• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

Boney

Banned
A random question, are there any western VNs? Like, no anime characters? Not that I don't like anime, but I think it'd be interesting to see.

Hotel Dusk, and it's much superior sequel, Last Window on DS, although it is anime-ish, it's not moe kind of anime.

hotel-dusk-215-20060509002448809_640w.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYY3ocPMx9w

But you're not a handheld gamer so up yours mister teeheehee

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So I started Lilly's route yesterday, made my way to the start of act 3 today and I gotta say, I think I'm starting to feel my allegiance being swayed.

Join us, we have tea.

Spent the festival with Rin, so it looks like I'm going with her, which is good since I enjoy her character so far, even if Hisao's lack of knowledge in art jargon bugs the shit out of me.
Actually, I like all the girls so far. Far more than I thought I would, especially with Rin.

XeroSauce

I was curious what you meant so I took a peek into /v/. Christ almighty, I don't know how you or anyone can stand that place. So much rage, stupidity, and undeserved elitism. Also autism. Oh ye gods, the autism.

People are genuinely raging because Mass Effect 3 has an option to turn anti-aliasing on/off. What the fuck?

The only reason a sane person would go there are for images or leaks (they tend to grab leaks really early somehow).

EDIT: Moot is making a few new boards, and KS generals will be moved to one of them. Maybe that means less shitposting? I don't know.

Emitan

I'm trying to find some (fake?) screenshots I saw on /v/ a few years ago of a Chernobyl dating sim.

"It's not like... I like you or anything.... just take my medkit!"

Emitan

If anyone's read Old Man's War it would actually be a pretty cool setting for a dating sim. They're space marines who have orgies after battles... The book isn't about sex or anything, but it fits the current discussion.

Jintor

I don't know why but I'm seeing the hero of this tale as Ciaphas Cain from those Warhammer novels (despite the fact that I've never even read them)

Emitan

Men and women.

Okay, this is some minor spoilers but it makes that make sense. Basically it's the future and to get soldier they entice old people to join the military. Their minds are basically transplanted into super soldier bodies who resemble them, but really young and fit. And what happens when you have large group of old men and women who suddenly have young, fit bodies? Yeah...

Boney

Banned
i'd consider spoilers what you said, but yeah misha is cool. Hell even Shizune is ok, but the whole story was terrible.

And Jigoro sucks big time, but I guess that's what they were going for.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Lily is still #1.

Hisao despised seeing Lilly cry, as proven when she cried within Hisao's arms. A man like him definitely would not want to see his love bawl like that again.

Now knowing Emi, if she got even the slightest whiff of what happened, all it would simply take for Emi to get Hisao exercising every day would be to simply say "Do you really want to see Lilly cry like that again?" That would definitely hit home for someone such as Hisao.

Plausible too. Nurse would have gotten a report from the nearby hospital by the airport, would proceed to give a stern lecture to Hisao for his reckless act and have Emi keep an eye on being his helper. Emi loving track, will have Hisao running laps to keep fit.

Then again, I'm a Lilly-bro, so can't help but be a bit bias :3

That's amazing, but it makes me sad because Katawa Shoujo will never get new paths/stories.

Also, it reminded me: what the fuck is the deal with Hideaki? Why does he even exist?

549.jpg

Emi's Route is the best for Hisao.

It all makes sense if you think about it. In all the other routes it's pretty much a coin toss to determine if Hisao would even live to climax. No lady would stay around too long if bed life is shit/stressful/etc.

And if you think about it... Emi bad ending might be the winning route!

Let's do some math. It takes Hisao approx 1 school semester to get into the average girl's pantsu (his ability to change his personality to adapt to any girl is a nice trait ;P)... and he's about to go to college. Science major. Science girls are into some kinky stuff... at least where I live. Not sure about Japan.

Live long AND prosper!

That's amazing, but it makes me sad because Katawa Shoujo will never get new paths/stories.

Also, it reminded me: what the fuck is the deal with Hideaki? Why does he even exist?

Everyone in this game has their opposites. Hideaki was the opposite of the androgynous Akira... Other than that reason... /shrug

Poyunch

In Act 2 of Rin's story; don't know how deep into it I am though. Compared to Emi's much hasn't happened. So far I really prefer Emi's line still. I respect the more introspective attitude of Rin's plot but I like the more positive tone of Emi's.

It's nice. I guess.

Jintor

In Act 2 of Rin's story; don't know how deep into it I am though. Compared to Emi's much hasn't happened. So far I really prefer Emi's line still. I respect the more introspective attitude of Rin's plot but I like the more positive tone of Emi's.

It's nice. I guess.

relationship doomed ;__;

It's nice. I guess.

hmmm in terms of 'positive tone' it's pretty much Emi -> Misha...shizune -> everyone else?

Ok I finished Hanako's good end today. All i can say is that the story was interesting I guess and I almost like Hanako as a character. Other than that I'm pretty sure I have no soul.

Gonna begin Lilly's path next.

I've put ~3 hours into this, still in act one. Lilly and Hanako >>>> Emi and Rin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Misha and Shizune

I wish this game had an autosave function. I just lost an hour+ of progress thanks to Windows Update. T_T

Top Bottom