• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

Jintor

I know a lot of focus gets put on the disabilities, but they're really elements of each character's story as opposed to focal points, so to put such a great emphasis on them seems anathema to what the game is actually about. Even Hanako's,
arguably the one with the greatest focus on an actual, defining event in her life, is not about the event as such but more on how she learns to deal with other people in the aftermath of it.

Jintor

Thalidomide was deleted from canon for being the wrong time period, more or less. It's just an unspecified birth defect.

The crayon drawings plus Hanako's story at the end of act 2...
ibmjF6fkS5dMt0.gif

XeroSauce

I think it's the other way around, Hideaki is the direct result of having a fucktard for a dad.

Exactly, I direct all of the problems Shizune and Hideaki have to the halfwit asshole of a dad.

Seriously. I generally enjoy snarky characters but KS really got this guy to my edge.

hamchan

So I finished the game with Emi.... I started to get annoyed by her near the end.

Now I'm down Hanako's route. She seems nice.

Top Bottom