• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Busaiku

Oh, those enhance your weapon.
So if you hit someone, they have a chance of being turned into Eggplant/Tempura.

Like any other status effect.

Oh, those enhance your weapon.
So if you hit someone, they have a chance of being turned into Eggplant/Tempura.

Like any other status effect.

Okay, THAT is awesome. You hear that, Gospel and Nub? I hope you're hungry, because diced Tempura is on the menu tonight.

Spike

Regarding SpotPass gems: Will they accumulate if I don't check them every day? Like, if I take Kid Icarus out of my 3DS and play something else for ten days, will I have ten gems waiting for me next time I boot it up?

No. My brother bought another copy of the game so we could play local multi, and he didn't receive any of the previous SpotPass gems. He just started getting them from that point onwards.

We now leave our internet on and out 3DS' in sleep mode so we don't miss them.

But I do have a question: How many SpotPass Gems have already been released? I don't know if I missed the first one since it was released early in the morning on launch day and I hadn't picked up the game at that point. I have 11 gems right now. Did I miss any?

Anyone pick up the newest issue of Nintendo Power today for the AR cards?

I'm going to be heading out shortly to do some shopping. If I come across it, I will purchase it.

WallJump

Banned
No. My brother bought another copy of the game so we could play local multi, and he didn't receive any of the previous SpotPass gems. He just started getting them from that point onwards.

But I do have a question: How many SpotPass Gems have already been released? I don't know if I missed the first one since it was released early in the morning on launch day and I hadn't picked up the game at that point. I have 11 gems right now. Did I miss any?

11? Daaaang I got this on the day it came out in the US from Amazon Prime release day delivery and I think I've got maybe 6? Granted I wasn't leaving the system in sleep mode for a few days after I had it but I've wised up since.

11 seems about right to me since the game has been out for 11 days :) (USA)

backlot

Is there any difference between being turned into an eggplant or tempura in the multiplayer? Does one lower your defense more or something?

Roto13

I'm not asking if I'll get them retroactively. I'm just wondering if I need to stick the game card in my 3DS and check it every day to get the spotpass gems. I'm not going to leave it in there forever.

Also the gems don't only go out at one specific moment. I turn my 3DS off at night but when I turn it on again in the morning or afternoon, the spotpass still arrives.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Okay, THAT is awesome. You hear that, Gospel and Nub? I hope you're hungry, because diced Tempura is on the menu tonight.

I've got a Lit paper to type up. So for today, i'm retired
sm2NR.gif

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln9sedTQdI1qlsz95o1_500.gif[IMG]

Yeah, that's right.

[spoiler]Never mind that I was in the exact same position on Sunday night...[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

i'll probably give my 3ds to my roommate and let her play a couple of matches with you guys. i don't think i can risk flubbing this one.

Insaniac

when I want to fuse a weapon and there's an X, does that mean I haven't unlocked said weapon? And how do I go about unlocking it? just playing SP or getting the idol or AR card?

when I want to fuse a weapon and there's an X, does that mean I haven't unlocked said weapon? And how do I go about unlocking it? just playing SP or getting the idol or AR card?

It's either by beating a boss (so SP) or completing one of the treasure hunts. (Achivement-ing.)

Is there a soundtrack that I can buy for this game? The music might be the best in any game I have ever played. Dark Pits Theme is just so damn good.

NeoRausch

You have to be close to your opponent. When you're close, just press the stylus to the screen and DON'T MOVE IT.

Now just dash left or right. Try it in practice.
Thanks mate! Tried it and it works. But still pretty dangerouse to use the Tank-Guy and on hiim you need this move the most.

Jarsonot

Added everyone from the list til I got to 100 friends... Now to add new people I have the rough choice of whom to delete. =(

Guess I'll go by "Last Online" and if I remember playing with them

NeoRausch

Ok WTF? I collected all the weapons from the list but i still got a few X's on my Fusion list. Do i need to do something else?
do i need to collect all zodiac weapons, or what? I'm willing to do the stuff i need to do....but what?

Jarsonot

Ok WTF? I collected all the weapons from the list but i still got a few X's on my Fusion list. Do i need to do something else?
do i need to collect all zodiac weapons, or what? I'm willing to do the stuff i need to do....but what?

Which list?

Also does anyone know of a list of all the weapons with their respective traits, like range, homing, etc.?

KevinCow

Banned

Which list?

But yes, you do need to collect all the zodiac weapons. There are also some weapons unlocked by completing certain challenges on the grid. The rest should be unlocked by just beating the game normally.

NeoRausch

Yeah, there was a list out there with all the important challenges to unlock all fusions by archievments.

i guess that the zodiac weapons are listed right under them should've neen a hint to me. :3

RagnarokX

I got well over 20 hours on this game before trading it in for Kingdom Hearts 3DS. I nearly unlocked all of Palutena's acheievements (I think I had 6 left), and then I realized that I've pretty much pumped all of the fun out of the game that I could.

Also, Japan gives you 80% of your money back if you trade in within the first week or so :)

This game is a lot like Kingdom Hearts, but with coherent and enjoyable story and gameplay :)

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished chapter 8. Wow, this game is terrific! So much win, I still haven't tried the MP >_>

LOL at 'Calamari!'

Just added a few people to my Friend list. I added:

Gospel
ScraftyDevil
Zeroneo
RagnarokX

My FC is 0645-5844-5026 if anyone wants to add me back and play a few rounds.

Am I the only one that is pressing really hard with the stylus? I've got all these scratches on the lower screen because of playing Kid Icarus.
Guess its time to replace the screen protector :p

Lucent

Am I the only one that is pressing really hard with the stylus? I've got all these scratches on the lower screen because of playing Kid Icarus.
Guess its time to replace the screen protector :p

I haven't got the game yet, but I don't feel like buying another screen protector, so I'm gonna try to be as light as I can be. =l

Roto13

It's not like there's any advantage to mashing the stylus into the screen as hard as you can. :p

Finished the game. For about half of it I was just cruising through it on 3. Time to go back and do some challenges and get some better weapons. I've been using a Rose Staff I randomly go early on and its been my strongest weapon since then.

WTF 360 challenges total. Gah.

Ragus

Banned
A dialogue from a late part of the game:

HADES
PIT
HADES
PIIIIIIIT

this fucking game. Now it's time for the last chapter. I don't want this game to end ;_;

...I just got a Burning Palm with +6 Health and +5 Overall Defense (along with other benefits) from a random drop. I think I can use this to get 9.0's on the levels I'm missing!

YES.

Croc

Banned
I imagine there are places you can use them to take shortcuts and navigate multiplayer maps, but that's about it.

They can also be useful in certain areas of single player as well, where if you miss a jump with the exotank to get to a treasure chest for example, you can use the jump to get up there anyways.

KevinCow

Banned
God damn. I was finally able to play this game online a bit more, and the netcode is absolutely terrible. Maybe not quite Brawl bad, but definitely Nintendo online bad. People constantly teleporting everywhere, controls randomly deciding to be sluggish and unresponsive, resulting in me getting hit because it didn't dash when I told it to, shots not registering as hits when they're clearly hitting the guy I'm shooting at, awful slowdown... I mean, damn.

Roto13

God damn. I was finally able to play this game online a bit more, and the netcode is absolutely terrible. Maybe not quite Brawl bad, but definitely Nintendo online bad. People constantly teleporting everywhere, controls randomly deciding to be sluggish and unresponsive, resulting in me getting hit because it didn't dash when I told it to, shots not registering as hits when they're clearly hitting the guy I'm shooting at, awful slowdown... I mean, damn.

I've never had a problem.

Korosenai

Dang, sorry you're having bad experiences man.

Personally I've played over 150 games online and i've only had lag, randomness happen once.

Top Bottom