• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

NeoRausch

God damn. I was finally able to play this game online a bit more, and the netcode is absolutely terrible. Maybe not quite Brawl bad, but definitely Nintendo online bad. People constantly teleporting everywhere, controls randomly deciding to be sluggish and unresponsive, resulting in me getting hit because it didn't dash when I told it to, shots not registering as hits when they're clearly hitting the guy I'm shooting at, awful slowdown... I mean, damn.
? Really? I just can tell what i experienced so far, but everything supersmooth.

edit:
just to be sure: i'mnot taking any side here. If shit is shit it's shit. But the online in kiu is pretty great.

Ragus

Banned
I've just defeated the final boss. This game next to Ace Attorney and Pokemon is the best experience on a handheld for me. GOTY.

Sakurai, marry me.

SmithnCo

I have seen people teleporting but that's about as bad as the online ever got for me. Helps that it doesn't matter much when every two seconds there's another explosion to contend with. :p

God damn. I was finally able to play this game online a bit more, and the netcode is absolutely terrible. Maybe not quite Brawl bad, but definitely Nintendo online bad. People constantly teleporting everywhere, controls randomly deciding to be sluggish and unresponsive, resulting in me getting hit because it didn't dash when I told it to, shots not registering as hits when they're clearly hitting the guy I'm shooting at, awful slowdown... I mean, damn.

Weird, never seen any of that. I've done...25 or so matches, I think?

Truth101

Banned

Problem could be coming from your end, just saying.

Hale-XF11

Yeah, online has been nearly flawless for me as well. Speaking of which, I'm addicted to loot hoarding in LvD. Been getting some sweet, sweet weapons that I'll be fusing into even greater weapons at some point.

NeoRausch

Yeah, online has been nearly flawless for me as well. Speaking of which, I'm addicted to loot hoarding in LvD. Been getting some sweet, sweet weapons that I'll be fusing into even greater weapons at some point.
Jeez.... The last few days i was so into unlocking the whole fusions that i did not play any online game....but i also suck pretty hard. :lol

Thoraxes

Wow, that's crazy. I've never had any of that. What kind of connection are you on/country of connection?

Hale-XF11

Jeez.... The last few days i was so into unlocking the whole fusions that i did not play any online game....but i also suck pretty hard. :lol

I sucked until I started playing online a lot, which really helped to improve my ground control skills. Now I actually really love how the controls work. I can now spin, stop and aim on a dime and deal with multiple targets in a heated battle with ease all at once.

Plus I do this thing where just as an online match is starting, I hit up, right, up, right, up, right, up, right & up on the d-pad to initiate all of my powers at once. That way I dive right into the battle like a total bad ass and start annihilating opponents ASAP, lol.

Zomba13

how about no.
MP runs fine. played ~50 matches - maybe one or two were laggy.

I've played a few. Some were ok, in others it just wouldn't connect or got so laggy it kicked me out. Seems par for the course in my Nintendo online experience sadly :(

When it works it's fun when it doesn't it's a pain in the ass. I don't even know why either as my other consoles are Wifi and I have no problems at all online from the same distance to router.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I've had two random matches in a row once where my viewpoint did this strange instant-shift thing. It was weird. Then there's the occasional bout of lag, but for the most part my experience hasn't been bad.

What connection are you on? Never had a hickup here.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Wow, I saw people teleporting too and all this time I thought it was a power I hadn't unlocked yet.

There still is a power that lets you do that. It's called Warp. It has like 4 uses at level 1 and you can use it even when you're taking damage in a combo or stuck in an explosion, or even still flying around in the air after getting knocked back.

Poyunch

Son of a bitch... bought two copies of Nintendo Power in hopes of getting different cards only to find out they're all the same. Plus I lost my sunglasses going out to buy these too. God damn.

botty

Banned
Yeah, I might have to add some of you guys... nothing worse than jumping into a game with a partner who just goes idle all day.

Jintor

My connection tends to vary, I've had some bad netcode very infrequently, but most commonly great netcode. I think it might be related to the host.

KevinCow

Banned
God dammit, I thought I fixed my wireless network. My computer's not having IP conflict errors anymore, but I'm still disconnecting in the middle of matches.

Why do wireless networks have to be so damn hard to set up properly?

Also what the hell is with people in matches just standing there the whole time? Are they really just logging onto LvD to piss people off by leaving them a man short for the whole game?

Insaniac

anyone know if there is a higher level of "Mega laser"? I was fooling around with a multiplayer build using a +4 power attack weapon and a bunch of offensive powers, mega laser being the most effective, but level 1 only gives you 2 uses :(

anyone know if there is a higher level of "Mega laser"? I was fooling around with a multiplayer build using a +4 power attack weapon and a bunch of offensive powers, mega laser being the most effective, but level 1 only gives you 2 uses :(

I have a Level 3, it has 3 uses. However it covers almost two whole rows.

Boogiepop

Gaaaaaaah. Got to the end of chapter 3 on 9.0 and just BARELY lost to
Hewdraw
. He used those stupid fireballs at some pretty bad moments and got me. Worst part is, it was going on long enough that I certainly just about had him, and on one of the
knock him on shore
moments I got stuck tired and missed my chance to go all out. Grr!

Gaaaaaaah. Got to the end of chapter 3 on 9.0 and just BARELY lost to
Hewdraw
. He used those stupid fireballs at some pretty bad moments and got me. Worst part is, it was going on long enough that I certainly just about had him, and on one of the
knock him on shore
moments I got stuck tired and missed my chance to go all out. Grr!

I know that feeling. I got totally destroyed by
Cragalanche
the first time I tried fighting him on 9.0. He was spamming his stupid
lava blast
attack that you HAVE to dodge, and after one too many in a row, I was stuck in tired while he stomped my face in. If you can, try finding a weapon with a large defense/HP bonus. Trust me, it REALLY helps on certain bosses.

Gravijah

Son of a bitch... bought two copies of Nintendo Power in hopes of getting different cards only to find out they're all the same. Plus I lost my sunglasses going out to buy these too. God damn.

you really should have mentioned your plan of buying more than one np before leaving.

Dang. Has anyone else realized how potent Celestial Firework can be if used correctly? I just fought someone online who completely WRECKED my team via a combination of Somewhat Staff sniping and strategic use of the Firework. Since it always puts its victim into a knocked-down state, it can be easily used to cover an escape or to buy time. I just might have to build a set around it 0_o

BD1

Banned
Man, I Love Light vs Dark. I want a Wii U Kid Icarus game, just to play Light vs Dark on a big screen with bigger teams. So addicting. Death Match-becomes-Capture the Flag is an awesome combo.

Boogiepop

I came real close to beating chapters 2 and 4 on 9.0, but once again I failed.
Gaol's black hole attack is absolutely ridiculously devastating. I mean holy crap, that took out like all of my health in one shot. And in 4 I just failed at hitting temporary invincibility while in crisis mode. Damn powers can be a pain to execute.

I'll a chapter that isn't the first one on 9.0 eventually! At least with my current weapon having +3 heart, I'm getting plenty of hearts from each run.

Zee-Row

Banned
I know this has probably been asked a million times but what Nintendo Network functions does this have? Can Nintendo patch new stuff into the game along with DLC?

Top Bottom