• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Boogiepop

I really want this game but I am a lefty and I cannot find the circle pad pro anywhere. Hope you guys are enjoying it. :(

If you want it you can order it from Nintendo directly. Also, I'm doing just fine without it as a lefty, so don't feel like you need it to enjoy the game.

Croc

Banned
I really want this game but I am a lefty and I cannot find the circle pad pro anywhere. Hope you guys are enjoying it. :(

For the record, I'm a lefty and don't have a CPP and I have no problems. People act like this game is impossible if you're left handed but I seriously don't think that's the case.

Korosenai

*shrug* I never had issues vs people that used those. Blades are my bane as a bow user

Yea everytime I use mine and someone has a bow they destroy me. Especially on that one big open map with the floating island in the middle.

EDIT: gg's guys, it was a lot of fun. I've gotta go and do some accounting homework now.

It's proving... difficult... to assemble Daybreak. I got it once, but apparently I died JUST as I was picking up the last little bit, so it didn't count on the board. Bleh.

Play with easy bots (or a single one), set the time limit for 5 minutes or above, and you're golden.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I know this is going to sond cowardly and exploitive, but if you're ever in LvD and you see someone not moving at all, kill him last to make him Pit/Dark Pit and then proceed to farm or get an easy victory.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I know this is going to sond cowardly and exploitive, but if you're ever in LvD and you see someone not moving at all, kill him last to make him Pit/Dark Pit and then proceed to farm or get an easy victory.

I do this all the time, or even in free for all I'll hunt them down. Sure it's scummy but meh what ever.

Cranzor

If you want it you can order it from Nintendo directly. Also, I'm doing just fine without it as a lefty, so don't feel like you need it to enjoy the game.

I think Nintendo ran out of them too.

For the record, I'm a lefty and don't have a CPP and I have no problems. People act like this game is impossible if you're left handed but I seriously don't think that's the case.

You guys both aren't having problems, it seems. It doesn't feel awkward or anything? I might just go ahead and buy it.

Wiz

Just got done with the first 5 levels, and I gotta say this game is very impressive. The ground controls will take some more getting used to for me, but literally everything else about this game is well done.

Also tried a match online, and had no idea what was going on lol. Very frantic.

Thoraxes

For CCPro people, the Gamestops in my area said that all stores in the midwest are getting new shipments in early April.

YMMV obviously, but he did check shipping schedules at any rate.

Croc

Banned

You guys both aren't having problems, it seems. It doesn't feel awkward or anything? I might just go ahead and buy it.

It was only awkward at the very beginning getting used to using ABXY as a sort of analog control. But that's the same time when it's awkward for anyone, left or right handed, so it was really nothing out of the ordinary I imagine.

massoluk

Banned
Well, GG.

I just saw someone exploit the multiplayer. He was flying through wall at lightspeed, running around until the time run out.

Cranzor

It was only awkward at the very beginning getting used to using ABXY as a sort of analog control. But that's the same time when it's awkward for anyone, left or right handed, so it was really nothing out of the ordinary I imagine.

Wait, I'm confused. Are you using the control option where you use a stylus or are you playing without it?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really not feeling the feedback you get from killing enemies, particularly on-foot. It's like a series of really poorly gated action rooms with god damn arrows on the wall pointing me in the right direction. The design here seems kind of abysmal. I'm getting new weapons, but because killing enemies is such a vague, unsatisfying task, it's hard to really work out why I need the new weapons in the first place. Im only on level four, maybe it gets much better. This is very disappointing.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I see why clubs are used a lot online. I won a good one after a great LvD match, and I decided to give it a go. I started getting 1000+ scores every other game, with even a 2000+ thrown in a couple of times. I think part of it might have been attributed to my power setup, which is very offense oriented. I'm still not the biggest fan of using clubs, but I do have a new found respect for them.

By the way, does anyone know what the Weakening attribute on a weapon does? Is it as literal as it sounds, or is there something else to it?

Boogiepop

Just a little at the beginning, but honestly the way the controls are set up the ABXY didn't feel much worse than the stick (I couldn't aim in righty mode, but I wanted to try the pad to see if I needed to buy the CCP). After a few hours it became absolutely fluid, and I haven't thought about it since.

Also, up through 18 on my second time around. I think after I do this I'll start aiming to fill in the first board 100%, and then go from there.

massoluk

Banned
Or lag. I saw someone standing outside the map once. Was just there, floating in midair. Then I shot at him and suddenly he was behind me.

Well, I certainly hopes that's the case. I swear I was in two games with people who are moving like the Flash.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I see why clubs are used a lot online. I won a good one after a great LvD match, and I decided to give it a go. I started getting 1000+ scores every other game, with even a 2000+ thrown in a couple of times. I think part of it might have been attributed to my power setup, which is very offense oriented. I'm still not the biggest fan of using clubs, but I do have a new found respect for them.

By the way, does anyone know what the Weakening attribute on a weapon does? Is it as literal as it sounds, or is there something else to it?

Slows them down, I think. It's pretty boss.

KevinCow

Banned
I encountered a weird online glitch a couple of times where I died, then just didn't respawn. And the same happened to everyone, until there was only one dude left. I was just a floating camera that I could aim around, watching this one guy run around an empty map until it finally decided to respawn us.

Anyone else ever encounter this?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Well, I certainly hopes that's the case. I swear I was in two games with people who are moving like the Flash.

There's a power that lets you run incredibly fast, too. I'm sure people using that power in combination with Claws are going move ridiculously fast.

As a matter of fact, I made Brawler Claws with +4 Speed just a moment ago and tested it out and I was moving almost too fast. I would have kept em but I needed the +4 speed to transfer to my pimpcane staff.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I encountered a weird online glitch a couple of times where I died, then just didn't respawn. And the same happened to everyone, until there was only one dude left. I was just a floating camera that I could aim around, watching this one guy run around an empty map until it finally decided to respawn us.

Anyone else ever encounter this?

I have, I think it's a lag issue.

massoluk

Banned
There's a power that lets you run incredibly fast, too. I'm sure people using that power in combination with Claws are going move ridiculously fast.

As a matter of fact, I made Brawler Claws with +4 Speed just a moment ago and tested it out and I was moving almost too fast. I would have kept em but I needed the +4 speed to transfer to my pimpcane staff.

But this guy flied and went through wall.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
But this guy flied and went through wall.
What I meant was it could be a combination of lag and one of the speed or angelic missile powers. I should have made that clear before.

I don't think we have to worry about hacks for a while (hopefully). And it would be weird for this to game to have hackers only a week in when there haven't been any apparent ones in Revelations or Mario Kart 7.

I have Brawler Claws with +4 speed, too. In conjuction with the Lightweight/Super Speed Powers, you go almost uncontrollably fast. That's how I got the reward for finishing Chapter 1 in under four minutes.

Awesome avatar, BTW. It's great to see a fellow Regular Show fan on GAF :D

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The problem I have with this game is that I spend more time Weapon fusing than I actually do using my weapons. :( It's Persona 4 all over again.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I have Brawler Claws with +4 speed, too. In conjuction with the Lightweight/Super Speed Powers, you go almost uncontrollably fast. That's how I got the reward for finishing Chapter 1 in under four minutes.

Awesome avatar, BTW. It's great to see a fellow Regular Show fan on GAF :D

Haha, thanks man.

Riposte

Online appears to be a complete clusterfuck to me. Also it seems like there is no downside from having better gear in free for all.

Riposte

The controls are manage able in single player, but in multiplayer not being able to move/dodge while cycling through special items is quite a flaw. Also the screen is too small and it is simply hard to get a good read on what is happening and who is around you.

Apdiddy

Finally got my copy from Amazon (stupid me for ordering other games along with it) but the pre-order was suppose to include 3D Classics: Kid Icarus. I've yet to get a download code....I guess I need to contact Amazon.com about this, right? Unless the game isn't out yet in North America 3DS eShop.

Top Bottom