• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Jintor

Fucking cocks, I've tried like five times to get the "Kill Dark Pit on Crit Mode" but I find it impossible to judge when he's taken enough punishment

Salih

just finished Chapter

WHY IS THE WRITING SO GOOD?!

Nintendogs reference literally had me rolling.

THIS GAME!™

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Done until chapter
20. The 18 is just poetry, with the unusual beginning where you are a little girl, then a dog. And this is where you explore what happened to everything. Then, you're Magnus. And while punching enemies back and forth, I start know the madness happened. Then, fight against myself. And so, flight assisted by...Viridi. You start thinking Palutena hasn't helped you for a reason, and then, flying to the ruins of Skyland, you see her...hating you and humans. Poetry. Spectacular, sad and emotive poetry. With a plot twist. Woah.

I played till that part even late in the night, because I felt it necessary to go on with the plot and the game itself. Yes, this game is THAT good.

guit3457

Ugh no

If people don't mind the frequency of posts about the controls in this thread, than no worries

10697719.jpg

Tom_Cody

Do yo need more attention? .... ¬¬

Ugh no

If people don't mind the frequency of posts about the controls in this thread, than no worries
Normal gaffers in your situation have just asked for advice in this thread and have had their control questions answered.

Instead you made a thread on this topic and you have gone on to antagonize those in that thread that are trying to give you constructive advice on control options. Your current post count in that thread as I'm typing this: 29.

Yes, you are an attention whore.

Jintor

It feels like there's more drive-by idiots in there going "HUR HUR NINTENDO FANS WILL DEFEND ANYTHING" than anything else :|

While trying to get achievements, I wish this game had a timer you could see. It would also encourage replay on all difficulties by competing for the fastest time on 9.0 (as an example). Additionally it would make it easier to keep track of time when you try to speed through a level. I made a great error when I had the option to skip the achievement for chapter 9. I used it up on the one that requires less than 35 minutes, than the one thats around 20 something.

I feel like I have gotten worse at those flight levels. I can handle the difficulty on ground much better than in the air. I kinda miss using a club since I could reflect the projectors, which made flying much easier on harder difficulties.

storafötter;36493520 said:
While trying to get achievements, I wish this game had a timer you could see. It would also encourage replay on all difficulties by competing for the fastest time on 9.0 (as an example). Additionally it would make it easier to keep track of time when you try to speed through a level. I made a great error when I had the option to skip the achievement for chapter 9. I used it up on the one that requires less than 35 minutes, than the one thats around 20 something.

I feel like I have gotten worse at those flight levels. I can handle the difficulty on ground much better than in the air. I kinda miss using a club since I could reflect the projectors, which made flying much easier on harder difficulties.

I was thinking the saem thing last night.
Im usuing my phones timer, but yeah, they really needed to add it to the game.
BTW They count intros and loading screens.

Jintor

Question:

Does the weapon you are using factor into the weapon drops you get in single player?

I think I saw a help screen that said it was based on the level, with different levels likely to drop different kinds of items. Don't really see it in practice, but oh well.

I love how even when I want to take a "break" from the high intensity action that is this game I just end up using that time to fuse new weapons and listen to music I've unlocked. :p

gerudoman

I really love Sin and Punishment 2. As a rail shooter, how does this game compare (and I know there's more to this game than that).
They are really different. S&P2 is completely focused on getting high scores and constanty being dashing to avoid bullets and lazers in a screen full of them, while in Uprising score isn't really important and even in highest difficulties stages aren't as frenetic as the ones of S&P2.

I've to admit that at first I was really disappointed with Uprsing's on rails stages, specially after having played S&P2 recently to ease the waiting, but in a matter of hours I was totally used. First stages aren't really special, really.

Tom_Cody

I think I saw a help screen that said it was based on the level, with different levels likely to drop different kinds of items. Don't really see it in practice, but oh well.
Ok, that is probably it then. My weapon is more or less constant, but I have also more or less been playing through the same levels over and over again in order to bear higher intensities.

Mpl90

Chapter
21 and 22

DAT HORRIFIC MASTER PLAN OF HADES. Ah, and Viridi is so awesome as Pit's companion, especially with the Metr
Viridi: LALALALA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU, DIFFERENT GAMING UNIVERSES, LALALLA
So awesome. THIS GAME.

Yeah, we need a thread to talk about all the spoilers freely. Seriously.

Ragus

Banned
I'm currently at chapter
. When I read all those "OMG WTF" about chapter
, I'm scared it won't live up to my expectations.

It will, right?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Factoring the solo mode + online mode, this has to be the best handheld game I have ever played.

soooooogood.gif

Mpl90

I'm currently at chapter
. When I read all those "OMG WTF" about chapter
, I'm scared it won't live up to my expectations.

It will, right?

Prepare some huge portions of pop-corn, and be ready to cry for the awesomeness.

I really wondered what could possibly happen in chapter
that'd
be that amazing.

I set my expectations to the most extreme I could imagine.
they weren't even close to what happened, dear god that chapter.

Played chapters 16-17 last night. This game is so good I just want to giggle while playing. I'm at the point where I like the controls, but they are uncomfortable. I'm left-handed using standard controls, btw.

The Aurum stuff is cool, but hasn't provided the same level of awesome as the air segment with the reset bomb and flying up to that factory.

Dark Pit's music is the best. We all agree, right? Right?! Also, the menu music is amazing.

WallJump

Banned
Beam%2520Claws.JPG

Just wanted to get my claws out there. I love them *snuggles claws*. I'm at
Chapter 15

I would love a bit more damage output but melee dash attack +3 lets me bring the pain to most enemies and bosses- does something like 120 damage and I can repeat it several times to kill big guys and bosses fast. Also the normal fire range on these things is like 47m! DAT RAPID FIRE too. Petrify is just icing on the cake. I wish it was freezing instead because petrified enemies take only half damage.

The only thing I don't like about the rapid fire, especially in flight mode is that you've really got to keep the stylus trained on what you're killing until it is dead. It's very easy to take an entire mob down to half-life without actually killing anything (then get wrecked by mob attacks) if you're not careful in target selection, and in flight battles they can be moving pretty fast.

So I just made it to Chapter 9. I really haven't been progressing smoothly because I just love replaying the earlier levels. I already know how many chapters
there are 25 I think?
, but I've been completely kept in the dark with the story. Which is great, as the writing and scenario script is awesome stuff.

The prices on those weapons in the shop are just outrageous. You're better off just playing online and hoping to get rare weapons from there. Also fusing.

Also
the chapter with the Reapers on anything above level 7 is just ridiculous. The Reapers deal so much damage and your Health Recovery power does very little to help you

But the difficulty is what keeps me coming back!

Anyone know about booster packs for cards? I gotta feed my collection addiction.

WallJump

Banned
Also
the chapter with the Reapers on anything above level 7 is just ridiculous. The Reapers deal so much damage and your Health Recovery power does very little to help you

I don't believe you are ever forced to engage any Reapers. Palutena tells you in the beginning of the level to stay out of their line of sight (helpful red line is there too) and they won't attack you. There's a room toward the end shaped like a horseshoe with some boxes you have to bust to get out of the room- that one, it can be a little tricky not to get spotted. But in most cases you can just ignore them.

I have been doing the same as you though- replaying the earlier levels over and over again because THIS GAME. But I have noticed that you get much better rewards for playing on later levels than earlier ones at the same intensity, so that has helped motivate me to actually advance the story.

Neiteio

^^^ I bet Transparency could help with Reapers at higher intensities on Chapter 4. :)

Man, I wish I was playing this game right now. Sooooooooo fun. I completed my second run through Solo last night. Final battle feels even more epic the second time around, and is exhausting at 8.0; wound up dying multiple times so that I finished at 5.0. Do the
tornado attacks
appear on all difficulties?

Having gone through the game twice, using different weapons each chapter and aiming for higher intensities, I can definitely say I love all of the chapters, so picking favorites is hard... But I think some of them would include chapters
3 ("Heads of the Hewdraw"), 5 ("Pandora's Labyrinth of Deceit"), 7 ("The Seafloor Palace"), 11 ("Viridi, Goddess of Nature"), 13 ("The Lunar Sanctum"), 14 ("Lightning Battle"), 16 ("The Aurum Hive"), 18 ("The Ring of Chaos"), 21 ("The Chaos Vortex"), 22 ("Scorched Feathers") and 25 ("The War's End.")

So yeah, lol.

Busaiku

Wait, so I've been confusing Chapter 18 with Chapter 17.
I can understand the reactions for Chapter 17, but I honestly don't get what's up with you guys gushing over Chapter 18, I didn't think it was that great.

Neiteio

I can understand the reactions for Chapter 17, but I honestly don't get what's up with you guys gushing over Chapter 18, I didn't think it was that great.
It inverts all your expectations by that point, flips everything on its ear (including level structure: ground, then boss, then flight) and is just one shocking revelation after another (Pit's possessed?! Palutena is now an enemy of humanity?!), not to mention interesting and unexpected gameplay mix-ups (girl --> dog --> Magnus; Palutena and her army as enemies; Pit's possessed body as the boss). I also love the new enemy introduced (Juggernaut), the music, the look of the town under the overcast skies, and the rainy skies where Palutena hurls temples at you.
Instant classic.

Personally, I saw it as a huge turning point for the story, with
Pit's faith in Palutena, the gods and even himself being brought into question.

You also
get to play as Magnus.
'Nuff said.

Having just gone through Chapters 17 and 18 again on my second run I felt as if Chapter 17 was one of the weakest in the game, Chapter 18 was still top notch as far as i'm concerned.

Top Bottom