• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Should I buy this? My favorite two weapon times are Staves and Claws, but the stats are good and I can afford it (I assume it may be useful for fusing). Is there any point in hoarding money?

0e9f6822.jpg

KevinCow

Banned
Wow. This game has barely been out a week and it's already my most played 3DS game.

I'm not sure how my total game time is 32 hours while my play time is 20 hours. I haven't really spent 12 hours messing around in menus and fusing stuff, have I?

mAcOdIn

I have some great news for you.
Just switch the R and L button functions to switch the RZ and LZ functions.
By changing R to attack, the CPP sets LZ to Attack.
Hmm, I'd like to try that, the CCP does change the shape of the shoulders, man, I wish I could hold one in person.

KarmaCow

Just beat Chapter
21 and that chapter pretty much sums the game for me. The air battle part was tense and visually stunning, while the ground stuff was a bland wave based circular map with annoying enemies that like to zip around. Not all the ground based stuff is awful as that level, but I'm always disappointed when Pit goes to land.

Have you reached the final chapter yet? If not then major spoilers:

You can't choose your weapon. For the final battle, you use the ultimate weapon.

Are you sure? I haven't got to the final level
but if it's like Chapter 9, cant you just hit the helmet icon to not use the ultimate weapon?

WhyMe6

Me: Man this game is great, fantastic graphics, I got the handle of the controls, a lot of secrets and a nice soundtrack... I will play it later with headphones, so I can hear it better:

Yet another quality aspect of this game that is necessary in all 3DS games: the ability to push sound volume beyond 100% in the options screen. 3DS games are way too quiet.

I am still upset about the no AR cards for sale thing

Wow. This game has barely been out a week and it's already my most played 3DS game.

I'm not sure how my total game time is 32 hours while my play time is 20 hours. I haven't really spent 12 hours messing around in menus and fusing stuff, have I?

just passed Zelda with 48 hours

Neiteio

Listening to the Chapter 6 flight theme, I just very, very, very belatedly realized the neat imagery suggested by the name "Dark Pit." (Namely, a hole in the ground leading down into darkness.)

Dr.Hadji

I love Spiting people when I'm at low health, just to deny them the kill. I sometimes use it in conjuctuon with Play Dead, just to confuse my enemies to death.

You earn 7 000 000 000 respect points for you avatar, by the way. We should hang out sometime.

Even though Raichu is my fav fav. I feel Scrafty more closely mimics my quasi- gansta lifestyle (lol). Even got a Sraggy plushy sitting right next to computer as I type. I wonder, what weapon + items combo in KI is the most Scrafty?

Even though Raichu is my fav fav. I feel Scrafty more closely mimics my quasi- gansta lifestyle (lol). Even got a Sraggy plushy sitting right next to computer as I type. I wonder, what weapon + items combo in KI is the most Scrafty?

Brawler Claws and Black Hole to mimic the Dark/Fighting type.

Hit me up for some LvD/FFA sometime. My FC is 4167 4489 6962.

I want a Scraggy/Scrafty plushie so bad T_T

Holy shit people weren't kidding about chapter 5. Loving the game so far, the amount of content and polish is really impressive.

I only played very little of the original (in the form of 3D Classics), which I found frustratingly unforgiving. But I have really enjoyed seeing references to it in my playtime of Uprising so far, which makes me tempted to stop playing Uprising and try to muster the patience to play through the original first so that I can "get" all the references to it in Uprising.

Haven't tried multiplayer yet.

This game. Jesus Christ, this game. I don't know where to begin.

Okay, so initially I didn't really care much about it aside from it being from Sakurai's team and such. Only recently I started to pay attention to it, and reading up about it in the past few days, I started to become gradually excited.

I also got my launch Vita and was pretty impressed by it, along the line.

After reading a lot about it and browsing a lot of media, I thought, well damn, this looks good, though I'm not one to buy into hype too much. It rarely pays off.

With some difficulty I found a copy of it today (usually I order from Amazon but lolnocopies unless from third-party sellers).

I plunked it into the 3DS cartridge slot, expecting it to be fun, but not so much, because of the impressions of the controls posted everywhere.

Holy shit. Suddenly I didn't care about Uncharted on a handheld any longer - this game is the full package. I quickly got accustomed to the controls, though I admit, they do cramp my hands after a bit. This is like the child of Sin & Punishment 2 and Smash Bros. The gameplay is fast and fun, the difficulty is however difficult you want it to be, the music is amazing, the graphics are colourful, vibrant, and smooth. The DIALOGUE. Oh man, I know it's not Pulitzer-prize level writing, but it suits the universe so well. It adds tremendously to the game, and it's easily the best in-game banter I've heard since Portal 2. Humorous, self-referential, and serious when it needs to be.

Replay value is endless. I haven't even touched the multiplayer yet, but damn. This is easily my favourite 3DS game already, and I've only had it for a few hours. So much to do, so much to collect, weapon combinations, and the ability to just play it the way you want to. Thoroughly impressed. If you're on the fence about getting this, don't be. This is one of the few times I believe the hype has delivered for me. Enormously entertaining. So glad I took the fairly hectic drive to get it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've been on the same team before as someone in the same room as me.

Needless to say the extra bit of coordination including picking abilities and weapons means we won about twenty games in a row.

Neiteio

Just got an idol for
the Great Sacred Treasure (Pursuit)
. This must mean each of its forms has its own idol. Awesome.

Croc

Banned
Skyscraper Club is the only club I like, but it's by far my favorite weapon. It is just SO ridiculously strong up close. IMO its the only club whose slow RoF and slow melee is worth the crazy strength boost.

Boogiepop

Just finished running through the game for a second time and grabbed all the Zodiac chambers. Now to work on the Treasure Hunt by aiming for things directly. Also, though I've now learned to air dodge, I just can't really stand not shooting stuff, so I think that'll be a trick that's just to check off the boxes.

Also, I feel really lucky that I got happened to beat both
Aurom Pyrron
and
Dark Pit
in Crisis mode by pure chance.

Oh, and how exactly do gems work? I'm a little intimidated by them and don't really want to mess with them, but it looks like several of the things are for them. Do you lose a weapon you convert into a gem or one that you streetpass?

Edit: Also, my completion rate is now above 90%! Yay!

How do I get the
Viridi
Claws? I love the Palms version, so I'm eager to try the Claws. :)
I believe you have to clear Chapter 22 without dying, on 5.0 or higher difficulty.

Just got an idol for
the Great Sacred Treasure (Pursuit)
. This must mean each of its forms has its own idol. Awesome.
Yeah, I already have a few forms of it, from various stuff on Hades's board. Right now I have both Pursuit and Mech Armor modes (the second one I got by using a feather on Hades's Board on the square for clearing Boss Battle mode on Hard). I also recently got a treasure for the Dog in Chapter 18 by converting 100 weapons to hearts.

Neiteio

I believe you have to clear Chapter 22 without dying, on 5.0 or higher difficulty.

Yeah, I already have a few forms of it, from various stuff on Hades's board. Right now I have both Pursuit and Mech Armor modes (the second one I got by using a feather on Hades's Board on the square for clearing Boss Battle mode on Hard). I also recently got a treasure for the Dog in Chapter 18 by converting 100 weapons to hearts.
Awesome. Can you check your
Hades
board and see if the Boss Rush on Hard one was
Mech or Pursuit
?

Korosenai

I just beat Ch.

This game just gets better and better. I don't know how Sakurai did it, but it's just amazing. I've been taking my time with the single player because it's so awesome. I'm probably gonna start playing my last missions once a day to savor the moments.

olimpia84

Should I buy this? My favorite two weapon times are Staves and Claws, but the stats are good and I can afford it (I assume it may be useful for fusing). Is there any point in hoarding money?

0e9f6822.jpg

Looks very good to me. The range stars will help a lot since it's a club and the poison and speed bonuses are really nice.

Top Bottom