• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Poyunch

Zodiac Spoilers
So are
Cancer Claws
worth anything? I can make a great set but my experience with them have been underwhelming.

Anteo

I know this has probably been asked a million times but what Nintendo Network functions does this have? Can Nintendo patch new stuff into the game along with DLC?

Depends on the game, for example Fire Emblem will have dlc. If a game is developed with patches and extra content in mind, they can do it. (This is true for any console)

BD1

Banned
I know this has probably been asked a million times but what Nintendo Network functions does this have? Can Nintendo patch new stuff into the game along with DLC?

I think it was more a marketing vehicle to get the logo/brand onto the box of a major release. Outside of online multiplayer, I don't think there is any additional NiN functionality. I think every online enabled game will have that logo going forward.

SmithnCo

There still is a power that lets you do that. It's called Warp. It has like 4 uses at level 1 and you can use it even when you're taking damage in a combo or stuck in an explosion, or even still flying around in the air after getting knocked back.

That would make sense. It looks like lag though if that's what is is, lol.

Zodiac Spoilers
So are
Cancer Claws
worth anything? I can make a great set but my experience with them have been underwhelming.

In my experience, they function more as defensive weapons, with a great keep-away playstyle and a backdash charge shot that's great for covering ground. If you're more into frustrating and locking down your opponents, then these are the weapons for you.

Riposte

Using Staff (Flintlock, the gun one) is weird to me.

EDIT: Is Item Vacuum any good?

EDIT: What about Energy Charge (lvl4)? It is huge.

KevinCow

Banned

I don't think we know for sure. There was a rumor that it has patch support built in, but who knows how true that is. As of right now, the only Nintendo Network support we know of is actual online play.

Zodiac Spoilers
So are
Cancer Claws

Like all the weapons, it really just depends on what you like. Claws have their strengths and weaknesses when compared to other weapon types, and I'm sure that one has strengths and weaknesses when compared to other claws. If you've tried them before and didn't like them, then it doesn't really matter if you can make a good set. You probably still won't like them.

It's more important to find a weapon that fits you than it is to get a weapon with high stats. Figure out which weapon works for you, then start collecting and fusing to get one with better stats.

Poyunch

Like all the weapons, it really just depends on what you like. Claws have their strengths and weaknesses when compared to other weapon types, and I'm sure that one has strengths and weaknesses when compared to other claws. If you've tried them before and didn't like them, then it doesn't really matter if you can make a good set. You probably still won't like them.

It's more important to find a weapon that fits you than it is to get a weapon with high stats. Figure out which weapon works for you, then start collecting and fusing to get one with better stats.

Aww that sucks I already have a tone of weapons that work well for me but I really wanted to like them.
They're crab claws!!! How awesome is that?

Thoughts?

ZDFHt.jpg

Poyunch

Petrification is always a plus. I don't know how much that much range would help it though. More stars in melee would be good too.

PKrockin

Also what the hell is with people in matches just standing there the whole time? Are they really just logging onto LvD to piss people off by leaving them a man short for the whole game?

Same thing happens in Basic Brawl/Team Brawl. Jimmy logs on, mom calls him for dinner, he shuts off the TV, eats dinner and go to bed. Meanwhile Nintendo's network has the courtesy to continually find new matches for their idle character forever as long as he doesn't get disconnected. Literally almost one half of the Team Brawl matches I've been in had at least one idle character.

Thanks for fixing that glaring issue Sakurai.

SmithnCo

Didn't Sakurai say in the Iwata interview that idle people don't win weapons and stuff? In that case why not just disconnect them, lol.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Same thing happens in Basic Brawl/Team Brawl. Jimmy logs on, mom calls him for dinner, he shuts off the TV, eats dinner and go to bed. Meanwhile Nintendo's network has the courtesy to continually find new matches for their idle character forever as long as he doesn't get disconnected. Literally almost one half of the Team Brawl matches I've been in had at least one idle character.

Thanks for fixing that glaring issue Sakurai.

It's handy as hell in LvD. You can make him or her the angel and win almost every time and farm some points.

RagnarokX

New power discovered! I got something called Fortune's Jukebox.

It changes the music randomly.

Yeah, I got that the other day. I haven't messed with it since it seems completely useless and takes up a huge amount of space on the power grid.

Testing it right now in an online waiting room... it's playing some tracks I haven't heard before...

Boogiepop

Hooray! Just beat chapter 8 on 9.0, and even got an epic 341 value Gaol Blade for my troubles (highest value weapons I had before this was like 304.) And since my weapon had hearts +3, I raked in like 30,000 hearts or something crazy. And to top it all off, I got the
Space Pirate Ship
idol from the idol toss with the eggs that the level earned me! Feels good! :)

I find it strange that the game doesn't keep track of how many times you died in online matches.
I only ever see how many people I killed online.
That's not good for calculating my online stats :(

Insaniac

Didn't Sakurai say in the Iwata interview that idle people don't win weapons and stuff? In that case why not just disconnect them, lol.

just came here to complain about that, was playing a couple games with some japanese fellas and one of them on our team was idle, completely the reason we lost the game cause both were so close :(

also has there been any rhyme or reason discovered to the way weapon abilities are transferred during fusion? I have a blade with +4 melee dash that i'd really like to change into some faster claws :(

No, you are wrong and many people in this thread (including me) are willing to tell you that you are wrong.

Give it some time and you too will see that the controls are pretty awesome and precise.

23 hours in, and the controls are still messy—even after calibrating them to be as good and as comfortable as I could possibly make them.

I'm not really fond of all the hyper-defensive reactions to control complaints, which usually boil down to:
  • You're bad at video games!
  • Other people disagree with you and think the game controls great, therefore you are wrong!
  • You're simply incapable of understanding the brilliant genius behind such a wonderful, perfect control scheme!

Look, they work great for some people, but they're still clumsy for a lot of us. We're hardly the first people to mention it; there were concerns back when the game was first announced. And even the people who claim to love the controls and wax poetic about how perfect they are have to give tips about holding the system in a certain way or changing the default scheme to make them less cumbersome.

I love the game, I'm having a ton of fun with it, and I think every 3DS owner should have it. It deserves praise for plenty of things. But I don't like the implication - even a half-joking one - that I'm stupid for thinking the controls aren't ideal.

Kyon

Banned
23 hours in, and the controls are still messy—even after calibrating them to be as good and as comfortable as I could possibly make them.

I'm not really fond of all the hyper-defensive reactions to control complaints, which usually boil down to:
  • Other people disagree with you and think the game controls great, therefore you are wrong!
  • You're simply incapable of understanding the brilliant genius behind such a wonderful, perfect control scheme!

Look, they work great for some people, but they're still clumsy for a lot of us. We're hardly the first people to mention it; there were concerns back when the game was first announced. And even the people who claim to love the controls and wax poetic about how perfect they are have to give tips about holding the system in a certain way or changing the default scheme to make them less cumbersome.

I love the game, I'm having a ton of fun with it, and I think every 3DS owner should have it. It deserves praise for plenty of things. But I don't like the implication - even a half-joking one - that I'm stupid for thinking the controls aren't ideal.

gorl.. you done scalped and read him. ily sis

EDIT: @Bjoern im not bashing the game so idk why you got so defensive lol

Korosenai

You have a valid point with the hours that you've played if you're still having problems with the controls. The main point of his post though was to the other person, telling him to give it some time and that he'll eventually like it, and that the controls may click for him. In no way was he questioning yours, or his, intellect or calling anyone stupid. He just wanted the person to stick it out and hopefully enjoy and like the game.

Darryl

Banned

i stopped browsing this thread for awhile because of people jumping into this thread to complain about controls, and then getting offended when people had something to say against them. if you want to complain, that's fine, but expect people to complain back if they have something to say. they just don't want people interested in the title to leave with a bad impression.

I'm about 12 hours in and I'd have to agree with you. The controls work by all means, but damn if they don't get really annoying at times. I'm constantly having to re-position my hands because the strain. I still haven't found a comfortable way to play it, be it using the stand, in the cradle, or just in my hand without anything. I just try to look past the controls and focus on what the game has to offer, which seems to have worked for me because I truly like the game, but for people to bash one another over liking the controls or not is just plain silly.

Insaniac

have you ever played any other DS FPS? I keep bringing this up but I put a lot of time into Metroid Prime Hunters and I got really good with the controls. So after putting the sensitivity to max I got really used to the controls quickly. I think the period of adjustment is different for everyone. I will agree that the controls aren't perfect though, but I never go for super long play sessions of the game anyways.

Show me where I implied that anyone who doesn't like the controls is just too stupid to understand them.

I never said that and I never implied that. My first line in my post above was not meant to be taken all that serious. I thought that was obvious enough, but it seems like it wasn't.

Still, that's no reason to get so worked up about it. I mean, it's not like I insulted your mom, right?

Kyon

Banned
No, you are wrong and many people in this thread (including me) are willing to tell you that you are wrong.

Give it some time and you too will see that the controls are pretty awesome and precise.

ok lets try this again. The controls to me are a mess so far for me, just tested out multi with vectorman. He told me the same thing lol didnt touch single player yet so i have yet to mess with the control options :)

PKrockin

I find it strange that the game doesn't keep track of how many times you died in online matches.
I only ever see how many people I killed online.
That's not good for calculating my online stats :(

As long as people don't get a K/D ratio they can prioritize over teamwork I count that as a positive.

KevinCow

Banned
I usually sell everything with a value below 250.

I just fuse them until everything has a value above 230.

On weapon value, what's generally seen as a good value for multiplayer? I figure it's good to stay under 300. I think the default team life bar is 900, so if everyone is below 300, the other team has to get at least 4 kills.

My multiplayer weapons are around 250, but I have a better one at about 275. I'm not really sure if the 25 point difference actually matters, though.

Think I've finally completely got the hang of ground controls (with them mapped to face buttons). Was about to beat chapter 12 on 7.0 intensity. Fun stuff.

RagnarokX

I just fuse them until everything has a value above 230.

On weapon value, what's generally seen as a good value for multiplayer? I figure it's good to stay under 300. I think the default team life bar is 900, so if everyone is below 300, the other team has to get at least 4.

My multiplayer weapons are around 250, but I have a better one at about 275. I'm not really sure if the 25 point difference actually matters, though.

My magnus club is 238. It tears up opponents and doesn't eat too much of the team life guage.

I'm sitting on a massive stock pile of weapons, and I don't know what to do with them. :(

I only use about 3 of them.

I'm currently stockpiling weapons with a value of 290 and higher.
Anything below I try to fuse with other weapons, trying to get good stats. You might wanna do that too.

I already got my awesome Earthmaul Club with that and also got these little fuckers:

CuqlT.jpg
lvdfE.jpg
MuhkG.jpg
AyQlJ.jpg
ZQlqc.jpg
mGxmb.jpg

All those weapons I got purely by fusing weapons.
Getting weapons like these by chance is not an option for me. I am way to impatient for that.

Top Bottom