• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Cheska

I desire one so badly.

I'm such a nerd, I'm listening to some tracks on Youtube while I'm at work :3

On Chapter 8, using the Darkness Bow:

Palutena: "Pit, you sure are good with your bow."
Pit: "Yeah, I used it back in Brawl."
Palutena: "Oh no, you were in a brawl? Did you get hurt?!"
Pit: "No, it was a smash."
Palutena: "I didn't know you got into a melee."
Pit: "...well, that's because I didn't."

Holy shit, that is AWESOME! I had no idea that the dialogue changed depending on what weapons you used.

Also, did you guys know Palutena is voice by Ali Hillis, who also voices Lightning from XIII/XIII-2 and Liara from Mass Effect? My mind was blown since she sounds completely different. Hats off to her for such great VA work.

Can we seriously start a Wikiquote page on this game?

It needs to happen.

Jintor

I've only ever had the 'club' weapon dialogue yet.

2x 'bald angel wings' and 5x 'big monsters kill pit grr!' (amazing voice acting) though

Palutena putting on voices is the funniest shit.

backlot

I'm pretty sure there's more than one dialogue for each weapon. I'm pretty sure I got one where Pit talked about attaching his bow to his feet. I guess that could have been the blade dialogue though.

Neiteio

Just unlocked the
Lightning Chariot
idol on the achievement board and then right after it tossed some eggs and got
Chariot Master

feelsgoodmang.gif

I'm pretty sure there's more than one dialogue for each weapon. I'm pretty sure I got one where Pit talked about attaching his bow to his feet. I guess that could have been the blade dialogue though.
No, I got that one using the bow as well. The one where he also talks about turning them into nunchuks and Palutena says he'd probably chop off his hands?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
So... how many games does this reference? I'm gonna spoiler it, cuz... I donno. Probably doesn't need it but whatever.

Nintendogs
Brain Age
Metroid
Super Smash Brothers Brawl & Melee
Dr. Mario
Of course the original Kid Icarus

What else is there?

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Just finished chapter

All I can say is:

keanu-reeves-whoa.jpeg

Neiteio

So... how many games does this reference? I'm gonna spoiler it, cuz... I donno. Probably doesn't need it but whatever.

Nintendogs
Brain Age
Metroid
Super Smash Brothers Brawl & Melee
Dr. Mario
Of course the original Kid Icarus

What else is there?
Off the top of my head, there's a
arcade Donkey Kong
reference in the
Chariot Master chapter

And I love seeing everyone's mind blown when they reach a certain chapter. XD

Busaiku

...Bros!

Neiteio

I hope there's an idol of the
Soul Eating Monster
(late game spoiler). There's one of everything else, so probably!

Neiteio

Man, that last boss sure was something.
The stupid part was lining up the reticule though, so unresponsive.
That's intentional. It's supposed to be like you're on your last leg.

Also, Game & Watch reference by Pit in Chapter
:
"The Aurum are going all Game & Watch on us." To which Viridi replies, "Look who's a videogame historian. But enough with the nerdery!"

Doorman

Gah, I feel so bad at this game. I barely survive most levels even at Intensity 5, and I'm not sure if it's because I just suck, I need to tweak the controls still, or if I just need better equipment. I'd love to keep playing but...I guess I should try and find an extra grip or something for my 3DS, the reliance on using L and the circle pad all simultaneously is still killing my hand, even using control methods that give me much more natural weight-support.

One of these days I'll get my name added to the multiplayer list here, too. I really want this to be an experience that can last me a while!

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Day after launch and not one store in my area has this yet. Good going, Nintendo.

Looks like online wins again...

kSt

Well today I suck big time. I`ll try different tactics.
EDIT: I wonder how can I get a new stand when I break this one.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I tried free for all for the first time with my new beasty tiger claws and won around 8 times in one sitting, five in a row at one point. This game is so awesome, probably because I am very successful at it. I prefer multiplayer over the single player and now free for all over dark vs light; so many targets!

Jintor

I like multi and singleplayer for completely different reasons, I think

Goddamn do I want to play right now. Arrghh law

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Just beat the game. The final battle was so good. Of course, now I have the challenges to tackle and a ton of multiplayer to look forward to. I may have beaten the story, but I don't think this game is going to leave my 3DS for a while. I'm still high on hype, but I can't help but think that this is the best handheld game I've ever played.

Holy shit at the Hades Challenge Wall. I knew it existed, but a lot of those challenges are going to be a bitch to complete. I'm going to try my best, but it's definitely going to be a while. I swear I'll have beaten each chapter more than 10 times when I reach my goal. I hope the rewards for finishing a challenge wall is worth it.

So, i've got kinda large hands. Tried playing for about 15 minutes and my pinky finger on my left hand went insane with pain. My brother had mentioned he was feeling it when he played as well. Oddly, he's got hands like a newborn.

This is our first time touching a DS period...will this go away? Do I need to buy some attachment to help alleviate the pain?

Busaiku

You know, speaking of Treasure Hunt rewards...
Are the weapons set stuff, or do you get better weapons if you managed to beat the level at a higher Intesnity when you beat the challenge?

Same for those weapon room things (Zodiac Rooms, I think).

So, i've got kinda large hands. Tried playing for about 15 minutes and my pinky finger on my left hand went insane with pain. My brother had mentioned he was feeling it when he played as well. Oddly, he's got hands like a newborn.

This is our first time touching a DS period...will this go away? Do I need to buy some attachment to help alleviate the pain?

If you are using the stand, I'd say find the right relative height for it compared to where you are and it should be less of a problem. Not sure why the pinky would hurt unless it was holding the system up itself.

You know, speaking of Treasure Hunt rewards...
Are the weapons set stuff, or do you get better weapons if you managed to beat the level at a higher Intesnity when you beat the challenge?

Same for those weapon room things (Zodiac Rooms, I think).

Pretty sure Zodiac rooms are effected by Intensity, however Hunt rewards are all pre-set.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One bit of noob multiplayer advice is to find that fucking level 4 megabomb power or whatever its called and use it every possible time you can.

You'll even get another free use out of it every time you die.

Darryl

Banned

some in this thread suggested this grip.

i don't know what it would be like for this to be my first 3ds game, i'd imagine it'd be uncomfortable. i suggest just giving it some time.

Top Bottom