• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Hale-XF11

Man, I love it so much when I unlock a new multi-player arena in treasure hunt. Even after over 20 hours of playing this game, I'm still unlocking awesome stuff.

Korosenai

Should I do it?

scaled.php

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Not surprising that Pisces Heal would be banned. I've abused the mess out of it in LvD and always came out roses when I should've been dead. Very, very helpful if you're playing against Club users.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
getting up close with melee weapons is definitely the go to strat right now, but that means you can really make a name for yourself with a good support weapon like an ancient staff or a brutal homing weapon with a nasty effect attached. Just remember to keep back and yet still follow your melee friends into battle.

Busaiku

I found this interesting, Kid Icarus PAX East tournament rules:

Perhaps this is just reactionary and these things aren't really that OP, but maybe I should invest in a Magnus Club...

Beyond the banned stuff (which is already incredibly stupid), people moving on on the basis of scores is also really stupid.
Kills net you more points than anything, so if your teammates weaken someone, but you get the kill for only 1 hit, you'll get the most points every time.

Korosenai

DON'T DO IT
You'll kill all of us in multiplayer

I did it.

It does 224 melee damage and a forwards charged shot does 203. The only problem is you have to be real close to do damage (10 meters), so i'll definitely be using transparency and lightweight.

sfried

If I'm on chapter 5 and really, really not liking the on the ground levels, is there anything coming further in the game that's going to make me chance my opinion?
Go to the option screen and tweak the setting (setting reticule speed on high and cursor inertia on high/stopping speed slower seems to do the trick). Also turn off auto reticule and other aim assist. Although I will say the ground levels will get...much varied later on.

Yeah, your natural inclination as a gamer who is used to typical camera controls is "no way in hell do I want the camera to keep moving when I flick it, I want it to stop exactly where I turn it to!" but that's really not very good for this game. The flick -> stop motion needs to become second nature. It's really not very hard to start the camera spinning and stop it where you want it to, hence the slower reticle stopping speed.

By the end of this weekend, this will have passed Mario Kart 7 and SSFIV to become my most played 3DS game according to the activity log... After only 1 week! o_O

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Multiplayer is the best part of the game.
Music is the best part of the game.
Insane amount of content for a shooter is the best part of the game.
Challenge wall is the best part of the game.
Giving hearts to the goddess is the best part of the game.
Magnus is the best part of the game.
Dialog is the best part of the game.
Absurd amount of weapons is the best part of the game.

Controls, I can deal with them.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Riddle me this, if controls are the worst part of the game. How is Multiplayer the best part of the game. Since it's purely based on the controls. :D

Prinny

I finished the game a few minutes ago, here is my highly detailed review:

Single Player- Awesome.
Multiplayer- Good, but not as fun as Mario Kart 7.

Finished the game last night. Easily the best nintendo game I've played in years.

"That chapter" really was incredible. Then again, everything after that point was incredible.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Riddle me this, if controls are the worst part of the game. How is Multiplayer the best part of the game. Since it's purely based on the controls. :D

Play any game long enough and you'll get used to shitty controls, and I don't think these controls are particularly bad; they just take practice.

I know people with a thousand hours in the MHP series and those controls suck ass compared to KI:U.

It's the experience that's fun. Now, I'm a fairly competitive person, but even after losing to my friends tons of times in LvD and FFA, I still have an absolute blast every time. No other multiplayer game has been the same way to me.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm

Graphics deserve a special mention. If the game wasn't what it is, people would certainly focus on how good it looks.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Play any game long enough and you'll get used to shitty controls, and I don't think these controls are particularly bad; they just take practice.

I know people with a thousand hours in the MHP series and those controls suck ass compared to KI:U.

Oh I know I was just wondering what you would say in response :p

I been playing the multiplayer on this almost as much as the single player. I think most people having issues with the turning are just playing to frantic and fast. all it takes is quick short movements of the stylus and your set.

Boogiepop

Played online for a bit. Was getting torn up, but then I tried sniping with the meteor bow and did surprisingly well. Amazingly people didn't seem attentive enough to really come after me.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Played online for a bit. Was getting torn up, but then I tried sniping with the meteor bow and did surprisingly well. Amazingly people didn't seem attentive enough to really come after me.

Meteor bow is probably one of the best weapons in the game on the bigger stages for light vs dark

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I feel cheap for knocking out the "Beat Chapter XX in under XX minutes" challenges on 0.0 intensity with a strong weapon. The weapon has a Speed +4 modifier, and I'm using powers that enhance my running. But it sure is efficient.

Top Bottom