• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Korosenai

Which should I go for?

apxrwgccqae4d52.jpg

possible spoilers with this one - http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/8964/apxrztdcqaaew2m.jpg

Neiteio

When do they announce the Platinum and Gold level prizes for NOA Club Nintendo? Maybe they'll be something Kid Icarus-related.

Currently doing 0.0 speed runs on levels where I've yet to unlock the main chapter music. So much fun just one-hit killing most enemies. :)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Went back to try out some tougher intensity. Seems like there's a big jump from 8.0 to 9.0 in terms of damage you can take and damage it takes to destroy enemies. Will be fun to do my 9.0 run with slightly stronger weapons.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I think my best weapon right now is this Cursed Palm.

Value is only 240. Melee 1.5 stars, Melee Defense +1, poison +1, walking speed +2, evasion +1, heart bonus +1.

The real kicker is the 4 star ranged attack. For some reason the cursed palm is just REALLY good at dishing out the damage.

Hale-XF11

Which should I go for?
I would personally go with the second one because of the better power stats and the fact that I prefer to shoot long range for the most part. That forward dash charge shot is a very nice thing to have, especially when coupled with the quick charge power.

Heh, I would hold out for other combo that will inherit speed, forward dash, and duration bonus of the claw.

Trust me; during the brief period in which I was a Bow user, I found myself getting destroyed whenever someone got up close and personal with me. I also since switched to Blades, so I'm a bit biased when it comes to Melee power.

DJMicLuv

Just started the game. It's a cracker.

The game itself is really addictive though, I'm trying to ration my gameplay on it so I don't burn through it too quickly. The AR stuff I haven't really played around with it yet, if it's cool I might end up keeping the cards.

Had a bunch of Nintendo Points so I popped on the EU club and ordered 24 packs of cards (12x2 packs for 250 points).

I wonder if packs will be sold outside the club soon? I'm not sure about collecting them, I'll probably split the packs and sell them on but I like the idea a lot.

Has anyone here got a hankering to collect them all? I'm not sure what the logistics would be at the moment, might be impossible but it's tempting.

The game itself is really addictive though, I'm trying to ration my gameplay on it so I don't burn through it too quickly. The AR stuff I haven't really played around with it yet, if it's cool I might end up keeping the cards.

Had a bunch of Nintendo Points so I popped on the EU club and ordered 24 packs of cards (12x2 packs for 250 points).

I wonder if packs will be sold outside the club soon? I'm not sure about collecting them, I'll probably split the packs and sell them on but I like the idea a lot.

Has anyone here got a hankering to collect them all? I'm not sure what the logistics would be at the moment, might be impossible but it's tempting.

I would give you 50 Bison Dollars for all those packs. I'm addicted to collecting Idols right now; it must be my Pokémon mentality kicking in.

Codeblue

Good stuff Codeblue, Yoshi, KirbyKid, Gospel, and whoever else I played.

Whenever we're on opposite teams I feel like you're the only person I'm ever running into. It's a grudge match every time we both run into each other in a deserted hallway and a showdown commences.

Value is only 240. Melee 1.5 stars, Melee Defense +1, poison +1, walking speed +2, evasion +1, heart bonus +1.

The real kicker is the 4 star ranged attack. For some reason the cursed palm is just REALLY good at dishing out the damage.

Cursed Palm is my weapon of choice as well. It seems to be one of the less popular palms but the homing charge shot, the homing on the bullets and the increased melee damage output all play toward my rushdown sensibilities. Missed it dearly when I decided to fuse it out for something "stronger"... and ended up fusing it back later on. :D

My first Cursed Palm had +2 shot range too. It was delicious.

Tuck

HOLY FUCK.

Chapter 17 spoilers.

Arum Brain. The level was so different from the norm. What a show. And Pyron - that was genuinely surprising. The conversations were amazing - the cast of characters is INCREDIBLE. Holy fuck what a rush!

Korosenai

I love my cursed palms. I got them the day the game came out and i've been using them ever since.

apxzwsycqaadnpt.jpg

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
HOLY FUCK.

Chapter 17 spoilers.

Arum Brain. The level was so different from the norm. What a show. And Pyron - that was genuinely surprising. The conversations were amazing - the cast of characters is INCREDIBLE. Holy fuck what a rush!

Oh man, you're going to love the next chapter.

I just want someone to post them all online so I can get the idols. :-X

Whenever we're on opposite teams I feel like you're the only person I'm ever running into. It's a grudge match every time we both run into each other in a deserted hallway and a showdown commences.

That's what it felt like between me and Trance last night. It seemed that every few seconds we were getting into epic melee clashes or stabbing each other in the back.

olimpia84

Can I expect that to translate to shit I fuse it with? That's really the only reason why I want it (Claws and Staves are my weapons of choice).

Unless you have another very high-value weapon to fuse it with then yes, it will probably turn into just an 'average' weapon. I say buy it and test it out in multiplayer, clubs can be devastating if used correctly. If you don't like it just wait out until you get another high value weapon that will allow you to create a claw or staff but just make sure to keep an eye on those stats so you don't lose them.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Chapter
was awesome in terms of level design..... And it's gonna be an absolute bitch to beat on the hardest difficulties.

backlot

I'm browsing the Club Nintendo shop right now. I've got my eye on a Classic Mario shirt, but I'm hesitant to buy anything in case they add any Kid Icarus- or Pokémon-related goodies in the near future (-_-;)

I'd say at least wait until they update the downloadable games for the month. If they don't add anything new by then just get the shirt. I wouldn't mind getting the Kid Icarus soundtrack though.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Just finished the game. I had a blast with this, though toward the end of the game I kept dying at anything greater than 3.5 difficulty. Yeah I know, I suck at shooters. >>;

But I really liked the story and characters, and fuck me the graphics were astounding. Between this and RE:R, I'm astounded by what this little machine can do.

Oh, and
Viridi is tsundere for Pit. No I don't have any actual evidence to support that, but I'm choosing to believe it anyway. If I had the time to draw a non-h doujin, it would center around that. XD

Insaniac

Tried my hand at actually trying to fuse something worthwhile using the guide. Was aiming for a decent bow, and transformed my 6star bow into this, which actually works better with the homing +1 and Shot range +1

FpbkVl.jpg

Neiteio

Idols... Can't stop... Can't stop collecting... Idols... Idolssssss.... Need more eggs... Must shake my 3DS in sleep mode... Must play more... Need idols... Eggs... Idolssssss...

Hale-XF11

Sweet, I finally beat all the chapters on 5.0 or higher
for the treasure that gave me 50,000 hearts
. I also got an
Aurum Bow
for defeating Aurum Pyrrhon
in Crisis mode
. Sweetness!

Doorman

Tried my hand at actually trying to fuse something worthwhile using the guide. Was aiming for a decent bow, and transformed my 6star bow into this, which actually works better with the homing +1 and Shot range +1

[Divine Bow]

It seems like some sort of prerequisite for my game that no divine bow will ever have less than three stars of melee power and no more than 1.5 in ranged. I've run into opportunities to fuse a bunch of them but never have because the spread I'd wind up with tends to feel useless.

I don't know, I still haven't figured out exactly which weapon is most "right" for me. When it comes to the multiplayer I kind of feel like I get my ass kicked no matter what.

Korosenai

Idols... Can't stop... Can't stop collecting... Idols... Idolssssss.... Need more eggs... Must shake my 3DS in sleep mode... Must play more... Need idols... Eggs... Idolssssss...

I'm the same way right now lol

I just can't seem to get eggs or coins fast enough

I'm really diggin' my Great Reaper Palm, it's not the highest rated (220? 230 maybe) but the slow reaper it shoots seems to fuck up alot of people. It also has great homing but not alot of damage output.....but people seem to panic at its slow approach haha :)

Korosenai

I'm really diggin' my Great Reaper Palm, it's not the highest rated (220? 230 maybe) but the slow reaper it shoots seems to fuck up alot of people. It also has great homing but not alot of damage output.....but people seem to panic at its slow approach haha :)

Everytime i see that reaper floating my way, I run and start dodging like crazy lol

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
at this point all the cards are rare :) you cannot buy them

but the card you speak of maybe the only thing that is Rare about it is the Idol only unlocks using that AR card and no way else in game?
It unlocks a different idol... which is just another Palutena animation that still doesn't let me look upskirt.

Echoes

I'm left-handed and would love to know how are you lefties doing with the game. In my experience, the controls are extremely annoying. With the frankenstick, I get to aim perfectly but movement is stupid (because we never get to move characters with right sticks, only camera, and I can't adjust to that). Without it, movement is perfect but aim is extremely poor (because I'm a leftie).

So... I can't find a way to actually have fun with the game. It's annoying either way, and nothing seems to fix my issue. But I'm interested in how other lefties are playing it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Chapter 10 is easily my least favourite so far. It just drags on for too long and the colour palette is very tiresome. On the other hand, the aerial battle section of it is reminiscent of StarFox 64.

Kunan

Played my first FFA online and came in third with a 173 value weapon and random loadout of skills lol. I was at just 100 less points than first place (1200->1073ish). Entire rest of the game were sporting 280-300 level weapons.

Felt pretty chuffed haha

NFreak

Holy fucking crap. This game is amazing. I'm with the others in this thread who think it's the best game of the year so far. I'm up to chapter
. This game just keeps on giving and giving. Here's what I've been using so far for most of the multiplayer mode as well as the majority of the single player when I'm not trying to complete the treasure hunt. The -2 defense kind of hurts it but I've been doing pretty well online so I'm not complaining. Also, anyone who has control issues with the game should definitely try using the stand if they haven't already.

PJqc7.jpg

Korosenai

About that Kid Icarus Uprising Cd on ebay, you can kind of justify the $70 price tag considering it costs 400 points on the japan website. You only get like 40 coins a game, so that would be a lot of money to make those 400 coins.

Riposte

Think I'm starting to be good at the multiplayer. Getting first place a lot and rarely dying when I don't. It seems having as little control as possible is the key, lol. Meteor Bow + Homing+2

-MB-

Anyone ever hit the power button in the thick of a fight?
Cuz this has happened to me 10 times over the course of playing this game.
I must have an awful hand coordination to do so. Especially nearing the end of a long hardfought chapter it's grating to lose all that progress.
Made all the worst that i'm still fighting the controls after 12 hours of play.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Great game. In all honesty I thought i'd be hit in the face by reality after the hype machine - that the game would be hailed as awesome and I'd end up hating it. Happily wrong - really fun, really addictive. Love the weapon crafting. I hit level 3 and haven't gone past, just replaying 1 and 2 over and over!

Just finished the game on intensity 4, cause I'm really bad at it, lol. :(

First thing I did was switch the menu back to viridi theme! Kinda wish you could somehow get a Hades theme too, that'd be funny.

Awesome game all the way through, didn't expect the final level to be one huge boss fight, unexpected and fun.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I guess that's one good thing about only being able to get Japanese games on my 3DS, always a smile.

This is the best multiplayer weapon I've got so far. It hits like a truck, but needs better stats. Like Confuse or Shaking.

XXIhc.jpg

Then this is what I use for single player.

yVMFv.jpg

Top Bottom