• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

My friend code: 2664-2416-2606

Lovin the single player so far. I'm a lefty but forced myself to just play right-handed. :/ Let me know if you add me!

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Since we're all using power weapons, I hope you guys don't mind if I upped the team Life bar to 1000 (it was at 900 when Sori was host)

maeda

How do I kill the boss in chapter
? Is he just a bullet sponge? Cause I can't kill him even on the 4th intensity. What am I doing wrong? Is there a specific "body" part I should be targeting?

olimpia84

Just finished the game. Overall an awesome experience and definitely a contender for my 2012 GOTY regardless of what other good games are released this year. So far the only candidate that might take the title from this game is BioShock Infinite but we'll see.

Anyways
I wasn't very impressed with the ending although there wasn't much else to 'wow' the player with after all those plots in the earlier chapters. Also, I really hated the final boss battle. I can't describe what bothered me about it but it was just so annoying to fight Hades over and over again and listening to him become stronger after the fact that you beat him several times (instead of him becoming weaker). Also, I didn't like the whole new Sacred Mech Weapon thing you use at the end (although I really liked Chapter 24 where you get the piece)...imo it should have been just Pit with the three original parts against Hades but oh well. Absolutely hated Chapter 23 as well, imo by far the worst in the game but other than that it was an epic experience overall and this is definitely one of the best handheld games ever made.

Now it's time to hit the multiplayer and fool around with fusing weapons and gems to see what I can create. That and completing the idols. And the treasure hunt. And the Power Portrait...damn, this game is packed with content...so goood.

Wow, there really does seem to be an idol for just about everything, even stuff you wouldn't think about/are easy to forget about. Just got one for
the Lunar Sanctum Control Center through an Idol Toss, that orb thing you have to destroy during the fight with Dark Pit there.

Also just got the Phoenix's Idol and it really is impressive looking.

maeda said:
How do I kill the boss in chapter
? Is he just a bullet sponge? Cause I can't kill him even on the 4th intensity. What am I doing wrong? Is there a specific "body" part I should be targeting?
Turn around--you should see some objects along the wall that you can attack. These are generating a force field that's protecting the boss. Destroy all of them first and the force field should be gone and you'll be able to hurt him.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
holy shit I just beat my first level 9 stage. First stage, beat twinbellows while in crisis mode. And the weapon loot I got wasn't even valued at 200 :(

SmithnCo

holy shit I just beat my first level 9 stage. First stage, beat twinbellows while in crisis mode. And the weapon loot I got wasn't even valued at 200 :(

That's unlucky, you usually get a good amount of 200-250 loot from that level.

Level 6 is also fairly easy on 9 too.

Boogiepop

Grr... I'm confused. I try to create a gem in the streetpass menu, and it does an animation where the weapon goes into a gem and it kicks me back to the streetpass menu, but then the weapon isn't in my gem case thing.

How do I make a gem? (I want to at least make a gem fusion and set up a gem for streetpass trading.)

Grr... I'm confused. I try to create a gem in the streetpass menu, and it does an animation where the weapon goes into a gem and it kicks me back to the streetpass menu, but then the weapon isn't in my gem case thing.

How do I make a gem? (I want to at least make a gem fusion and set up a gem for streetpass trading.)

As far as I understand it. Creating a gem is setting one up for Streetpass trading. The only gem's that go into your gem case are ones you receive from Spotpass or Streetpass.

You can't make a gem for yourself. Once made, a gem can only be given to and used by the people you StreetPass. You can create weapons from other people's gems in the View Gems menu. You can fuse these gems in the Fuse Gems menu.

PK Gaming

I just beat the final boss on the maximum intensity.

Geez, I feel incredible haha. Honestly

I always never truly appreciated how much of an awesome fight Hades was. The first time I beat him was at lvl 4, and I didn't really feel a sense of urgency. Lvl 9 on the other hand had my heart thumping throughout, ESPECIALLY AT THE END. Pit's cheesy last line is 100X more badass when you have a sliver of health left, and you're just struggling to hold on.I was thinking, never give up and never lose, over and over again... Most satisfying press of the R button EVER.

I. Love. This. Game.

Boogiepop

You can't make a gem for yourself. Once made, a gem can only be given to and used by the people you StreetPass. You can create weapons from other people's gems in the View Gems menu. You can fuse these gems in the Fuse Gems menu.

Ugh. Thanks. Yeah, I think the gem based parts of the Treasure Hunt may end up being a real issue.

I just beat the final boss on the maximum intensity.

Geez, I feel incredible haha. Honestly

I always never truly appreciated how much of an awesome fight Hades was. The first time I beat him was at lvl 4, and I didn't really feel a sense of urgency. Lvl 9 on the other hand had my heart thumping throughout, ESPECIALLY AT THE END. Pit's cheesy last line is 100X more badass when you have a sliver of health left, and you're just struggling to hold on.

I. Love. This. Game.

I know the feeling.
When I beat Hades on 9, I was struggling to hang on in the last few seconds of the fight, and was literally a millisecond away from getting vapourized by one of his eye lasers. The moment I pulled the trigger on that big friggin' gun, I loudly sighed in relief, even though I was on the subway. You should've seen the looks I got :D

Bullza2o

GG everyone. I apologize for being "afk" sometimes. My parents kept calling me during the matches :\ Our team lost because of me, sorry.

DISCONNECTED HNNNNNNNNNNNG CURSE YOU SHODDY UNIVERSITY INTERNET T_T

Better than my uni internet where I can't even connect my 3DS to. I have to use Connectify.

Added you. Also added Bullza20, RawkHawk, Codeblue, FloppyDeluxe.

My code: 2664-2416-2606.

Will add soon.

PK Gaming

I know the feeling.
When I beat Hades on 9, I was struggling to hang on in the last few seconds of the fight, and was literally a millisecond away from getting vapourized by one of his eye lasers. The moment I pulled the trigger on that big friggin' gun, I loudly sighed in relief, even though I was on the subway. You should've seen the looks I got :D

Hi 5 bro.

Haha they're blissfully unaware XD

Finally got my AR Cards from Club Nintendo.

Drill Arm
Great Reaper
Palutena (Rare)

Is it really rare though?

at this point all the cards are rare :) you cannot buy them

but the card you speak of maybe the only thing that is Rare about it is the Idol only unlocks using that AR card and no way else in game?

Bullza2o

I'm at a college for most of the week which doesn't work with (3)DS WiFi right, so I only have one thus far, and should get one tomorrow, and then I'll have to wait till next weekend for any more. :(

I just said this a couple of posts up, but you can use Connectify to share your Wi-Fi from your Windows 7 laptop.

Hi 5 bro.

Haha they're blissfully unaware XD

So far there are only 4 Chapters that my mighty Samurai Blade and I can't conquer on Level 9:
Chapter 24 because of dat Magnus and Gaol tag team, Chapter 17 because I'm physically incapable of doing certain segments of it, Chapter 23 because Hades Heart is a stupid little bugger, and Chapter 13 because it's
TOO. DANG. LONG.

Korosenai

at this point all the cards are rare :) you cannot buy them

but the card you speak of maybe the only thing that is Rare about it is the Idol only unlocks using that AR card and no way else in game?

http://club.nintendo.com.au/NOE/en_AU/club_nintendo/stars_catalogue_320.html

I hate you NOA

edit:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/club_nintendo/stars_catalogue_5823.html

http://www.nintendo.co.za/NOE/en_ZA/club_nintendo/stars_catalogue_5823.html

http://club.nintendo.jp/member/exec/entranceNaviPrivilege (KID ICARUS SOUNDTRACK!)

Looks very good to me. The range stars will help a lot since it's a club and the poison and speed bonuses are really nice.

Can I expect that to translate to shit I fuse it with? That's really the only reason why I want it (Claws and Staves are my weapons of choice).

SmithnCo

So far there are only 4 Chapters that my mighty Samurai Blade and I can't conquer on Level 9:
Chapter 24 because of dat Magnus and Gaol tag team, Chapter 17 because I'm physically incapable of doing certain segments of it, Chapter 23 because Hades Heart is a stupid little bugger, and Chapter 13 because it's
TOO. DANG. LONG.

What bonuses are you using on the Samurai Blade?

Bullza2o

Melee Combo +3, Fwd. Dash Charge Shot +4, Evasion +2, Overall Defense +2, Standing Cont. Fire +1. It took TONS of weapons to create, but it's my baby <3

Wow that's really good. Something tells me I need to finish the game to be able to fuse the best possible weapons, but at the same time I just want to keep replaying the old chapters and not move on.

The completion percentage in the file choosing screen is directly related to the number of chapters, correct?

Wow that's really good. Something tells me I need to finish the game to be able to fuse the best possible weapons, but at the same time I just want to keep replaying the old chapters and not move on.

The completion percentage in the file choosing screen is directly related to the number of chapters, correct?

It's related to everything, as far as I can tell.

SmithnCo

Melee Combo +3, Fwd. Dash Charge Shot +4, Evasion +2, Overall Defense +2, Standing Cont. Fire +1. It took TONS of weapons to create, but it's my baby <3

Cool. That forward dash charge shot is nice, I need to try to fuse some dash bonuses on mine since I'm usually shooting while dashing.

Bullza2o

It's related to everything, as far as I can tell.

I don't know. Right now I'm around 67.5% and I just finished chapter
. I only have around 70 puzzle pieces on Palutena's Treasure Hunt done, and 65% on the Power Puzzle thing. Whenever I beat a chapter it increases significantly.

Cool. That forward dash charge shot is nice, I need to try to fuse some dash bonuses on mine since I'm usually shooting while dashing.

The only problem is that the Samurai Blade is the Blade with the longest charging time, meaning I usually only use it when I need to snipe, and just melee everything else to death.

. I only have around 70 puzzle pieces on Palutena's Treasure Hunt done, and 65% on the Power Puzzle thing. Whenever I beat a chapter it increases significantly.

A friend of mine just beat the game and he's only at 90%, so I really don't know.

How'd you find Chapter
BTW?

ffdgh

I really want more cards after getting the other 3 from that promo. tho i'll gladly buy the ost if its available.

Nah, it's definitely not just chapters. I've beaten the game, have over 250 idols, and have a ton of the Treasure Hunt pieces (post-game spoilers follow)
currently at 113 on Palutena's, 82 on Viridi's, and 50 on Hades's
, and I'm sitting at 89.2% completion right now, with it moving up gradually as I do stuff like try and get the remaining idols and Treasure Hunt pieces--it really seems to be based on everything there is to do in the game to me.

Bullza2o

A friend of mine just beat the game and he's only at 90%, so I really don't know.

How'd you find Chapter
BTW?
Oh man so basically I'm ~23% away from finishing the game :\

Mind-boggling. So many
plot twists
that it's sometimes overwhelming, in a good way. At this point I'm thinking of redoing all the previous chapters, because I've been getting knocked down to 5.0-6.0 intensity in the recent chapters.

Nah, it's definitely not just chapters. I've beaten the game, have over 250 idols, and have a ton of the Treasure Hunt pieces (post-game spoilers follow)
currently at 113 on Palutena's, 82 on Viridi's, and 50 on Hades's
, and I'm sitting at 89.2% completion right now, with it moving up gradually as I do stuff like try and get the remaining idols and Treasure Hunt pieces--it really seems to be based on everything there is to do in the game to me.
Oh alright. It seems that the story has most of the weight percentage-wise though.

I'm browsing the Club Nintendo shop right now. I've got my eye on a Classic Mario shirt, but I'm hesitant to buy anything in case they add any Kid Icarus- or Pokémon-related goodies in the near future (-_-;)

Ketch

I'm browsing the Club Nintendo shop right now. I've got my eye on a Classic Mario shirt, but I'm hesitant to buy anything in case they add any Kid Icarus- or Pokémon-related goodies in the near future (-_-;)

I thought about getting the shirt too, but I'm paranoid it won't fit... there's no returns.

I thought about getting the shirt too, but I'm paranoid it won't fit... there's no returns.

I've been an Adult Large since I was 16 years old, so I have no doubts it will fit me. But still, I'm one of the most paranoid and delusional people on Earth, so I fear that after I purchase it, something else I want even more will come out. Combine that with the fact that the next Nintendo game I'm planning on buying is Pokémon White 2 (and therefore no Coins until then), and I'll really be out of luck if my fears are confirmed.

Top Bottom