• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Tuck

Chapter 15 spoilers...

Aliens? Tread carefully Sakurai, one step out of line and the story is ruined for me.

What is amazing is that sakurai have never made a shooting game before,and his staff are a bunch of rpg guys,then he made a game that some users consider better than a game made by treasure,shooter guys who have been making games like this for the last 20 years.

NeoRausch

What is amazing is that sakurai have never made a shooting game before,and his staff are a bunch of rpg guys,then he made a game that some users consider better than a game made by treasure,shooter guys who have been making games like this for the last 20 years.
Ah well but he also sleeps with almost every cool person of the industry in one bed.

dude is a fucking don. He knows people. He has the influances.

nah really, he can have some nice help all the time. Most of the time the ending scroll of his games reads like a Best Of of the gaming scene.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Uprising is awesome, but people are smokin' up big time if they think it aces Sin & Punishment 2. Treasure is the master of the arcade domain. Uprising is dope, but excels most in different areas.

Izayoi

Banned
going to try this. so far the controls and the dialog are the major flaws for me.
i can't stand the constant barrage of lame jokes. it gets grating.
Get out.

I finished the game a few minutes ago, here is my highly detailed review:

Single Player- Awesome.
Multiplayer- Good, but not as fun as Mario Kart 7.
Your avatar shows that you are a man of good taste, and have a trustworthy opinion.

Aliens? Tread carefully Sakurai, one step out of line and the story is ruined for me.
lol

it's okay, trust me

Meteor bow is probably one of the best weapons in the game on the bigger stages for light vs dark
I had a 5 star one and mixed it because I didn't know how special Meteor Bows are. Now I'm on a long, long quest to earn one back...
With +4 Freezing and +4 Walk Speed, aw yeah!

On another note, I got a score of 2500 in a LvD match - felt so good. I don't even know how I do so well with the Burning Palm, I feel like it shouldn't be performing as well as it does. People can't dodge the homing charge shot for crap though, and I seem to rock everyone in melee.

Uprising is awesome, but people are smokin' up big time if they think it aces Sin & Punishment 2. Treasure is the master of the arcade domain. Uprising is dope, but excels most in different areas.

I think that the comparisons of Kid Icarus' flight segments being strictly compared to S&P2 are a little bit off base really.
The ones in Kid Icarus tend to put on a show if anything, an enjoyable one but really you spend most of the time just evading and shooting enemies with little variation, you may have a few obstacles or narrow passages to contend with but for the most part it's pretty standard, not saying it's at all bad just that it doesn't really explore too much. I'd say the real meat of uprising takes place on the ground and not just because you spend more time down there.

S&P2 is on an entire other level, sure you are still blasting enemies and evading attacks but it get tons of variety out of the similar playstyle with more depth to boot. Really though they aim for different approaches to a similar playstyle but i'd certainly give S&P2 the nod when it comes down to the on rails shooting.

Jintor

Someone had a post elaborating on the counter or clashing mechanic that takes place in melee v melee battles, anyone able to dredge it up?

That said, I think S&P2 could stand to follow KI in terms of presentation a little bit. Not too much (that much dialogue would probably be unwelcome in an S&P game), but things like
shooting monsters and all of a sudden being yanked back a mile because a nuclear bomb just went off.

A lot of S&P2's more dramatic moments like that were things like THIS MONSTER CAME OUT OF NOWHERE or THIS ROBOT KNOCKED OFF THIS BUILDING

That said, I think S&P2 could stand to follow KI in terms of presentation a little bit. Not too much (that much dialogue would probably be unwelcome in an S&P game), but things like
shooting monsters and all of a sudden being yanked back a mile because a nuclear bomb just went off.

A lot of S&P2's more dramatic moments like that were things like THIS MONSTER CAME OUT OF NOWHERE or THIS ROBOT KNOCKED OFF THIS BUILDING

I just sort of tuned out of whatever story was going on in S&P2 so yeah I guess it certainly could take some tips from uprising, the monster out of nowhere point is especially true, speaking of which I feel Uprising could have used a few more boss like enemies in flight sections.

Busaiku

Ok, so I think Aurum Palms are the best.
30+ range and they're super fast too.

Just need some higher attack on them and it is unstoppable.

For who have played this game,considering that it will run in the same engine,but have 2 instead of 30 characters on screen at the same time,and the backgrounds will be much smaller,you think smash bros 3ds can look on par with brawl on wii ?

For who have played this game,considering that it will run in the same engine,but have 2 instead of 30 characters on screen at the same time,and the backgrounds will be much smaller,you think smash bros 3ds can look on par with brawl on wii ?

It will look better and worse at the same time.

Worse models, better texture effects, more or less.

The Wii U game will be the one to really look at for graphic prowess.

My crusader blade from chapter 5 still trumps everything and I'm on
chapter 12
. The only weapon that might surpass it is a fusion of the crusader blade and another weapon and I'm not gonna risk it. At the same time I kinda want to change things up. I wish I could test out the weapon before committing to see exactly how it compares in the training room.

pretty much

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw a commercial for this game on a TV at my gym! It was my first time seeing a video game commercial in years, I think, though I barely watch TV. It was pretty good.

Tuck

Up to chapter... 16 or 17 I think.

This game.

Is so good.

*Though it is substantially less good with weapons that don't have continuous fire.Luckily, I got a weapon that does - so its smooth sailing.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It will look better and worse at the same time.

Worse models, better texture effects, more or less.

The Wii U game will be the one to really look at for graphic prowess.

This, basically. Poly count will be lower. Texture detail will be lower. Yet the game will deploy some shaders much easier than the Wii version did (or didn't).

Zebra

I just finished the story, and wow that was just a great gaming experience.

I have a question that I never quite figured out: What do the stars on the weapons mean? And what's the difference between hollow and whole stars?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

I have a question that I never quite figured out: What do the stars on the weapons mean? And what's the difference between hollow and whole stars?

Base damage of the weapon. half a star is 0.5 and full star is 1.

6 star is best rating in a single area so your goal is for a 10-12 star weapon with good abilities, ones that boost charge attacks as well.

They represent the strength of the weapon, on a scale of 1-6. A hollow star means 0.5 points.

Boogiepop

It's proving... difficult... to assemble Daybreak. I got it once, but apparently I died JUST as I was picking up the last little bit, so it didn't count on the board. Bleh.

Cranzor

I really want this game but I am a lefty and I cannot find the circle pad pro anywhere. Hope you guys are enjoying it. :(

Top Bottom