• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

OmegaZero

Damn, level
is really hard. I tried it on 8.5 and couldn't even get through the flying part. Got knocked down to 6.5 before barely beating the boss.

If it helps, I could post how I take care of some of the aerial parts.
But it really depends on your weapon...

Boogiepop

That Chapter is one of the three that I simply cannot seem to get a 9.0 yet. Maybe it's the ridiculous length. Maybe it's the high saturation of enemies. Maybe it's the fact that it essentially had
two bosses.
Or maybe it's just that
Arlon
makes me tear up laughing, thus getting me offed with extreme prejudice by the less-than-considerate enemies.

You messed up your spoiler tag, btw.

And yeah, I'm not looking forward to
the Dark Pit fight
in that chapter.

Anyway, finished chapter 7, meaning I now have 1-8 all 9.0.

Any idea how strong the
Three Sacred Treasures
are? I'm trying to figure out if they're worth using for their special enemy defeating purposes, or if they do such relatively poor damage (and I'm assuming don't carry over boosts), making it better to just rock your own stuff when trying 9.0.

Kid Icarus Uprising flowchart:
Gets/Fuses New Weapons! Oh yeah!
Chooses earlier stage, starts on Intensity 9.0. With my new weapon, this should be a piece of cake!
Starts stage, gets hit by only a few bullets, I'm good, I'm good.
Hell yeah! I am in the zone! Racking up hearts and points!
*gets hit by stealth projectile* I'm Finished!

Well back, to stage one...

The challenge keeps me coming back!

You messed up your spoiler tag, btw.

And yeah, I'm not looking forward to
the Dark Pit fight
in that chapter.

Anyway, finished chapter 7, meaning I now have 1-8 all 9.0.

Any idea how strong the
Three Sacred Treasures
are? I'm trying to figure out if they're worth using for their special enemy defeating purposes, or if they do such relatively poor damage (and I'm assuming don't carry over boosts), making it better to just rock your own stuff when trying 9.0.

I personally completed that level using my trusty Samurai Blade, as I feel far more comfortable using Blades than Bows. If Bows are your thing, though, it's a pretty good choice (good rate of fire, nice damage, plus the Mirror Shield sometimes prevents damage if you're not attacking), plus you get the added security of being able to kill Ornes. Overall, it just comes down to personal preference. Just be wary of the Tempura Wizard on 9.0. He throws three multi-hitting bombs at once and sprints at you like a flock of Japanese fangirls after Rowan Atkinson if you get hit by one.

hatchx

Banned
Kid Icarus Uprising flowchart:
Gets/Fuses New Weapons! Oh yeah!
Chooses earlier stage, starts on Intensity 9.0. With my new weapon, this should be a piece of cake!
Starts stage, gets hit by only a few bullets, I'm good, I'm good.
Hell yeah! I am in the zone! Racking up hearts and points!
*gets hit by stealth projectile* I'm Finished!

Well back, to stage one...

The challenge keeps me coming back!

I cheated and used 'tireless' and 'lightweight' to run to the boss. The boss still took me 2-3 tries.

I cheated and used 'tireless' and 'lightweight' to run to the boss. The boss still took me 2-3 tries.

Man replaying levels with upgraded weapons feels so good though. Especially with claws and arms. Beating the pulp out of bosses with those things...so good

OmegaZero

Just beat a LvD match with 7 kills, 1 death.
My team was standing there while the enemy team beat them up.
I got turned into Dark Pit and then started raping, finished by killing the other Pit with charged cannon shots since he apparently didn't know how to dodge.

Life is good.

D-Pad

Game is pretty cool. Tons of content! It's a huge shame I'm having such trouble playing it right now, being a lefty, but that'll change when I buy the CCPro. Enough about me though...

There is this dude I know who completely sucks at this game, and rages everytime he plays multi. What do I tell him, KiuGAF? How can we help him?

Please help my friend not suck at KI:Uprising. Thanks in advance.

hatchx

Banned
Game is pretty cool. Tons of content! It's a huge shame I'm having such trouble playing it right now, being a lefty, but that'll change when I buy the CCPro. Enough about me though...

There is this dude I know who completely sucks at this game, and rages everytime he plays multi. What do I tell him, KiuGAF? How can we help him?

Just tell him to beat single player first. He is rage quitting probably because his weapons/power-ups are inferior, and those will improve with single player.

Also, you HAVE to master the turning. I can turn 180 degrees on a dime. If you can't do that, you will get killed against people like me online.

KevinCow

Banned

Pass on these pro strategies from me, a super expert video game player:

1) Shoot other people
2) Don't get shot

Tell him to get a good weapon and a strong power set before jumping in, as these factors can mean the difference between a glorious victory and a swift demise. Also remind him not to get upset if he dies, as clouded judgement and rage tactics can screw your team over in LvD or keep the opponents fed in FFA.

hatchx

Banned
The weaker the weapon, the less team energy gets lost when you die. Your friend might be pissed he is dying, but for every two of his deaths I can only die once.

D-Pad

Thanks guys! My friend appreciates the advice. :) Hopefully he'll use it to learn from his mistakes and get better.

Sometimes its good to play mutiplayer just for the random drops you get after for playing.
Especially playing with GAF, I've gotten most of the good powers from just playing in matches.

Bentendo

It's insane that I had a hard time on chapter 1 on the second difficulty when I first started. For the heck of it I went back to the first chapter on the hardest difficulty and blasted through it easily. This is definitely a game with somewhat of an unusual learning curve. Like most of Sakurai's games there's not much to it really but it oddly takes a long time to master. The controls are definitely awkward at first but I now can't imagine it any other way. I think I would actually prefer the stylus control over dual analog.

Emitan

How come you can't have all your powers on the bottom screen? Having only 3 sucks. And you can't even bind them to the face buttons.

If you only choose a small number of really good powers, they're easier to manage and activate in a pinch. For example, two of my sets are just
Ares
Armour/Heath Recovery/Transparency and Black Hole/Angelic Missile/Reflector Shield. Try to stick to powers that you KNOW you'll need, rather than what you THINK you'll need.

Jintor

Yeah, I stick to the basics. Super armour + tirelessness + reflector shields are all I really need. Anything else is bonuses

Wish jump wouldn't always be first on my powers list but them's the breaks

emb

How come you can't have all your powers on the bottom screen? Having only 3 sucks. And you can't even bind them to the face buttons.

Seriously. Another thing that really annoys me, is that it starts just displaying two, but when you slide it you can see 3 at a time. Why not just show the first three? You're right though, why not just show them all...

Any one know if there's a way to change the order that the powers are displayed in?

Any one know if there's a way to change the order that the powers are displayed in?

In my experience, there seems to be no real way of altering it. I did notice that whenever I use Poison Attack or Freeze Attack in a set they're always the first to appear, which may mean the attributes of powers determine the order they're in.

Boogiepop

Man, it took me forever to do Chapter 3 at 9.0.
And I still missed 1 chest...

I'd guess either
the one behind the little house structures where you're introduced to jump pads, or the one that spawns after you kill the snake jar.

Anyway, I just discovered that yes, my personal weapon (a pumped up Violet Palm with +5 overall defense and +3 hearts) is a lot more useful than
the three sacred treasures
for chapter 9. Even if it does make that one point a whirling tunnel of potential instant death. I managed an 8.0 clear, but I could manage a 9.0 if I was just a little better at the flying part.
Got halfway through the Gatekeeper before he knocked me down a notch.
It'd be nice if 9.0 didn't cost so much, because then I'd feel okay backing down at that point and trying again from the top, instead of having to go through the whole loooooong level just so it isn't such a big loss.

Edit: Also, screw
the bug shooting enemy. When I get locked in the room with him I get stuck shooting him instead of the other guys running around, and then they hit me which leads to me missing the melee which leads to the bug hitting me and poisoning me. Grr. He didn't get me, but he took out way too much of my health.

KevinCow

Banned
I just use Aries Armor, Pisces Heal, and Explosive Flame. The first two for an extra defense boost, the last is good for when dudes get in too close, or when they just happen to be grouped together.

OmegaZero

Edit: Also, screw
the bug shooting enemy. When I get locked in the room with him I get stuck shooting him instead of the other guys running around, and then they hit me which leads to me missing the melee which leads to the bug hitting me and poisoning me. Grr. He didn't get me, but he took out way too much of my health.

Kill the small fry first. His bugs are easy to dodge.

FYI for anyone who doesn't know, if you go to a website that has the AR cards you don't need to print them off. My 3DS could read them straight off of my monitor. I sat here for 30 minutes scanning them tonight...bumped my idols by 100!
Why do I care? I don't know...

Top Bottom