• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Boney

Banned
SLAFU.png

this is better than ki in it's entirety

Fun games, Greg
edit: Scrafty noo don't go

Sorry bro, but it seems I'm having a bit of an off day. I was up until 3:00 AM finishing a Professional Writing assignment, so maybe that has something to do with my apparent lack of fine motor skills. It IS a long weekend, though, so we'll have lots of time to play again later.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
GG Jintor
These last few night have been great, light vs dark has grown on me big time :)

For sure :)

Sorry bro, but it seems I'm having a bit of an off day. I was up until 3:00 AM finishing a Professional Writing assignment, so maybe that has something to do with my apparent lack of fine motor skills. It IS a long weekend, though, so we'll have lots of time to play again later.
Haha, I understand completely. I've got a paper to type up this weekend myself. Guess what I'll be playing instead

KevinCow

Banned
I really wish this game had a good way to record and spectate matches. I think the mechanics are interesting and unique enough that it could develop at least a small competitive scene... but without some way to share those matches, I don't see it going very far.

Jarsonot

I really wish this game had a good way to record and spectate matches. I think the mechanics are interesting and unique enough that it could develop at least a small competitive scene... but without some way to share those matches, I don't see it going very far.

That and the lack of voice chat, or even messaging. There's so many times I've wanted to congratulate/curse someone, or even explain that I'm trying out new things, or whatever. Communication would be nice.

That and the lack of voice chat, or even messaging. There's so many times I've wanted to congratulate/curse someone, or even explain that I'm trying out new things, or whatever. Communication would be nice.

Portable multiplayer can't truly advance until this is standardized.

Jarsonot

Portable multiplayer can't truly advance until this is standardized.

Yup. I know Nintendo wants to be family friendly, but I think voice chat with friends should be fine. If you've taken the trouble to exchange codes with people you should be able to talk with 'em. Everyone has a mic! It's built in!

Le sigh.

KevinCow

Banned
Metroid Prime Hunters had voice chat with friends.

Six years ago.

On the original DS.

Come on Sakurai.

Yeah it was only in the lobby and not during gameplay, but still.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
My guess is the lack of voice chat was probably latency related. Or they didn't think of it in time or something.

I can't count the amount of times I've yelled at my team's angel "stay alive dude, I'm almost there!" knowing they can't hear me.

My guess is the lack of voice chat was probably latency related. Or they didn't think of it in time or something.

I can't count the amount of times I've yelled at my team's angel "stay alive dude, I'm almost there!" knowing they can't hear me.

And I can't count the number of times I've screamed "CAN YOU LEAVE THAT GUY ALONE FOR ONE SECOND AND SAVE ME FROM GET GANG RAPED BY BOTH OF HIS TEAMMATES" at random people while I'm the angel. You guys seem to be a lot better at knowing when I need help, though. Maybe we have some kind of psychic connection 0_o (or you noticed my health bar is depleting. Either one, really.)

In my opinion, the randomized weapon that you get upon becoming an angel completely screws over your team more often than not. I can't remember how many times I've been saddled with some rubbish cannon that I don't know how to use and end up costing my team the game. I mean, they could at least show us its stats between lives so we know what kind of strategy to use.

/endrant

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
And I can't count the number of times I've screamed "CAN YOU LEAVE THAT GUY ALONE FOR ONE SECOND AND SAVE ME FROM GET GANG RAPED BY BOTH OF HIS TEAMMATES" at random people while I'm the angel. You guys seem to be a lot better at knowing when I need help, though. Maybe we have some kind of psychic connection 0_o (or you noticed my health bar is depleting. Either one, really.)

In my opinion, the randomized weapon that you get upon becoming an angel completely screws over your team more often than not. I can't remember how many times I've been saddled with some rubbish cannon that I don't know how to use and end up costing my team the game. I mean, they could at least show us its stats between lives so we know what kind of strategy to use.

/endrant

Yea, that too. I feel that in the interest of fairness, it might've been a bit better if they gave both angels the same weapon. That way you're at least on an even playing field with the other angel weapon-wise. Of course, if the other angel is better than you are with that weapon you're kinda screwed anyway.

Busaiku

My problem is that I've only ever used Palms, so pretty much every other weapon is useless.
At least it's a good thing that Pit/Dark Pit do a ton more damage.

But holding onto L with a Club/Cannon just sucks.

Inkwell

Banned
I'm not a fan of the multiplayer at all. It's too hard for me to tell what's going on half of the time, and I just can't get used to these controls enough to enjoy it. Had some strange things happen in multiplayer as well, like people going through walls and my melee attack not working at all. I might play a little more just to get some items, but I think I'll stick to the single player portion.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
My two best weapons right now are:

Royal Blade Ranged 6 Melee 4 Value 285
Shot Homing +1 - Standing cont. fire +1, Forward-dash cont. fire+ 1, Melee combo +1, In-peril autododge +1.

Arlon Orbitars Ranged 6 Melee 4.5 Value 287
Confusion +1 - Speed +1 - Forward-dash cont. fire +1 - Melee combo +1, In-peril autododge +1

Both purely from fusing. I have a few right below them in value, but they don't yet craft into anything I really want.

So I noticed a few things...

The dialogue changes depending on what Hewdraw head you defeat first. I thought that was pretty cool.
Also when you choose not to wear the Sacred Treasures on Chapter 9.

Also anyone notice that the top of the Space Pirate ship looks like Ridley? You can only see it from certain angles, but the wings and the "head", it's all there.

Perhaps I should try making a multiplayer-specific weapon before jumping into the mode.

And getting better at the game. Sorry, teammates. :/

Twas fun though!

Gravijah

I BROKE DOOM. DESTROYED. MASSACRED.
Perhaps I should try making a multiplayer-specific weapon before jumping into the mode.

And getting better at the game. Sorry, teammates. :/

Twas fun though!

no, it was fine. we had a couple of new people playing. and most of us in that game were still learning.

Top Bottom