• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Ketch

How many chapters are there? I'm on 13, made it most of the way through and then died at the tank section... stupid ass tank controls...

Emitan

Oh man those canons I was using near the end are great. GREAT.

It's a shame almost every canon I forge has better damage, but I don't like the way it handles.

I would go for clubs or cannons but I would need to practice like crazy... I much prefer agility to overall strength.

But when my staff is going "pew pew pew" and then there are explosions and lasers and all of a sudden I'm a poisoned frozen confused mess and I see billychu's giant megacannon of insta-death and I know the end is near... yeah. I need to figure something out.

Emitan

Fucking hate you laser spammers. Especially on that one temple level where two of you used them at the beginning of the match.

RagnarokX

omfg I just had the best win ever in light vs dark

I was chasing the enemy Dark Pit, who was quite fast despite having a black club, around the Spiral Tower map. He was on his last legs, but so was our Pit. I ran after him and he chucked the huge blocky projectile at me. I hit it with my magnus club like a baseball bat and sent it flying back into him, killing him :D

Emitan

Secret best multiplayer game of the year so far. I'm excluding Journey for some reason I can't really explain.. but yeah. Awesome.

Lucent

omfg I just had the best win ever in light vs dark

I was chasing the enemy Dark Pit, who was quite fast despite having a black club, around the Spiral Tower map. He was on his last legs, but so was our Pit. I ran after him and he chucked the huge blocky projectile at me. I hit it with my magnus club like a baseball bat and sent it flying back into him, killing him :D

LOL! That sounds hilarious. =D

OMG Aero

I love how the game says to coordinate with other players. HOW? HOW DO I DO THAT?

I love that one of the loading screen tips is "If you are the angel, sometimes it is better to hide than fight. If you find the other team's angel, let your team know."
Sure thing game, oh wait I can't communicate with them.

Riposte

Haha, ugh. Got OHK by an enemy... didn't even show the death animation... Took three tries to reach that boss and I'm playing with a "no deaths" run (6.0 intensity).

So can anyone explain what is happening when (late game spoilers) in chapter
24 the Sacred Treasures or w/e does that black hole thing? It killed me instantly and I rather not go through the entire level again a few times lol.

Haha, ugh. Got OHK by an enemy... didn't even show the death animation... Took three tries to reach that boss and I'm playing with a "no deaths" run (6.0 intensity).

24 the Sacred Treasures or w/e does that black hole thing? It killed me instantly and I rather not go through the entire level again a few times lol.
That killed me a few times over.
It only affects portion of the plattform, quickly look out for the safe spot and dash away.

RagnarokX

It's a massive laser that destroys half of the platform. You stood in front of it. Don't do that. :p Don't stand on the glowing pink part of the platform.

KevinCow

Banned
In-peril auto-dodge is great, but it sure doesn't work well with Pisces Heal.

"Hey, I'm low on health. Better throw on some Pisces Heal to get some back."

Turn it on. Auto-dodge every attack during its duration.

Wears off. Don't auto-dodge the next attack. Dead.

Jarsonot

Having a hard time getting the
see all of Thanatos' forms
achievement! I bide my time forever, baby hitting him to egg him on...

I've seen
bats, nesting dolls, foot, and skull pot thing
- what am I missing? I've only tried this achievement on 5.0, do I need a higher difficulty?

I've seen
- what am I missing? I've only tried this achievement on 5.0, do I need a higher difficulty?

Sword and spears
. Try it on 8.0, that's what I got it on.
Actually, if you start on 9.0 there's a pretty sweet weapon you can get once you land

I've seen

You're only missing one--
his blade form.
Try it on a higher difficulty,
he tends to become more aggresive then.

Roto13

When are a weapon's stats set? When you pick it up, or when you finish a level?

If I pick up a weapon playing at 9.0 and die a ton of times and finish at 3.0, will it be strong or weak?

When are a weapon's stats set? When you pick it up, or when you finish a level?

If I pick up a weapon playing at 9.0 and die a ton of times and finish at 3.0, will it be strong or weak?

They're set when you finish, in order to prevent people from cheating the system.

EDIT: Beaten! GG, Aero.

McNum

I'm not quite sure what just happened, but I'll take it. Pit's health bar exploded, but he didn't die. Is that Crisis Mode?

I got me a nice pair of Hedgehog Claws now, Speed +4 is nice. But they're bad at range, the
Giant Reaper
boss in chapter 4 was hard to kill because I couldn't reach its head. I wonder if I could get the Speed +4 onto a weapon that's better at range...

I know weapons you earn decrease in value as you go down the intensities, but that's not true for weapons behind intensity gates, correct?

I got a Bomber Arm behind the Chapter 7 9.0 Intensity gate, but died three times on
Thanatos
. The other weapons were ~220, but my Bomber Arm was ~295.

NEO0MJ

I'm not quite sure what just happened, but I'll take it. Pit's health bar exploded, but he didn't die. Is that Crisis Mode?

I got me a nice pair of Hedgehog Claws now, Speed +4 is nice. But they're bad at range, the
Giant Reaper
boss in chapter 4 was hard to kill because I couldn't reach its head. I wonder if I could get the Speed +4 onto a weapon that's better at range...

Yep, that was crisis mode.
Fusion is a good idea, but the claw's speed stat is kinda high though so you might have a hard time finding a good weapon to fuse it with.

McNum

Yep, that was crisis mode.
Fusion is a good idea, but the claw's speed stat is kinda high though so you might have a hard time finding a good weapon to fuse it with.
Yeah, the only weapons I can make that'll inherit Speed +4 are clubs. Not to bash clubs, as I haven't tried them yet, but when my idea is to get a bow or other ranged weapon so I can run around and plink enemies at range, well... I don't want a club for that. Even if there is something to be said for running like a maniac with a giant blunt instrument of pain.

I take it Crisis Mode means "One more hit and you're dead!", but if you keep alive, you get the health bar back, meaning you are now two hits away from death again. Combine that with Crisis autododge and...

Also, I found this arm that seemed important. Taurus Arm. It's pretty weak, though...

I know weapons you earn decrease in value as you go down the intensities, but that's not true for weapons behind intensity gates, correct?

I got a Bomber Arm behind the Chapter 7 9.0 Intensity gate, but died three times on
Thanatos
. The other weapons were ~220, but my Bomber Arm was ~295.

Right, I believe Intensity gates stay the same or close to it. I got a Meteor Bow on that level that was 312 behind the gate, even after dying and bringing the intensity down to 7.0.

Jarsonot

Ah dammit, forgot about that form, thanks for the replies, guys.

I'll try it on a harder difficulty. I've been trying to do a lot of these achievements with my heart bonus +3 bow, which isn't good enough for 9.0 =) gotta farm those hearts!

NEO0MJ

Yeah, the only weapons I can make that'll inherit Speed +4 are clubs. Not to bash clubs, as I haven't tried them yet, but when my idea is to get a bow or other ranged weapon so I can run around and plink enemies at range, well... I don't want a club for that. Even if there is something to be said for running like a maniac with a giant blunt instrument of pain.

I take it Crisis Mode means "One more hit and you're dead!", but if you keep alive, you get the health bar back, meaning you are now two hits away from death again. Combine that with Crisis autododge and...

You can fuse it with a club the stat transfers to and then try to transfer it again, might have better luck that way.
And recovering from crisis mode doesn't guarantee you'll survive two hits. Some moves kill you anyway.

Just pulled out my 3ds to play a little icarus, and just realized for the first time that the 3ds stylus expands and can be made longer. My mind is blown right now, ive had this device since it came out.

Good games! I got 666 points in the last game... Maybe Greg is right, mwhahaha.

Can there be any doubt?

This is one of the first games I've ever played where the MP is preventing me from finishing the SP. I've been on chapter
for a week.

I was thinking yesterday about how down I was on this game prior to playing it myself because of the weird trailers and so-so impressions from people playing it at gaming events. I've never been so glad to be wrong.
Just pulled out my 3ds to play a little icarus, and just realized for the first time that the 3ds stylus expands and can be made longer. My mind is blown right now, ive had this device since it came out.
Wow, I've missed stuff like that before so I'm not even going to make fun of you.

McNum

And that's the fifth chapter done. A few close calls, I need a better gun... and to be better at the game. Still, blindly going in at 3.5 went okay.

Now I'm just going to ask, this IS Kid Icarus, right? Because I'm pretty sure I just played
Star Fox
. Maybe I'm just confused. And I'm just wondering, if the game throws this at me now, and people are saying it gets nuts later, then... This is going to get weird, isn't it?

And that's the fifth chapter done. A few close calls, I need a better gun... and to be better at the game. Still, blindly going in at 3.5 went okay.

Now I'm just going to ask, this IS Kid Icarus, right? Because I'm pretty sure I just played
Star Fox
. Maybe I'm just confused. And I'm just wondering, if the game throws this at me now, and people are saying it gets nuts later, then... This is going to get weird, isn't it?

That depends on what your definition of "weird" is. I'm strangely attracted to things some people call "weird," like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and 2001: A Space Odyssey, so I was hardened by the time the game went down the rabbit hole.

McNum

That depends on what your definition of "weird" is. I'm strangely attracted to things some people call "weird," like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and 2001: A Space Odyssey, so I was hardened by the time the game went down the rabbit hole.
Sounds promising. Gurren Lagann was a fun ride. And I have already seen a Drill Arm weapon, so maybe I should get one of those, just in case.

Sounds promising. Gurren Lagann was a fun ride. And I have already seen a Drill Arm weapon, so maybe I should get one of those, just in case.

It's kind of an unspoken rule amongst my circle of friends that we must shout "GIGA DORIRU BREAKAAAAAAAAAH" or its variants whenever we fire the charge shot of the Drill Arm. Woe is whoever happens to be around us while we're playing multiplayer.

You haven't done chapter
yet? Play it NOW! The beginning of that chapter is awesome.

My goal is to get through SP this weekend. We'll see how that goes because I get so excited whenever I see that "JOIN" option now in my friend list now that I can't resist.

Penguin

Finally finished the campaign.. and what a rollercoaster ride of a game. Some truly great highs, and even higher highs at time.

Some of the mix up they did with the final few missions.. were decent but not great, but overall amazing experience.

Top Bottom