• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

What I want is a guide on where the Zodiac chambers are

Courtesy of GFAQs:

Ch.2 sagitarius bow: when palutana tells you about the treasure to your left(go do that if you want) go across the bridge and keep going untill you reach a flight of stairs going down. At the bottom of the staircase there is a wall covered by a tapestry. Walk through the tapestry covered wall to find the entrance.

Ch.4 Taurus arm: when you reach the room with a narrow walkway and pendulums, fall down and try not to attack the clobberskull. After dealing with the other enemies look at the holes in the ground. One of these holes should have a light coming from it. Jump into that hole to find the entrance.

Ch.6: Gemini orbitars: you might have to do this level a couple of times. This won't activate unless you fight pit underground. Once you finish fighting him, instead of taking the obvious way out, go the opposite direction and find a tunnel that leads you to the weapon. It's hard to miss it.

Ch.8 Cancer claws: once you get to the room with all the gold orbs in it, take the jump pad to the upper walkway. Once you deal with all the enemies here, don't go through the door. Instead follow the walkway away from the door until it splits into a path leading to a dead end. Walk off this platform and it will be really hard to miss the entrance.

Ch.10 Leo cannon: if you missed this one you didn't look very hard for it. After sinking the statue into the lava and hearing the banter between pit and palutana about the statue not budging, go through the door and hug the left wall and take a left. ITS RIGHT THERE, THEY DIDN'T EVEN TRY TO HIDE IT.

Ch.12 Virgo palm: there will be a point where you fight monsters(duh) however the game will give you two bomb items to do so. Once this fight is finished the games asks you to step on an elevator platform. Instead, walk the opposite direction and get on another elevator platform that wasn't there before. This platform will take you to the item.

Ch. 14 Libra Sponge: this one is easier then people make it. Once you get to the boss door and drink of the gods go the opposite direction to find a doorway covered with electricity. Get as close to the electricity as possible without touching it and then dodge through it taking no damage. Grab your item and dodge back through it again.

Ch.16 Scorpio staff: at one point you will find an ether ring for pit to use. Carry that with you for a couple rooms untill you find a hole the game tells you to fall down. As you float down aim for the opening in the wall with the zodiac symbol. It's pretty hard to miss it as in see it but it is kind of tricky to make it in.

Ch.18 Aries armor: when you see the suflee in the hot spring, don't chase it. Instead go left of the hotspring to find the entrance.

Ch.20 Capricorn club: when you are at the area that you need a key, explore a little to find some jail cells. Open them by stepping on the buttons. Fight the enemies and go into the last cell on the left. Hug the left wall and walk through the fake back wall to find a way to the entrance.

Ch.23 Aquarius sword: once you get to a section where you have to take a grind rail and if you don't jump to another rail you fall, ride the rail, change rails, land on the platform and turn around. Get back on that same rail and don't change rails. Follow this path to the entrance.

Ch.24 Pisces heal right before going down a huge flight of curving stairs in order to start the trails, turn around. Follow this path to the entrance and to start some banter.

A little more help for chapter 16's:

Partway down there will be an orb on the wall you can shoot to make a transparent floor appear below you. When you land on that, you can drive right through the door. I found it pretty easy, sounds like the guy above floated through it without the floor which is needlessly complex.

What is meant to make Palms decent again? Cause I really really can't use em well.

I've got a pretty solid needle palm, generally it works well at mid range by hammering foes with the quick projectiles (as such having some sort of status effect works well), in a way I find it a pretty basic weapon that's a jack of all trades.

Neiteio

wow, 3 out of my 5 idol tosses was
Pyrrhon, Aurum Pyrrhon, and the Immortal Phoenix

I got pretty lucky haha.
Wow, awesome luck! Of those, I'm only missing
Aurum Pyrrhon
. I'm glad to know he has an idol, though given the fact far more minor aspects of the game have idols, I guess I'm not surprised. Personally, my favorites so far are (end-game spoiler)
Hades (Battle), which has him wearing his rainbow armor in flight mode
. Other favorites are
Hades
Medusa vs. Hades
Medusa (Monster)
Three-Headed Hewdraw
That First Town
, and
That Burning Town
... So many!

Right now I'm hoping to get
Cragalanche
and
Dyntos
. I'm also wondering if there are idols for
statue Palutena
Pseudo-Palutena
, the various forms of the
Great Sacred Treasure
, and I also wonder if there are idols for the
severed torso and/or blue flame-head forms of Hades

UncleSporky said:
Ch.20 Capricorn club: when you are at the area that you need a key, explore a little to find some jail cells. Open them by stepping on the buttons. Fight the enemies and go into the last cell on the left. Hug the left wall and walk through the fake back wall to find a way to the entrance.
AH! I was trying to figure out how to get in there! I thought I even checked for that... Damn!

Poyunch

Just got a Tempura Attack power that has a chance to turn enemies into tempura after a hit and it has an ammunition of 4. Online is going to be much more hilarious now.

Ragus

Banned
Chapter
:

Hahahahaha, Palutena's
glasses=swag
Do you think I could safely make myself an avatar of her with
glasses
?

mollipen

If I'm on chapter 5 and really, really not liking the on the ground levels, is there anything coming further in the game that's going to make me chance my opinion?

Poyunch

Hot damm thats cool.

soo tht's a one hit kill then? Can you eat them?

The effect works just like the Eggplant item that drops randomly in levels. For a brief time the affected player can't attack or dodge. The effect is shorter than that Eggplant item though. That's probably fair.

Chapter
:

Hahahahaha, Palutena's
glasses=swag
Do you think I could safely make myself an avatar of her with
glasses
?
Better ask DoomXploder7. It used to be one of his old avatars.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
If I'm on chapter 5 and really, really not liking the on the ground levels, is there anything coming further in the game that's going to make me chance my opinion?

No. If anything, your opinion of them as the game gets further along is going to get much worse.

If you aren't feeling the ground levels now for whatever reason, you should probably just stick to with a low intensity just to breeze through them. But you know, that would mess up the Air Battle sections as well.

StAidan

So, I'm having a problem with my 3DS that could be just a coincidence, but the timing corresponds exactly to my acquiring KI:U.

Seems like about 75% of the time now, my 3DS won't go entirely to sleep when I close the lid while sitting at the main OS dashboard. By "entirely," I mean the screens turn off, but I can still hear the ambient tinkling sounds from the speakers, and if the console is not plugged in then the battery runs down just as if it were fully powered on.

This happens with no games running in the background, so I'm wondering if the newly-installed KI:U SpotPass extension is causing this. But I don't really know anything about how those extensions work, so....

Any chance anyone else has noticed this problem?

Quick question, I have 1 3ds that my girlfriend also uses. She has her own mii and such on it. Can she create her own profile with her own mii on a different save slot than mine?

So, I'm having a problem with my 3DS that could be just a coincidence, but the timing corresponds exactly to my acquiring KI:U.

Seems like about 75% of the time now, my 3DS won't go entirely to sleep when I close the lid while sitting at the main OS dashboard. By "entirely," I mean the screens turn off, but I can still hear the ambient tinkling sounds from the speakers, and if the console is not plugged in then the battery runs down just as if it were fully powered on.

This happens with no games running in the background, so I'm wondering if the newly-installed KI:U SpotPass extension is causing this. But I don't really know anything about how those extensions work, so....

Any chance anyone else has noticed this problem?
Are you in the multiplayer menues when you put it into sleep? I noticed one time I put my 3DS to sleep in the menues of multiplayer, while in the cradle to charge, and when I opened it up, the game was in the middle of a match.

StAidan

Are you in the multiplayer menues when you put it into sleep? I noticed one time I put my 3DS to sleep in the menues of multiplayer, while in the cradle to charge, and when I opened it up, the game was in the middle of a match.

No, I thought maybe that was it at first but I made sure I had absolutely nothing open (hit the 3DS Home button, then tap "Close" in the lower-left corner), and it still keeps happening.

I would guess the OS dashboard is that little menu you see when you turn on the system.

I don't know what the problem is, but if it's "75%" of the time that it's doing that then I'd just play around with it some more and if the problem persists later and it bothers me, I'd contact Nintendo Customer Service.

Edit: Late. lol

Korosenai

ummm, wow. Ch.
is amazing.

Oh hey cool a little girl. Wait, pit is the ring? I now control the girl? wut? Ok, she drops the ring and now i'm a dog. cool. Oh hey is that Magnus? Wait, now i'm Magnus? Did he just say it's been 3 years? wat?!

That's pretty much what went through my mind.

Jarsonot

Awesome new weapon for me:

Beam Claws
Overall defense +3
Speed +3
Side-dash ch. shot +2
Standing cont. fire +1
Recovery effect +1
Dash cont. fire -1
Ranged 5 stars
Melter 2.5
Value: 315

That +3 speed is killer. I like to super armor up & autoreticle, then run in and destroy people =)

Izayoi

Banned
Character spoiler, the best Palm in the game is the
Viridi Palm
because of its crazy homing and amazing charge shot. Range is a little short, but throw a couple speed powerups in the mix and you'll be a LvD god.

Korosenai

Viridi Palm
because of its crazy homing and amazing charge shot. Range is a little short, but throw a couple speed powerups in the mix and you'll be a LvD god.
This sounds interesting. Time to see if I can get it in a good weapon fuse.

Neiteio

Viridi Palm
I have a near-300
Viridi
Palm with +3 speed and this, coupled with Transparency 4, has me wrecking everyone's shit in Light vs. Dark, routinely netting me 2,000 points per round. I'm usually the one who kills the angel when I use this setup. Works fantastic.

Jarsonot

Man it'd be badass if you could record yourself playing and save it/ send it to friends. I'd love to see some 9.0 intensity recordings, and multiplayer as well.

Maybe in the next game! Do it Sakurai!

Darryl

Banned
i love the flying sections, they feel like rollercoasters. any games similar to this?

haven't played many rail shooters that feel like this

Giolon

I actually started liking the ground sections more as the game went on because I got better at the controls. I look forward to them more than the air sections now. Once you've got the mechanics of moving, dodging, and aiming down, they became quite a lot of fun to discover the best tactics against each enemy type.

Busaiku

Yeah, I like the Land Battles more now as well, mainly because I can actually use my powers and whatnot.
And dodging in the Air Battles is like impossible for me.

Dreweyes

So does anyone know the highest rated weapon so far?
Perhaps a fusion recipe for a good one?
Fusing gems has put out some pretty nice weapons.
Can't really figure out which skills are the best for weapons.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Just beat the boss in chapter
: the particles coming from the giant egg... Best use of 3D I have ever seen :)))

I found this interesting, Kid Icarus PAX East tournament rules:

Kid Icarus: Uprising - Teams will be put together to play rounds of Light vs Dark BUT the highest score moves on, not the winning team. Assuming 72 participants, 12 will move on to the final round where everyone will play 3 rounds of Light vs Dark in random match ups. Those 3 scores will be added up to determine the overall tourney winner!

Banned Powers
• Libra Sponge
• Pisces Heal
• Trade Off

Banned Weapons
• Magnus Club

Perhaps this is just reactionary and these things aren't really that OP, but maybe I should invest in a Magnus Club...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
i love the flying sections, they feel like rollercoasters. any games similar to this?

haven't played many rail shooters that feel like this

Sin & Punishment 2 is literally exactly the same as the flight sections of Uprising. It too is an incredible game.

Top Bottom