• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Jintor

I was getting cheesed by that quite a bit. Giant lasers and bombs... thank the Goddess for Super Armour and clubs

Can someone explain to me how I get apt pass weapons

Turn on spotpass in Options / Other and keep your wireless on (assuming you're connected to your home wifi)

One bit of noob multiplayer advice is to find that fucking level 4 megabomb power or whatever its called and use it every possible time you can.

You'll even get another free use out of it every time you die.
Where do you get it?! Out of maybe 100 multiplayer battles, ONCE it was up for grabs and didn't go to me. I was so ARNGRY! I want to spam that stuff like a noob.

For some reason, it feels like some powers can only be gotten in muti, is this true for anyone else?

Also, guys, Item magnet is awesome. Pulls any item to you that's on the field randomly in front of you, got a daybreak using it. :eek:

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Where do you get it?! Out of maybe 100 multiplayer battles, ONCE it was up for grabs and didn't go to me. I was so ARNGRY! I want to spam that stuff like a noob.

Well, I've played light versus dark for about twenty hours but I did get it relatively early, first try in the roulette.

It goes with basically every weapon. It gives you an oh shit button for long ranges, something to start an air combo with good close range non club melee, and a devastating one two charge shot insanity with clubs.

some in this thread suggested this grip.

i don't know what it would be like for this to be my first 3ds game, i'd imagine it'd be uncomfortable. i suggest just giving it some time.

Thanks Darryl. Ordered it anyway just in case. Only $12 and I only paid half price for the game. Thanks again.

maeda

Am I the only one who's more excited for Smash 3DS than Smash U after playing KI? Having another rich experience in your pocket sure is going to be nice.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Gah. Just received the game. The flight parts are wonderful... foot ones... what a disaster. The touch screen is unsuitable for this. Game is awesome, but the control method leaves a lot to be desired. Underwhelmed so far

Anteo

Gah. Just received the game. The flight parts are wonderful... foot ones... what a disaster. The touch screen is unsuitable for this. Game is awesome, but the control method leaves a lot to be desired. Underwhelmed so far

Wow. It's not like they can add kb + mouse or pointer controls for the 3ds.
Also many posters had the same opinion as you. 5 hours later and lot of them were enjoying the controls.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Also many posters had the same opinion as you. 5 hours later and lot of them were enjoying the controls.

I know. Will see how it develops. My left hand gets cramped and tired too =/

Neiteio

End game spoilers:

What was the point of Medusa appearing at the end? Seemed pointless.
Erm, what? It wasn't pointless for many reasons:

- We learn Hades was bringing back Medusa as a pawn yet again
- Medusa was sick of it and sought her revenge
- This is awesome since the hero and the nemesis unite against a greater threat
- Medusa uses the last of her strength to prevent Hades from unleashing his full power
- As a nice touch, one of Medusa's arms wasn't even fully restored yet
- She deals a weakening blow to Hades, allowing Pit to take him down with the cannon

All kinds of awesome. Hardly pointless, unless you want to start labeling all the other twist and turns and dramatic out-of-nowhere moments as "pointless."

Tuck

Gah I suck at multiplayer.

Slowly getting better at single player though! Wish they split up the ground and air stuff into two separate missions, just so i could choose which one I want to replay.

maeda

I remember having severe hand cramps from MPH. But I think I found how to avoid them with KI. Just support 3DS with both your left hand and your right little finger. Works perfectly for me!

13 hours later and it's still an issue for me. It's a great game, and I'm able to get done what needs to be done most of the time, but any more than 3 enemies in a room and it becomes a chaotic mess—in a bad way.

There's definitely a learning curve, but I can't be dismissive of all the skepticism about the controls. It still feels like it's several notches below ideal.

massoluk

Banned
I think my way of hold the 3DS and the stylus to play this game is weird yet comfy.

My right hand, I hold the UPPER screen by locking it between my middle and ring fingers. Then I hold the END of the stylus with the thumb and the index finger, with the tip of middle finger supporting the stylus from below.

Neiteio

Oh god, a fantastically worded bit of potty humor from near the end of the game, Chapter
:
Hades (when he's trying to shit Pit out): "You've been privy to a side of me no one has seen -- the inside of me -- and now you will be privy to a privy too. Tu ta lu!"

Fantastical

Death Prophet

- Medusa uses the last of her strength to prevent Hades from unleashing his full power
- She deals a weakening blow to Hades, allowing Pit to take him down with the cannon

All kinds of awesome. Hardly pointless, unless you want to start labeling all the other twist and turns and dramatic out-of-nowhere moments as "pointless."

She was there for like 5 seconds and then disintegrated. Okay maybe it wasn't completely pointless, but it was still lame. I thought there would be some big showdown but he just injures her twice and then she's gone. Sure it saved Pit, but only because it was written in a way that Pit needed saving. I thought it was going to be really awesome and you would team up with Medusa or something but she barely did anything. Yes, I agree it was cool that the nemesis and Pit teamed up but she was just there and gone. It changed her character so briefly. They could have done more with that.

I was really hoping to see
Dark Pit and Viridi/Phosphera show up and help out. Admittedly Viridi was powering your wings while Palutena was powering up the Canon, but...

Yeah I was kind of hoping for a big showdown involving all the main players. In a way we kind of got that, but honestly I thought the ending could have been done better. It wasn't bad, but I thought there was more potential. Still, it was cool to see everyone rooting for Pit as the game went on, especially after Pit sacrifices himself to save Pitoo.

Anteo

13 hours later and it's still an issue for me. It's a great game, and I'm able to get done what needs to be done most of the time, but any more than 3 enemies in a room and it becomes a chaotic mess—in a bad way.

There's definitely a learning curve, but I can't be dismissive of all the skepticism about the controls. It still feels like it's several notches below ideal.

Well I never said All of the posters now love the controls. For the record, I can't get a copy of KI:U here in my country yet. I don't know how hard will be to adapt to me, but as someone that hates dual analog (but it's actually an okay player on that control scheme) I hope the controls click fast.

The "spinning a globle" thing make me think that is far easier than most say.

Neiteio

oh come the fuck on, Neiteio
Erm, what? I quoted the game, and I spoiler-tagged it. What's the problem? Or are you saying the potty humor joke was lame?

And Fantastical, I see where you're coming from now. I think it works etiher way, including the familiar
"guy out of nowhere taking a shot to give the hero an opening"
plot device seen here. They did have
a team-up
like you described in chapters
15-17
, though, so I could see wanting to see that again.

sfried

Actually, to correct you in one point,
Medusa WAS already fully formed by the time she got to Hades. Don't you recall what happened?: She punched Hades while he was firing, causing one of her arms to fly off (you even see it flying off the distance while getting a close up of Medusa). A similar thing happened when Hades blocked the next blow
. I can also confirm this with the
Idol I unlocked in that chapter for summoning Medusa under 25 seconds

Also, after the end credits,
don't hit any buttons after the screen with "The End" and a feather. After a while you will hear Hades banter again

Neiteio

Actually, to correct you in one point,
Medusa WAS already fully formed by the time she got to Hades. Don't you recall what happened?: She punched Hades while he was firing, causing one of her arms to fly off (you even see it flying off the distance while getting a close up of Medusa). A similar thing happened when Hades blocked the next blow
. I can also confirm this with the
Idol I unlocked in that chapter for summoning Medusa under 25 seconds

Also, after the end credits,
don't hit any buttons after the screen with "The End" and a feather. After a while you will hear Hades banter again
Ah, yes. You're right. And whoa, I didn't know about the
idol
and
the end banter, even though I waited a bit
. Can you describe what that
idol
is a bit more, though, and how exactly you got it?

sfried

Ah, yes. You're right. And whoa, I didn't know about the
idol
and
the end banter, even though I waited a bit
. Can you describe what that
idol
is a bit more, though, and how exactly you got it?
If you
summon Medusa in Chapter 25 within 25 seconds
you get the
idol Hades vs. Medusa, which shows Hades getting punched by Medusa

Neiteio

If you
summon Medusa in Chapter 25 within 25 seconds
you get the
idol Hades vs. Medusa, which shows Hades getting punched by Medusa
That sounds awesome, and as an idol fiend I must have it, but how do you
summon her faster?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Chapter
was awesome story-wise but gameplay wise it was a bit dissapointing. I was glad to see the return of
Magnus, though his style made me really appreciate how Pit plays and the level of depth is weapons and powers provide. That said, I still think that a side-game perspective from the humans and Magnus would be awesome

Whatever you people do that are still earlier on in the game, don't spoil ANYTHING! You will thank me later. :)

Busaiku

Orbitars are easily the worst weapons ever.
How do you people stand them.

Almost every time I became Pit in the last hour or so, I got those stupid Orbitars and ended up losing in like 2 seconds.

Neiteio

Chapter
was awesome story-wise but gameplay wise it was a bit dissapointing. I was glad to see the return of
Magnus, though his style made me really appreciate how Pit plays and the level of depth is weapons and powers provide. That said, I still think that a side-game perspective from the humans and Magnus would be awesome

Whatever you people do that are still earlier on in the game, don't spoil ANYTHING! You will thank me later. :)
It really clicked for me when I replayed it: Magnus' charge attack is a nifty kick/dodge of sorts, and his fighting style forces you to get up close and OTG (to use a Mahvel term) your opponent. Possessed Pit is one of the more challenging bosses, imo, until you manage to get in close and start wailing on him.

Orbitars are easily the worst weapons ever.
How do you people stand them.

Almost every time I became Pit in the last hour or so, I got those stupid Orbitars and ended up losing in like 2 seconds.
I haven't experimented with them much, but the Fairies and the Egyptian Eyeballs (whatever those two weapons were called) served me well in Solo. I like the way Pit spins when he does a side dash attack with them.

Busaiku

They're fine in the air, but on land they're a disaster for me.
They do no damage and slow me down.

Palms have about the same range, do more damage, and movement isn't hindered.

Pit twirling around is cool, but that's not good enough for all the horrible stuff.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Just finished it and...

L3lKO.jpg

what a game. Last game to get me all gushy was No More Heroes in like 2008 or 2007. i need a cold shower

Reposting from last page,looks much better than the final game,and nice sakurai interview too.
Besides the resolution, not really.

Boogiepop

So wow, I feel stupid. Went through 14 twice to get the
chamber at the end
thinking I missed something blow up-able or something to
bring down the wall. Like a generator hidden something or somewhere.
Second time around I couldn't figure out what else to try and just
ran into the damn thing and it worked.

Wow do I feel stupid.

Top Bottom