• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

Jintor

Better WIP

tumblr_lzjjnh50p31rnx5rho1_1280.jpg

Requeim

At least he has a good color scheme going, unlike
Hideaki who I believe is the most poorly drawn character overall

Pretty sure Hideaki was drawn like that on purpose. He is pretty much a male version of Ciel from Tsukihime, as far as looks goes.

Emitan

Just did all of Rin's endings. Oh my god. Her internal conflicts involve some stuff I've been dealing with for the past few years and you can't imagine how emotionally drained I am from it. I can't describe it.

Just did all of Rin's endings. Oh my god. Her internal conflicts involve some stuff I've been dealing with for the past few years and you can't imagine how emotionally drained I am from it. I can't describe it.

It's okay buddy. I shed actual, honest to god, bitch tears to her ending, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Sometimes the best girl isn't the cutest one, or the one that puts out the most, it's the one that carves out a hole in your heart and nestles into that hollow, filling the recesses with something you thought was long forgotten.

Emitan

It's okay buddy. I shed actual, honest to god, bitch tears to her ending, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Sometimes the best girl isn't the cutest one, or the one that puts out the most, it's the one that carves out a hole in your heart and nestles into that hollow, filling the recesses with something you thought was long forgotten.

/shrug

Hehehe

Totally agree. To be fair I've only finished 2 stories so far, but I think she's the one I would be happiest with in real life.

I am aware of that particular sentiment.
None of the other routes were able to pry them out of me. I think it was the breakdown after the art teacher blows up at her that got me.

Emitan

When you realize that that's what you did to her earlier... I just couldn't take it. Because of how much I identified her, it was like yelling at myself. ;_;

Poyunch

Did the good and neutral ending of Rin's like 3 hours ago (since I originally got the bad ending). Man Rin's line is great. I still like Emi more. I couldn't handle Rin in real life.

I've only played Emi and Rin so I may be assuming things but it makes a lot of sense that the characters would be written in a way that they'd be relatable but I'm passed some of the stuff Rin's gone through. :S

I really do wonder what's going to happen between Rin and Nomiya.

Rin spoilers
When you realize that that's what you did to her earlier... I just couldn't take it. Because of how much I identified her, it was like yelling at myself. ;_;
I meant the scene after that, where Rin's stoicism finally breaks down.

But in my second play through, the scene you mentioned actually made me
finally sympathize with the art teacher. Everyone writes him off as an asshole(and I did too, originally), but if you actually read what he says, he's exploding with feels.

What Rin did fucking broke his heart.

*sigh* Lilly and Hanako would make such a cute couple. ^_^

Edit: Fuck yeah, I'm on to act two and I am most definitely on Hanako's route. :D

Boney

Banned
Just finished Emi's route, both endngs.

Was pretty good, but I'd rank it 3rd so far. How stupid is Hisao for not being able to figure out what happened though.

Just finished Emi's route, both endngs.

Was pretty good, but I'd rank it 3rd so far. How stupid is Hisao for not being able to figure out what happened though.
At the same time, he wasn't surprised in the least when
"visiting her father" meant going to a cemetery.
I loved Emi's route, but that particular plot thread was a mess.

Boney

Banned
yeah that kept threwing me off the story, that emi thing

I dunno. I guess.

I got like half an hour in this game and got really bored. I haven't gone back to it. I 'spose I should just finish up one of the routes.

not a fan of chapter 1 myself if it means something

That's looking amazing, Jintor :D

Do you use a pen tool for outlining? Or are you one of those people who have magic strokes that come out perfectly?

Jintor

That's looking amazing, Jintor :D

Do you use a pen tool for outlining? Or are you one of those people who have magic strokes that come out perfectly?

I work at around 10x that resolution. Photoshop can't handle trying to preview the full image. Thankfully it doesn't just outright crash like SAI.

hamchan

Put in 2 hours into the game and I'm very impressed. Feels very professionally made and it's already better than a lot of VNs I've played.

PKrockin

I finished Lilly's route (boy is she an ideal waifu character), and I'm on Shizune's now. Left Rin for last because even though I don't like her I keep hearing good things about her route. Funny how I keep coming back to this game every so often despite not thinking particularly highly of it. I guess that's because it's so relaxing. After a particularly tiring/frustrating day at work Resident Evil: Revelations is the last thing I want to play.

Shizune's route is meh so far. I probably have myself to blame for even starting the route when I didn't really like Shizune or Misha to begin with, but the side characters aren't catching my interest like the nurse or Akira either. Doesn't feel like the route is building up to anything either... well, I'll see.

... I almost want to play Emi's route again because of that awesome nurse and his sexy music.

Woot finished up Rin route. My heart really does need a band aid...

94%

Man I'm not looking forward to back to back play all the bad/neutral endings =/

I do kinda wish Rin had some crazy messed up backstory, like a wild bear ripped her arms off or something. I get the feels... but something feels lacking o_O.

Still probably the most interesting route.
Shizune probably the most charming.
Emi most adorable.
Lilly most waifu
Hanako... don't know. A bit lacking after hnnnng wore off ;)

Something I noticed. The girl's character pretty much stays the same the whole game, but it's hisao that changes, which works for some character archetypes... and not so much for others.

Top Bottom