• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Well, just beat the game. The dialogue between characters has to be one of the best things I've seen in games recently. Sometimes I'd forget to move Pit around because I was focused on the bottom screen.

Awesome game by the way, like almost everyone else has said.

Korosenai

Well, just beat the game. The dialogue between characters has to be one of the best things I've seen in games recently. Sometimes I'd forget to move Pit around because I was focused on the bottom screen.

Awesome game by the way, like almost everyone else has said.

I just beat the game also, and my only complaint is the fact that I couldn't watch the bottom screen and play at the same time lol

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Finally got a weapon that I am comfortable enough playing Intensity 9.0 with. Just beat stages 1+2 doing so.

Damn, the air sections are clearly the hardest part of that difficulty. :/

I just beat the game also, and my only complaint is the fact that I couldn't watch the bottom screen and play at the same time lol

Yeah, I'd love if they would have put just the scenes by themselves in some sort of film mode. I feel like I missed a lot of what was said trying to focus on playing and reading.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Hey since Dange isn't there, i'm just gonna make an ffa, then when he gets back he can join.

Sounds like a plan. Just Greg and I against you and the computers was ridiculous

but i'll need your friend code since it's not like it lets us play against recent players or anything. mine is 0259-0474-2375

Korosenai

Sounds like a plan. Just Greg and I against you and the computers was ridiculous

but i'll need your friend code since it's not like it lets us play against recent players or anything. mine is 0259-0474-2375

PM'ed.

Yea, but your staff was messing me up pretty bad. That poison damage it was giving me was crazy.

If anyone wants to play free for all and they have me or gospel on their friends list, go ahead and join us.

NeoRausch

Yes! Finally unlocked all the weapons. No more blanks on my fusion chart. I can die happy.
I'm on the last few. I find that you really need to keep track of what you allready have done and what's still to do. 'Cause if you don't you gonna starts searching those archievment-tiles like a mofo.
learned my lesson and made a list of stuff that i still need to do. Check that box!
And some of the challenges aren't THAT easy.
but today is my Birthday so i will have no time to play stuff...ah well maybe later the night.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
PM'ed.

Yea, but your staff was messing me up pretty bad. That poison damage it was giving me was crazy.

Desperate times, desperate measures and all that jazz. But maaaan, that last match was brutal. I was about to pull greg out with a cyclone bomb but then my stamina ran out and just like that, it was all over.

Korosenai

Desperate times, desperate measures and all that jazz. But maaaan, that last match was brutal. I was about to pull greg out with a cyclone bomb but then my stamina ran out and just like that, it was all over.

Remind me to never use that bow in a FFA again 0_0

You and Ragnarok destroyed everyone and everything.

Do I suck at this game? I can hardly beat any chapters at level 5 without getting killed once.

Sorry if this has been discussed plenty. I stay away from this thread because of the inevitable spoiler without a tag.

Korosenai

Do I suck at this game? I can hardly beat any chapters at level 5 without getting killed once.

Sorry if this has been discussed plenty. I stay away from this thread because of the inevitable spoiler without a tag.

There's a spoiler thread now so you should be safe.

But just stick with it and you'll get better. Keep fusing weapons and trying to find that perfect weapon.

Nah, you're fine. Level 5 is fairly challenging. Stick with it, you'll get better. Keep an eye out for the good loot.

Hm, I kinda want this game. I haven't bought a 3DS game in a long while.. But I also really should get Mario also. Maybe I'll treat myself to a belated Birthday present if I can spare the money.. But that leaves me wondering, this or Super Mario 3D land?

Hm, I kinda want this game. I haven't bought a 3DS game in a long while.. But I also really should get Mario also. Maybe I'll treat myself to a belated Birthday present if I can spare the money.. But that leaves me wondering, this or Super Mario 3D land?

I'd go with this. 3D Land is great, but if you can only get one game I'd say this. You'll be playing it for much longer.

massoluk

Banned
Mario 3D Land will wow you the first time you play, but probably wouldn't give you the replayability of Kid Icarus.

Bang for the buck - Kid Icarus.

Korosenai

GG's Ragnarok and Gospel, it was alot of fun but i've gotta wake up early for classes.

We need to try and get some Light vs. Dark's going tomorrow with a full party.

Alrighty, seems like this game is the clear choice then! Now to see if I can actually buy it anytime soon. :lol

(I suppose the chances of it going on sale are fairly slim?)

McNum

So went to the local Gamestop. Kid Icarus was sold out. Went to the not so local GameStop. Kid Icarus was sold out. Went to a local movie shop that also carries games. Got the last one. Yay!

Is this game selling that well, or did Nintendo ship low? Last time I had to hunt down a game like this was for Nintendogs.

Also, I really like the stand. Why? Because... I can see the 3D now! Clear as day, Pit is aiming his arrow out of the screen on the Home Menu. Looks awesome. So, in any case, the stand is worth it. I'll start up the game some time later today. Time to see if it also was worth hunting for.

So went to the local Gamestop. Kid Icarus was sold out. Went to the not so local GameStop. Kid Icarus was sold out. Went to a local movie shop that also carries games. Got the last one. Yay!

Is this game selling that well, or did Nintendo ship low? Last time I had to hunt down a game like this was for Nintendogs.

Also, I really like the stand. Why? Because... I can see the 3D now! Clear as day, Pit is aiming his arrow out of the screen on the Home Menu. Looks awesome. So, in any case, the stand is worth it. I'll start up the game some time later today. Time to see if it also was worth hunting for.

Be sure to play with headphones. It really enhances the listening experience.

Also, keep in mind that you can customize the controls to your liking in the options menu in order to fix any frustrations you may be having.

Good luck, and have fun!

McNum

Be sure to play with headphones. It really enhances the listening experience.

Also, keep in mind that you can customize the controls to your liking in the options menu in order to fix any frustrations you may be having.

Good luck, and have fun!
Of course. I got some good headphones. I practically use them all the time when playing games, watching movies or listening to music. As long as I'm the only one who needs to hear it, of course.

ryushe

Just finished the game.

The last time I loved a game this much was Bayonetta... And believe me when I say that's saying an awful lot.

Uprising (as well as Bayonetta before it) is a game that makes me remember just why I love the medium so much. It brings me back to that place where I used to get excited just thinking about playing a game, let alone actually playing it. It's a feeling I though was lost after all these years of gaming only to be replaced with boredom and jadedness. It's just that type of game... so unless something later in the year absolutely floors me, this is easily my GOTY.

The final Chapter completely blew my mind.
I said to myself once while playing the game; "You know what this game is missing? Mechs."

Then guess what?! Fucking mechs!!

And no, not any type of boring old Mechs. We're talking the "Gurren Lagann transform into int a dozen different forms; each one as glorious as the last" type of Mechs!

*sigh* this game... /nocaps

PK Gaming

Wow.

I just watched the gametrailers review of this game and it's chock full of spoilers. Goddamn, if I hadn't already played the game already and I watched that I would have been pretty pissed. It's a good review, but my god is it filled with spoilers.

They reveal
25 chapters, Viridi, Hades...

?_?

EDIT: I'm in 100% agreement with him when it comes to the dash controls haha, and i'm glad he addressed multiplayer properly.

OmegaZero

Wow.

I just watched the gametrailers review of this game and it's chock full of spoilers. Goddamn, if I hadn't already played the game already and I watched that I would have been pretty pissed. It's a good review, but my god is it filled with spoilers.

They usually are, from what I've seen.
It's why I never watch them until I play the game (unless I have no intention of buying it).

Anyone else (UK / Europeans) order this from The Hut or Zavvi etc.?

I just got an email from them with a voucher code for Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (Gameboy) to use in the eShop. What an unexpected bonus!

Tom_Cody

Join the club. People around here are boasting beating the games at 9.0 difficulty. My average is difficult is 5-6.
Yeah. I have been playing through the levels at 3, and then replaying them until I get up to 6 as I try to 'gold' the levels.

I've only put in about 10 hours and I'm still just overwhelmed by the amount content. Whether I am replaying an old level at a higher intensity or going after a new one, I am always eager to pick up the 3DS and charge forward.

giggas

Beat the game yesterday and dropped from 7.0 difficulty to 4.0 on the last level. I have been shamed.

This has been happening to me on the last few stages I've done, I believe I'm on the last two stages as well. I always feel shame when I fight the boss on such a low setting.

It's such a slap in the face when you die in this game. Death hasn't felt so important in a game in ages. Also, the last time I started a stage it recommended I start at 3.5!!! That was when I felt complete shame.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I can play most levels on 7.0-8.0 (usually on my second playthrough of a level) without issue, but there seems to be a gigantic jump in damage enemies can take and dish out at 9.0. Larger than the jump from 6.0 to 8.0. I suppose at the higher intensity, it's a better idea to stick to dodging and only fight back when it's required.

muu

Wow.

They reveal
25 chapters, Viridi, Hades...

?_?

EDIT: I'm in 100% agreement with him when it comes to the dash controls haha, and i'm glad he addressed multiplayer properly.

To be fair, Nintendo Japan started tv CMs featuring a few of the later events in the game last week. Think they had a media embargo on the content for a week past it's release which has since been lifted.

vid

Bought a 3DS on Saturday afternoon specifically for this game... I suddenly find myself obsessed with tracking down as many Idol cards as I can. So far I've got...

Club Nintendo Offer:
Palutena (Rare)
Great Reaper
Drill Arm

With Game:
Palutena
Medusa, Queen of the Underworld
Three-Headed Hewdraw
Mik
Pit
Standard Orbitars

I NEED MORE, GAF. Where do I go?!

Bought a 3DS on Saturday afternoon specifically for this game... I suddenly find myself obsessed with tracking down as many Idol cards as I can. So far I've got...

Club Nintendo Offer:
Palutena (Rare)
Great Reaper
Drill Arm

With Game:
Palutena
Medusa, Queen of the Underworld
Three-Headed Hewdraw
Mik
Pit
Standard Orbitars

I NEED MORE, GAF. Where do I go?!

Here you go, but beware of spoilers and ghrosts. In fact, it's probably better that you finish the game before clicking this link. You have been warned.

Fabrik

Banned
Famitsu was right for a change. This game is strangely fresh and feels like an instant classic which is so very rare nowadays. And for me part of the charm is the unique control scheme. It feels like nothing else on the market. It would be just another third person shooter with dual stick controls.

Top Bottom