• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drake vs Kendrick Lamar

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Oh my god it's a funeral

6LkNdnO.png

belmarduk

Phenomenal show.
I don't even like very much rap but I've been energized ever since, can only imagine how the people in the audience felt.

People were saying how he might not even do any of the beef songs... and he did various versions of Not Like Us *six* times... and the crowd still wanted more. It was great seeing him do Still DRE and California Love too.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Official video

Anna Kendrick Movie GIF

That video was AWESOME! To give some knowledge about the dancers: the guy in the clown outfit is the originator of a dance style called Clowning (or Clownin') which is kinda related to Krumping ... Both West Coast dances that REQUIRE a lot of athleticism to do. Dance crews like Jabbawockeez and others incorporate Clownin' and Krumping (both came from breakdancing and pop-locking which both originated with Hip Hop).

Just wanted to share in case anyone didn't understand why the guy was in a clown outfit and the other dancers were wearing face paint. They're all a part of the Clownin' culture.

DrFigs

I just don't get Not Like Us. it's a basic low effort, repetitive mustard beat. And the rhymes are awful. it's like Kendrick's not even trying to rhyme. It's maybe the worst song to come out of this beef.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I just don't get Not Like Us. it's a basic low effort, repetitive mustard beat. And the rhymes are awful. it's like Kendrick's not even trying to rhyme. It's maybe the worst song to come out of this beef.

The whole point of Not Like Us was to make a simple, dance-able song that everyone can sing along to. That's its power. Yes, it's dumbed down for the masses compared to his other songs in this beef, but that's why he's got the whole hood singing and dancing behind him.

We all know Kendrick can rap, that he can tell stories, that he can switch up his flows 20 times in a song, all of that. But when your opponent is Drake, you might just have to make 'em dance.

Toons

Drake has exactly one tactic in all of his beefs. Flaunt his money and success; tease playfully, and attack you and your girl. Especially that last part, because he equates attacking your girl with attacking your manhood. He does this every beef he's in, and is never equipped to handle the heat that comes as a result of this approach.

Now Kenny has flipped it completely on its head, flaunting a happy and healthy family unit that drake has never had but always feels the need to try and undermine.

Top Bottom