• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Alright, I give up. Just how do you get
the Zodiac weapon on Chapter 10? Where is this hidden elevator people speak off? After the last enemy, I enter the door and theres an elevator in front of me, so I try to head back and the room is shut

At one point, you'll be given two grenades in order to defeat a group of enemies. After wiping them out, the gane prompts you to step on a circular blue elevator. Instead, turn around and walk to the other end of the platform, wherw you'll find a different, oddly-shaped elevator. Take it down to find what you seek.

As someone who isn't a Treasure fanboy, I disagree. Plus you don't ADD Treasure to something. They are their own studio which work with very small numbers.

Plenty of Treasure games have been co-developed, including... Sin & Punishment, which was worked on by R&D1 and Treasure jointly. It's not out of the question that they could be brought in to work on the game, in part or in whole.

Different budgets and goals.

A much better way to put it than what I would have come up with.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
well yeah naturally, that's why Treasure can keep being Treasure and Sora can keep being Sora. This infatuation of having developers work on x is super weird, kinda like the Retro Studios obsession.
I much rather focus on what certain studios and people work on than just blindly follow a franchise regardless of who puts their hands on it.

sfried

At one point, you'll be given two grenades in order to defeat a group of enemies. After wiping them out, the gane prompts you to step on a circular blue elevator. Instead, turn around and walk to the other end of the platform, wherw you'll find a different, oddly-shaped elevator. Take it down to find what you seek.
So it's not at the end of the level as they originally said?

Edit: I meant Chapter
12, not 10

well yeah naturally, that's why Treasure can keep being Treasure and Sora can keep being Sora. This infatuation of having developers work on x is super weird, kinda like the Retro Studios obsession.

tonight is tf2 night baby, just remember that!

Name a night that isn't tf2 night.

So it's not at the end of the level as they originally said?

Stupid GameFAQs.

Oops, sorry. It seems I posted the one from Chapter
(-_-;)

To get the one in 10, after you lower he statue into the lava, head into the next room and defeat the enemies. Afte doing that, walk down a small path opposite to the way you're supposed to go and there it will lay. Sorry for the confusion!

KevinCow

Banned
I'd like to see a Kid Icarus for Wii U, but I kinda hope they don't feel like they need Sakurai and his team to do it.

For one thing, he's tied up in Smash next, which we probably won't see until 2014. So the next Kid Icarus would be like 2016 at the earliest. I don't wanna have to wait until 2016! For another thing, I'd like to see what other games Sakurai has in his head when he's not tied down with a sequel to something. He gave us Kirby, Smash, Kid Icarus, and Meteos. What else does he have up there?

I think he did the hard work and laid the groundwork for what future Kid Icarus games should be. So they can get another team to follow that and add to it on the Wii U. Maybe have Sakurai offer input, even if he's not directly overseeing the game.

Treasure would be a pretty good fit, but I feel like they'd need help on all the story and writing parts. They don't do story much, and when they do, it's pretty awful. See Sin & Punishment. God, those were some painful cutscenes. The story and characters and writing are a big part of the charm in Kid Icarus, so whoever does the next one, they really need to make sure they nail that part.

Really though, I just want to play this game with the Wiimote. Stylus controls are fine, but Wiimote would be so good.

sfried

Oops, sorry. It seems I posted the one from Chapter
(-_-;)

To get the one in 10, after you lower he statue into the lava, head into the next room and defeat the enemies. Afte doing that, walk down a small path opposite to the way you're supposed to go and there it will lay. Sorry for the confusion!

Actually, the one you posted earlier was from the correct Chapter. I had a typo in my post.

I still don't know what part you're talking about with the two grenades.

Alright, IcarusGAF, I need some advice. Should I fuse my

Great Reaper Palm
Ranged: *****
Melee: ****
Melee Def. +1
Status Resist +1
Burning +1
Walk Speed +3
Melee Combo +1

and

Sonic Cannon
Ranged: ******
Melee: ***
Overall Def. +1
Run Speed +1
Effect Duration +1
Heart Bonus -1

to make a

Aurum
Blade
Overall Defense +1
Effect Duration +1
Burning +1
Walking Speed +3
Melee Combo +1

Keep in mind that Blades are my favourite weapon type. Thanks!

Actually, the one you posted earlier was from the correct Chapter. I had a typo in my post.

I still don't know what part you're talking about with the two grenades.

Close to the end of the chapter, you're led onto a large, ovular platform where a group of enemies spawn. Two Grenade items (yellow spheres with orange rings around them) will drop down on your end of the platform. Take out the enemies, and a blue, circular section of the platform will turn into an elevator, which will be highlighted by a green arrow. Walk in the opposite direction from this elevator to find a different elevator off the other end of the platform. Take it down to find your query.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Just finished the story. Absolutely amazing game, and my second favorite of this year only slightly behind Mass Effect 3.

Icarus will stay on my 3DS for a while. I'm gonna try to do as much as possible and see most of the content that Sakurai put into it.

One of the greatest handheld games of all time.

sfried

Close to the end of the chapter, you're led onto a large, ovular platform where a group of enemies spawn. Two Grenade items (yellow spheres with orange rings around them) will drop down on your end of the platform. Take out the enemies, and a blue, circular section of the platform will turn into an elevator, which will be highlighted by a green arrow. Walk in the opposite direction from this elevator to find a different elevator off the other end of the platform. Take it down to find your query.

Is this before the level takes place
outside
again? Like Pit says, "This is disorienting!"

Emitan

OH MY GOD IM FLYING AND SHOOTING AND THEN SHE SAYS THE STUFF AND I LAUGH AND THIS IS GREAT.

Too bad I can't eat now

olimpia84

Alright, IcarusGAF, I need some advice. Should I fuse my

Great Reaper Palm
Melee Def. +1
Status Resist +1
Burning +1
Walk Speed +3
Melee Combo +1

and

Sonic Cannon
Ranged: ******
Melee: ***
Overall Def. +1
Run Speed +1
Effect Duration +1
Heart Bonus -1

to make a

Aurum
Blade
Overall Defense +1
Effect Duration +1
Burning +1
Walking Speed +3
Melee Combo +1

Keep in mind that Blades are my favourite weapon type. Thanks!

Looks like a good fusion to me since it retained a bunch of the most important stats.

Emitan

>inb4 Billy changes his avatar to a mustachioed Palutena :I

Never. My next avatar will probably be someone from FE13. Probably Anna:
chara24.jpg

Riposte

This game has some of the best writing in recent memory. Very witty. When I'm not laughing out loud, I'm often grinning. The storyline is magnificent too. Always want to see more.

EDIT: Changing avatars is for chumps.

KevinCow

Banned
Oh my god.

Replay saves. This game needs replay saves.

I just made the most amazing stand against the entire other team. All three of them came after me while the rest of my team was on the other side of the map. I somehow managed to take them all out without dying.

I wish I could watch it again and share it with everyone, because that was awesome.

Also on the match before, someone came to the door and I had to answer it. I was away from the match for a minute or so, and was sure I'd cost us the game. But I came back to see that, although I'd died twice and was Dark Pit, we were still going. Proceeded to hunt down Pit and get in the finishing blow, and end the match with the most points. :smug:

Also on connection problems, I guess it only happens when I play someone with a bad connection, because I've had matches where there are no issues.

Oh my god.

Replay saves. This game needs replay saves.

I just made the most amazing stand against the entire other team. All three of them came after me while the rest of my team was on the other side of the map. I somehow managed to take them all out without dying.

I wish I could watch it again and share it with everyone, because that was awesome.

Also on the match before, someone came to the door and I had to answer it. I was away from the match for a minute or so, and was sure I'd cost us the game. But I came back to see that, although I'd died twice and was Dark Pit, we were still going. Proceeded to hunt down Pit and get in the finishing blow, and end the match with the most points. :smug

Dang, son. I wish I could high-five you through the computer, 'cause that sounds like some mighty fine playing. I'd love to see you go up against Nub the Destroyer.

Kard8p3

I just got this yesterday and I'm currently on chapter
This game has been amazing and it just seems to get better and better. I suck at the multiplayer though. Ive played a few matches but it seems like none of my attacks hurt the other team. I'd do melee attacks and knock people into the air but they wouldn't lose health. Maybe I just don't have a firm grasp on how things work in the multiplayer yet but I can't wait to play some more.

Jintor

I have ONE more presentation to give today and then I am temporarily free and will add everybody on the list in OP and play until my eyes bleed

hatchx

Banned
Damn, level
is really hard. I tried it on 8.5 and couldn't even get through the flying part. Got knocked down to 6.5 before barely beating the boss.

Damn, level
is really hard. I tried it on 8.5 and couldn't even get through the flying part. Got knocked down to 6.5 before barely beating the boss.

That Chapter is one of the three that I simply cannot seem to get a 9.0 yet. Maybe it's the ridiculous length. Maybe it's the high saturation of enemies. Maybe it's the fact that it essentially had
two bosses.
Or maybe it's just that
Arlon
makes me tear up laughing, thus getting me offed with extreme prejudice by the less-than-considerate enemies.

Top Bottom