point. So, while it's hard to say I enjoyed much of it, I thought it was very well done and effective. She's the most damaged one of all. Probably the best writing and pacing of any of the routes, and I thought the ending was great. The art teacher didn't really feel right as a character, though. There was something inauthentic about him. Maybe because he came off as more of a plot device than a person.

Haven't done Shizune's route yet. I've read all the spoilers already, but I'm sure I'll still play it, soon enough.

This thread has been a great post-game read, by the way. Kudos to all who've been posting in it.

Shizune's route is the best! Probably the most interesting routes besides Rin (All the other routes are pretty typical waifu material ;P).

Has low points but so do all other routes. Has the best pout!

Top Bottom