• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Gradivus

My friend Code is 4811 7281 1858 Gradivus.

I've had the game since launch but only tried the online multi player stuff just the other day, I was a fool for not trying it out sooner.

I really need to upgrade my weapon better if I'm going to try and win any of the matches out there, my Value 281 Angel Bow seems to do jack all against a fair amount of the people on there.

I know none of you probably care anymore but...
skyworldbscwj.png
...I finished the picture. You can all go back to whatever it is you were doing...

Alfalfa

Neo Member
Does anyone have any tips for clearing Chapter 20 on Intensity 9 with a bow? I always do fine up until the final area, where I get completely wrecked by the Juggernaut/Centurion Strongarm/Centurion combo.

Raptomex

I know none of you probably care anymore but...

...I finished the picture. You can all go back to whatever it is you were doing...
That's pretty sexy. I'm going to be lazy, not read previous posts and just flat out ask what programs you used to do this. Sites are blocked at work so the link doesn't really work here. I'm always curious how people do their work. I'm going to assume you drew it first on paper?

Anteo

Does anyone have any tips for clearing Chapter 20 on Intensity 9 with a bow? I always do fine up until the final area, where I get completely wrecked by the Juggernaut/Centurion Strongarm/Centurion combo.

I got that part by using the insta kill power and play death. Try to use a fast shooting weapon too. Also, healing lvl 4 can heal you up to 45% as long as your life is not below 50%.
Lower than that, and you'll get less health per use.

Edit : I'm hosting a match right now. 3 player match, if anyonelese wants to join, post here, I'll rehost to get more players in.

Alfalfa

Neo Member
Slapped on instant death attack and after several tries I finally beat it. Thanks much Anteo. Also used my last feather on "get all powers".

Only three more challenges and I'll be done forever!

Bought it for the holidays. 45€. Ouch. It's been a while since I paid so much for a game.

Well then, the tutorial already made me smirk several times, looks like the game will be interesting.

Chapter 8, the game finally clicked with me.

At first I found it just OK, with some impressive graphics and flying sequences. I found the maniability quite tough, and my visor was going crazy in all the corners of the screen. And then I looked in the options.

Screw being able to slide the screen like a globe. Increase the speed and make the movement stop quicker. Now the game is plain awesome, I can make Pit do whatever I want !

Anteo

Chapter 8, the game finally clicked with me.

At first I found it just OK, with some impressive graphics and flying sequences. I found the maniability quite tough, and my visor was going crazy in all the corners of the screen. And then I looked in the options.

Screw being able to slide the screen like a globe. Increase the speed and make the movement stop quicker. Now the game is plain awesome, I can make Pit do whatever I want !

I actually like the default controls, though it depends, if I'm not playing with the stand, I prefer mid to high momentum. Otherwise, mid or a litle less.

Dammit NoA, why couldn't the Platinum prize be a shitload of KIU AR Cards?!

Because that WOULD have been a waste and made me angry. Anything else is just my usual expectations of "well, at least it can't be gotten anywhere else."

I think I'm still carrying like 7 series 1 boosters, and may get a bunch more in a few days.

Anteo

This thread is sad and you all should feel sad :/

I'm trying to beat chapter 14 in 9.0 but Phosphora destroys me all the time. What weapon/powers you guys recommend for that, I'm using a 6 star aurum staff with +2def and I use Health Recovery, Mega Lazer and the explosion power. I'm thiking about dropping both attacking powers and try something else.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I have been hosting a match everyday for the last week for hours at a time. I just sit in there practicing on bots hoping one of the billion people on my friends list would take notice and join in.

oh well

Anteo

I have been hosting a match everyday for the last week for hours at a time. I just sit in there practicing on bots hoping one of the billion people on my friends list would take notice and join in.

oh well

See! This thread is sad!
What happend to all the people who had this game?

I'm trying to beat chapter 14 in 9.0 but Phosphora destroys me all the time. What weapon/powers you guys recommend for that, I'm using a 6 star aurum staff with +2def and I use Health Recovery, Mega Lazer and the explosion power. I'm thiking about dropping both attacking powers and try something else.
Attack powers aren't very helpful against bosses. Pisces Heal can help a lot.

See! This thread is sad!
Playing Xenoblade!

PKrockin

I always use +4 Def or more on 9.0 runs, and healing powers. Remember to use your healing power before your health gets too low or else less of your health will be restored.

I'd try Playing Dead. Load in the highest level you have, save all the uses for Phosphora then activate it, stay still and snipe her all day.

See! This thread is sad!

Playing Tales of Graces f!

Nice, it's a charming pic that makes me smile. Pit should have been in the middle to turn it into a Harem.

BTW who's that character from your avatar (she looks familiar) and were you the one who drew said character in different poses?

Thanks!
And to answer your question, it's Mio from K-ON! and yes, I drew them all. I've drawn every avatar I've used here.

Anteo

You guys and your new games...

Attack powers aren't very helpful against bosses. Pisces Heal can help a lot.

Yeah, I noticed that those are only efective against huge bosses. I'll try Pisces Heal.

I always use +4 Def or more on 9.0 runs, and healing powers. Remember to use your healing power before your health gets too low or else less of your health will be restored.

I'd try Playing Dead. Load in the highest level you have, save all the uses for Phosphora then activate it, stay still and snipe her all day.

I'll try Play Dead too, I really don't have any good 3-4 def weapon that I can use.

Thanks!
And to answer your question, it's Mio from K-ON! and yes, I drew them all. I've drawn every avatar I've used here.

How did I miss your drawing? So good!

http://i.imgur.com/emQCF.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
:lol Right Click..

Amazon Pandora
= fetish fuel

I finished it. Overall, a pretty good game with excellent graphics, and top-notch ambiance to it (seriously, I laughed a few times with all the banter and dialogue between the protagonists). The final felt a little weak IMHO, especially compared to the previous chapters. Guess I just wish it would go on longuer. I sure hope for a sequel in the next few years

I will surely try to unlock all the paintings, so I guess that's going to take some time...

Does anybody play online here ? I tried a few times but it's such a mess (like everyone dodging each other and launching attacks hoping it will connect...)

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Does anybody play online here ? I tried a few times but it's such a mess (like everyone dodging each other and launching attacks hoping it will connect...)

no, no one here plays online anymore they are all lamers.

i felt the same way when i first started playing online. even now i still kinda think it is a hectic mess at times. but after i stuck with it for a while, i eventually i caught wind of things and adjusted.

i was practicing.

daakusedo

I played for more than 30h and find 9.0 difficulty still very 9.0...
The first thing is losing hearts, I fear, retrying again and again will ruin the count, so in this situation, that's hard to train.

So problems begin in the sky, of course.
What's the better idea, shooting quickly when monsters appear to prevent less shots or dodging a lot and relying on charge shoot? I would tend more to the latter by the fact foes have better defense.

I have the same question for the ground parts.
Often I feel overwhelmed by the closed rooms with different types of enemies.
I don't know if I have to go quickly close combat against the worst foes or keeping distance and dodging in pain while charging shoot?

Also about the weapons, do you feel you have to change it depending of the chapter or really keeping one and feel comfortable with it?

And finally does the restore health item worth it? It give me really few when I need it so I wonder if the fish healing is not better and relying more on armor powers.

Korosenai

The game is very hectic, but thats the beauty of it. Once you get the hang of the controls and an understaning of how each weapon works its awesome and seems pretty normal.

I use the Magnus Club though, so im pretty much a scrub. Just aim in the general direction of an opponent, shoot, and instant kill.

Anteo

I played for more than 30h and find 9.0 difficulty still very 9.0...
The first thing is losing hearts, I fear, retrying again and again will ruin the count, so in this situation, that's hard to train.

So problems begin in the sky, of course.
What's the better idea, shooting quickly when monsters appear to prevent less shots or dodging a lot and relying on charge shoot? I would tend more to the latter by the fact foes have better defense.

Depends on the situation and if you feel that you will kill enough enemies to make a difference. Generally, I use a charge shot to kill one or more enemies, while moving in a Circle pattern. Really small circle movements are great in 9.0, and when you feel that you won't make it, barrell roll to get the hell out of where you are and reflect some shots.

I have the same question for the ground parts.
Often I feel overwhelmed by the closed rooms with different types of enemies.
I don't know if I have to go quickly close combat against the worst foes or keeping distance and dodging in pain while charging shoot?
If you can get away hitting some enemies before they see you, do it. And try to get one enemy at a time. If you can't, consider bringing a defensive skill with you to survive.

Also about the weapons, do you feel you have to change it depending of the chapter or really keeping one and feel comfortable with it?

I stick to one weapon, a 6/0 stars aurum staff, but that's because it has +2 def and it's the best weapon I have. Also that staff hits the same at any distance, so a dashing charge shot does 180 dmg from close or really far away.

And finally does the restore health item worth it? It give me really few when I need it so I wonder if the fish healing is not better and relying more on armor powers.
It is worth. It can heal up to 45% of hp. The recovery effect depends on how much health is left. So at 50% hp, you can get close to 100%, but at 20% hp, you won't get past 40% after the effect.

daakusedo

Those advices were quite helpful.
So much that I was able to clear chapter 2 and 3 in a row.
Going round during the fly was probably the most surprising.
I was doing it but much larger and with small circle that's like magically dodging practically everything while I thought doing this would be more dangerous cause of the bullets being packed.
I was first playing with boxer claws with overall defense + 8 but that was tedious with the lack of power, the battle against Gaol was never ending.
After that with dinosaur claws and overall defense+3 but much powerful that was all good.
Thanks a lot.

Wizpig

I'm at 85 or so hours and only have 2 chapters at 9,0, lol.
95% or so.

Having too much fun doing... everything else, and i have 50 hours of gameplay and 30+ simply in the menus doing stuff.

Again, probably the most "important" Nintendo game of the post-Galaxy years (or post-Pikmin 1 years), and I hope the Project Sora dream-team gets to do something in SSB 4 @ Sora.

Oh, I'm also collecting the cards, I have that Rally Cry Pit thing but not many else rares.

Masterpiece, etc.

MarkusRJR

Ugh I'm having so many problems with the controls. I've tried to get into KI:U like 3 times but the controls keep feeling "off". I don't have any sense of precision and everything feels so loose. When I customize the controls to feel precise everything becomes slow, and in this game's case slow aiming makes the experience frustrating. I want to love the game; and I do love the majority of it. It's just the controls are so bad for me. :(

Should I keep pushing GAF? Does it get better after a while? I'm considering selling it at GS/EB Games before the trade in value goes down...

Anteo

Ugh I'm having so many problems with the controls. I've tried to get into KI:U like 3 times but the controls keep feeling "off". I don't have any sense of precision and everything feels so loose. When I customize the controls to feel precise everything becomes slow, and in this game's case slow aiming makes the experience frustrating. I want to love the game; and I do love the majority of it. It's just the controls are so bad for me. :(

Should I keep pushing GAF? Does it get better after a while? I'm considering selling it at GS/EB Games before the trade in value goes down...

Uh, that's weird, what is your setup? Most people use High Speed, Low inertia, so the speed is good and the stoping time is short.

AniHawk

started this last night because i had nothing better to do.

controls take a while to get used to, and they're pretty bad. like confusing and bad. it should have stayed a wii game because oh god shit is bad.

outside of that, the actual in-air stuff is pretty good, and i like the idea around the intensity and how it affects the levels (including extra on-ground stuff ala demon's souls). the best part so far has been the voice acting and the banter between the characters. i was surprised it wasn't awful, and actually kinda fun. good music and nice presentation in general helps save an otherwise meh game (so far).

i'm kinda looking forward to more. so that's something too (only on the 4th chapter).

Anteo

started this last night because i had nothing better to do.

controls take a while to get used to, and they're pretty bad. like confusing and bad. it should have stayed a wii game because oh god shit is bad.

I really don't know what to say about the controls. Many people have said they have problems with them, but they clicked instantly with me, and I don't recall any complaints from any of my friends that have that game. Though I can see how problematic they can be for some. It's really weird.

outside of that, the actual in-air stuff is pretty good, and i like the idea around the intensity and how it affects the levels (including extra on-ground stuff ala demon's souls). the best part so far has been the voice acting and the banter between the characters. i was surprised it wasn't awful, and actually kinda fun. good music and nice presentation in general helps save an otherwise meh game (so far).

i'm kinda looking forward to more. so that's something too (only on the 4th chapter).

The game was amazing, I really loved all the things you listed here. But yeah, looking back, I can see how those chapters that you just finished are a little weak.

For those who alredy beat the game:
So hard to word that w/o spoiling the "sorry to keep YOU waiting" thing.

Insaniac

i'm still sad there is no actual way to play with my brother online versus randoms. I would be playing it alot more if I could, but it gets old playing against just bots

Korosenai

i'm still sad there is no actual way to play with my brother online versus randoms. I would be playing it alot more if I could, but it gets old playing against just bots
I really wish they would implement the same system as MK7 where you can join your friend's game in progress.

watershed

Banned
I just got this game today, played through two chapters and I'm loving it though I do echo some of the issues people have had with the ground portions.

Also, I feel completely overwhelmed by all the options, like fusing weapons, the abilities, selling hearts, etc. I'm afraid of messing up!

AniHawk

just got through chapter six last night and damn. was not expecting that. everything regarding pandora's level was a fucking fantastic ode to the on-rails shooter (aside from the on-foot stuff).

on-foot is starting to become more interesting too. kinda surprised about that. i've been going back and trying earlier levels too. 6.0 intensity seems to be my limit without dying so far.

Chunky

Hey Icarus-Gaf, got a question for you lovely people: Has anyone else got grey spotpass gems with question-marks inside them? Anyone know they actually do?

Also, what's your favourite chapter? Mine's
Chapter 15. All that former foe banter

Hey Icarus-Gaf, got a question for you lovely people: Has anyone else got grey spotpass gems with question-marks inside them? Anyone know they actually do?

Also, what's your favourite chapter? Mine's
Chapter 15. All that former foe banter

It means you haven't unlocked that specific weapon yet.

My personal favourite chapter is probably
14, for three reasons: it introduced Pyrrhon, has a cool level design, and the flight music is my favourite track in the series.

Top Bottom