• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Emitan

HOLY SHIT YOU CAN REARRANGE THE ORDER OF OPTIONS IN THE OPTIONS MENU

WHY CAN YOU DO THAT???

It's in the Other section.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just beat the game. All Chapters cleared on 3.0 at least, many on 5.0 and a few 9.0s. Using mostly 280-290 weapons at the end. So many great chapters, and the dialogue was top notch through out. Not a really great final battle, but I guess I'm tough to please.

NeoRausch

Heh, just wanted to start a few 9.0 tries.

Me: YEAH! LET'S DO THIS! GO!GO!GO!

Game: Nope.

Me: wha...why?

Game: you ain't have no money, duuude. Suck for ya!

i'm a poor man!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Heh, just wanted to start a few 9.0 tries.

Me: YEAH! LET'S DO THIS! GO!GO!GO!

Game: Nope.

Me: wha...why?

Game: you ain't have no money, duuude. Suck for ya!

i'm a poor man!

I waste a lot of time on 9.0 runs, because I'm always strapped for hearts, so if I fail early, I just play through on 8.0 so I still earn some back.

Inkwell

Banned
Tried to play online a bit and got my butt kicked. Seems like a great way to get new weapons though. I got first place once, but I don't think that will happen again :(

It didn't help that i fused my best weapon to make a bow that kind of sucks.

Alchemy

Game is pretty interesting so far, but I can only manage a single level before my hand gives out. I think it is the combination of holding up the device with the same hand that is forming a claw trying to make use of the L button and circle pad at the same time. Controls are certainly functional though.

Tom_Cody

Game is pretty interesting so far, but I can only manage a single level before my hand gives out. I think it is the combination of holding up the device with the same hand that is forming a claw trying to make use of the L button and circle pad at the same time. Controls are certainly functional though.
I play while sitting with the DS on my right knee and my right forearm supported by my left thigh. That position is perfect for me, though this obviously isn't relevant if you aren't able to sit down while playing.

What's a good weapon or online? Seems like a good club with homing bonuses would be great.

Clubs and claws are generally considered to be the best weapons for online, but everyone's different. For example, I prefer blades, Gospel likes staves, and Prinny has his palm.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Tried to play online a bit and got my butt kicked. Seems like a great way to get new weapons though. I got first place once, but I don't think that will happen again :(

It didn't help that i fused my best weapon to make a bow that kind of sucks.

Try Light vs Dark. It's a bit more forgiving while you're still weaker and learning to play online and you still obtain weapons and hearts.

So I'm super close to completely loving this game. But god damn, the controls. :(

I do all of my handheld gaming in bed, and this thing is basically a nightmare unless you're sitting at a desk with the stand. I wish they would have just let you use standard shooter controls with the CCPro. That or just make this a Wii game.

KevinCow

Banned
Clubs and claws are generally considered to be the best weapons for online, but everyone's different. For example, I prefer blades, Gospel likes staves, and Prinny has his palm.

I hate claws so much. I was playing against one guy with Pandora Claws. He'd do his melee combo and knock me in the air. Then while I was in the air, he'd do a back dash charged attack to make a giant Pandora thing appear, which I unavoidably landed in when I came down. Took off almost all my health in one go.

Inkwell

Banned
Try Light vs Dark. It's a bit more forgiving while you're still weaker and learning to play online and you still obtain weapons and hearts.

I went into this but couldn't get a game started. I'll probably try it out tonight sometime after my 3DS finishes charging.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
So I'm super close to completely loving this game. But god damn, the controls. :(

I do all of my handheld gaming in bed, and this thing is basically a nightmare unless you're sitting at a desk with the stand. I wish they would have just let you use standard shooter controls with the CCPro. That or just make this a Wii game.

How do you hold the 3DS? I put it on my chest while I'm on bed and have no problems whatsoever playing it.

I hate claws so much. I was playing against one guy with Pandora Claws. He'd do his melee combo and knock me in the air. Then while I was in the air, he'd do a back dash charged attack to make a giant Pandora thing appear, which I unavoidably landed in when I came down. Took off almost all my health in one go.

Stealth Claws are where it's at.

Right now I'm sporting a Viper Blade, which is pretty fun. I've always been a sucker for poisoning opponents, in any game.

Insaniac

even better is to play nearby mode LvD with some low bots to get a feel for the multiplayer. Avoid running into chaotic battles. Learn your preferred playstyle.

edit: oops double post :p

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
nlKqp.gif

Emitan

OH GOD THESE BEAR CLAWS

RIP AND TEAR RIP AND TEAR

Also the charge attack is great for ring outs

EDIT: HAHAHAH just went 6-0 with them

How do you hold the 3DS? I put it on my chest while I'm on bed and have no problems whatsoever playing it.

My neck hurts when I try doing that. I play sitting halfway upright, leaning against the backboard. By the time I finish one level both of my hands are aching bad. They hurt playing with the stand too, but I can usually last a bit longer.

Overall the controls are just painful (literally)... I've been playing 3D Classic Kid Icarus way more than the new one due to my hands feeling more comfortable, heh,

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My neck hurts when I try doing that. I play sitting halfway upright, leaning against the backboard. By the time I finish one level both of my hands are aching bad. They hurt playing with the stand too, but I can usually last a bit longer.

Overall the controls are just painful (literally)... I've been playing 3D Classic Kid Icarus way more than the new one due to my hands feeling more comfortable, heh,

lay on your belly and play

Busaiku

Gah, I hate it when I get to Thanatos at 9.0, probably close to beating him, but then I just get killed by those stupid skulls/lasers.

Cheska

Is there a list anywhere of weapon combinations? I feel like I'm always getting a ton of arms/clubs and not a whole lot of anything else :(

Top Bottom