• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Boogiepop

Jeez, the
Palutena Bow
requirement is ridiculous. Maybe if I set it down to zero in addition to my +4 Running Stealth blades, and then maybe add a tirelessness and maaaaaaybe a lightweight? Either way, far more ridiculous than even the chapter 1 in 4 minutes one. Ugh.

Tyeforce

Jeez, the
Palutena Bow
requirement is ridiculous. Maybe if I set it down to zero in addition to my +4 Running Stealth blades, and then maybe add a tirelessness and maaaaaaybe a lightweight? Either way, far more ridiculous than even the chapter 1 in 4 minutes one. Ugh.
Those are actually pretty easy. I beat them both on my first attempt without any trouble. Just pick a fast weapon, use Super Speed and Lightweight when you can, and just run past any enemies that you don't have to fight. You might wanna use Mega Laser or something similar to take the bosses out fast, too. And, of course, play on 2.0 or below.

Glix

Hey "Brian" and "Daquane", I go the nice guy route and gem up a really really good knuckle staff before I head into Manhatten, and this is the bullshit garbage weapons you give me? I AM DISAPPOINT NYC!!!!

Lucent

A whole world of possibility :/

Couldn't you guys, like, use Skype or something? Yeah, it's not as convenient as using the system itself or whatever to chat, but it's still an idea. That's how me and some friends got around Demon's Souls. =p

And, man, I've been reading this thread a lot, and I want this game because of it. But, my backlog is so big. =[

Boogiepop

Those are actually pretty easy. I beat them both on my first attempt without any trouble. Just pick a fast weapon, use Super Speed and Lightweight when you can, and just run past any enemies that you don't have to fight. You might wanna use Mega Laser or something similar to take the bosses out fast, too. And, of course, play on 2.0 or below.

Setting it down to 0 did in fact manage it, so I worried a little more than needed. I think all the downtime where you have to wait for talking in that level scared me a little more than it should have.

Now I just need to beat
ch. 19's boss
in crisis mode and I'll have all the weapons unlocked!

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I should I kept the hearts >.>

My claws aren't working in MP.

Lucky me. I tried using Claws but i'm just not good at melee combat online.

Couldn't you guys, like, use Skype or something? Yeah, it's not as convenient as using the system itself or whatever to chat, but it's still an idea. That's how me and some friends got around Demon's Souls. =p

And, man, I've been reading this thread a lot, and I want this game because of it. But, my backlog is so big. =[
Yea, but like you said, convenience. Lazy, I know but still!

StayDead

Tried some online with a friend of mine against some bots. The controls are clicking for me in Single Player but Multiplayer is still a massive clusterbomb for me right now, so fast. O_O

You'd better be toughening up, Gospel, because the next time we fight I have a little surprise waiting for you.

Maniacal laugh... Maniacal laugh... MANIACAL LAUGH.

Riposte

Just found out this game has multiplayer bots lol. Crazy.

I really wish item selection wasn't so terrible. Why does it only show three choices at a time, why does it need to be at the bottom of the second screen, and why can't I map it to face buttons? Whatever, pain in the ass.

I like the game a lot, but I don't know if I'm ready to say it is great or anything. I think in some areas it is quite spectacular. Kind of a flawed package overall though. I think if someone wants loot-hunting, hilarious writing/charming aesthetic, and/or a huge sheer scope of a game (kind of like the feeling you have got when you unwrapped a fresh Zelda game) this game is perfect for them. Some serious Sakurai polish of the likes I haven't seen since Melee.

Roto13

I really wish item selection wasn't so terrible. Why does it only show three choices at a time, why does it need to be at the bottom of the second screen, and why can't I map it to face buttons? Whatever, pain in the ass.

I like the game a lot, but I don't know if I'm ready to say it is great or anything. I think in some areas it is quite spectacular. Kind of a flawed package overall though. I think if someone wants loot-hunting, hilarious writing/charming aesthetic, and/or a huge sheer scope of a game (kind of like the feeling you have got when you unwrapped a fresh Zelda game) this game is perfect for them. Some serious Sakurai polish of the likes I haven't seen since Melee.

I haven't spent much time in multiplayer. Is there a way to just fight with bots? And can I unlock stuff that way? :p

KevinCow

Banned
I haven't spent much time in multiplayer. Is there a way to just fight with bots? And can I unlock stuff that way? :p

Yeah. Just create a local for friends game, but be the only one in it. It'll fill the rest of the slots with bots.

And yeah, you can unlock stuff that way.

Yes and yes; as long as the other spots aren't filled by human players, bots will be assigned. You can select their difficulty in the Rules menu.

Edit: beaten ^_^

Boney

Banned

I have the item mapped to up on dpad and it works a lot better seeing I don't have to take my finger of the slide pad, with the exception of healing which I do by tapping the screen. Selecting the thingies by sliding the screen can get you killed though

TheKyle07

You can.

Riposte

I was thinking along the lines of hotkeys. "Use power #1" "Use power#2" etc

I feel like the jump powers are useless without that kind of functionality.

EDIT: Btw, I find controlling with my pointer finger tip to be much more accurate, but it bugs me to do it for awhile.

RagnarokX

OUuK7.jpg

Mwahahaha!

Ugggggggggggh.

You have no idea how heartbreaking it is to buy this game and have the 3DS give you the black screen of death right on start-up.

Now I gotta wait untill the damm thing gets repaired.

Riposte

After toying around with aim-assist for the first time, I've come to the conclusion that this game's multiplayer is best played with it on. At least for melee. Not so random anymore.

As for single player I've been aiming to beat the whole thing at a consistent 5.0 difficulty. Think I am going to rise since I've been doing so well lately. Ultimately I plan to beat the whole game at 9.0.

just finished chapter one at difficulty 6. Damn, Twinbellows becomes blazing fast...so fast I went full hardcore and challenged him on melee. I won by a bloody split second!

KevinCow

Banned
Does anyone know how many multiplayer maps there are? Looks like I've unlocked 12 of them.

Also the Final Destination maps are awful, I'm so happy they never seem to come up in random.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
GGs man. You are a very proficient staff user sir, I only pulled one win when you decided to experiment lol.

Aha, thanks. I need to practice with other weapons though. Right now, I only know how to use the staff and the arm. But if I get stuck as Pit and it's neither of those two, then I'm finished.
Good games. The next time we meet I'll have a 6 stars hearts waiting for you. Mwhahahha.

Good indeed. I didn't mention this before but, you know I jacked up the level of the CPU to 9 after FLAguy left, right?
Revenge for your Viridi Palm assault. Oh, and all the Tanooki tail abuse I get from you.

Prinny

Good indeed. I didn't mention this before but, you know I jacked up the level of the CPU to 9 after FLAguy left, right?
Revenge for your Viridi Palm assault. Oh, and all the Tanooki tail abuse I get from you.
Damn you! I thought I was just bad, lol.

I made a 4.5 stars (ranged) hearts with +3 dash forward attack. Be ready.

Edit: I can confirm they work well in MP.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Damn you! I thought I was just bad, lol.

I made 4.5 stars (ranged) hearts with +3 dash forward attack. Be ready.

Oh, I will. I won't even sweat it.

I mean pssh, we'll see how you like staring at my pimpcane staff when you're all PLUS 3 PARALYZED and stuff. Then i'll be all like, whoosh here comes a circle-strafe boy and just like that, I'll be behind you and you'll be done like dinner.
Don't kill me, please

Oh, I will. I won't even sweat it.

I mean pssh, we'll see how you like staring at my pimpcane staff when you're all PLUS 3 PARALYZED and stuff. Then i'll be all like, whoosh here comes a circle-strafe boy and just like that, I'll be behind you and you'll be done like dinner.

Tumblr_lnoee5QX521qlsz95o1_500.gif

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110805174212/theregularshow/images/e/ea/Tumblr_lnoee5QX521qlsz95o1_500.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

You are awesome.

[quote="RagnarokX, post: 36597426"]I got a level 4 darkness today :D

::blinds gospel and clubs him to death::[/QUOTE]
You gotta cross a mine field full of, well, mines and fully-charged pimpcane shots. Can you Club guys do it? I hope not!

Top Bottom