• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Tim-E

Finally got this game yesterday and I love it. The controls, weapon fusion, humor, and general gameplay make it feel so fresh and unlike anything else out there now. So good.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Finally got this game yesterday and I love it. The controls, weapon fusion, humor, and general gameplay make it feel so fresh and unlike anything else out there now. So good.

Aaaaah, another one who has just started. You can't even imagine what you'll see, my friend. Be ready for everything. And when I say everything, I mean LITERALLY everything.

Wiz

How much effort does it take to get 100% in this game? Finished the story a few days ago (loved every second) and wondering how much more time I'll have to devote to this game, not counting online mode.

How much effort does it take to get 100% in this game? Finished the story a few days ago (loved every second) and wondering how much more time I'll have to devote to this game, not counting online mode.

I have almost 100 hours logged and I still don't have perfect completion (darn you, Eggplant Attack and Warp!), so it really just depends on luck.

Wiz

I have almost 100 hours logged and I still don't have perfect completion (darn you, Eggplant Attack and Warp!), so it really just depends on luck.

Ah okay. I wont worry about it too much then, I'm still missing some stickers in Smash Bros, so that shows that I have bad luck. :p

PK Gaming

It took me 113 hours to 100% the game. (finishing all chapters on 9.0, beating boss rush on all 3 difficulty modes, completing all 3 treasure hunt boards)

As a result of that, my clear percentage is at 101%.

Funny thing too, i'm STILL playing this game haha.

Wiz

It took me 113 hours to 100% the game. (finishing all chapters on 9.0, beating boss rush on all 3 difficulty modes, completing all 3 treasure hunt boards)

As a result of that, my clear percentage is at 101%.

Funny thing too, i'm STILL playing this game haha.

Nice. This game deserves that amount of time! I think I'll be playing for a while anyways.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
A good Eyetrack Orbitars user is quite possibly the worst thing to ever encounter online.

Ended up running into this one guy who was in permanent beast mode with the thing. If he hadn't left the game after schooling my team thrice in a row, I prolly would've rage quit. makes me shake just thinking about it, lol.

My staff can cancel out his shots but his orbitars has a high range and homing modifier on it tho, so it's like I have to somehow out-charge him with my shots and at the same time keep in perfect range for my shots to hit him.

Korosenai

A good Eyetrack Orbitars user is quite possibly the worst thing to ever encounter online.

Ended up running into this one guy who was in permanent beast mode with the thing. If he hadn't left the game after schooling my team thrice in a row, I prolly would've rage quit. makes me shake just thinking about it, lol.

My staff can cancel out his shots but his orbitars has a high range and homing modifier on it tho, so it's like I have to somehow out-charge him with my shots and at the same time keep in perfect range for my shots to hit him.

I still have nightmares from this one game I played with an eyetrack orbitar user.

He had 330 value eyetrack orbitars, one hit killing everyone through walls. It had +4 shot homing. Literally impossible to escape from.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I still have nightmares from this one game I played with an eyetrack orbitar user.

He had 330 value eyetrack orbitars, one hit killing everyone through walls. It had +4 shot homing. Literally impossible to escape from.

Through walls? god man, you should be glad he didn't have invisible shots on too because at that point the only escape is to just quit, lol.

Korosenai

Through walls? god man, you should be glad he didn't have invisible shots on too because at that point the only escape is to just quit, lol.

Yea, I forgot exactly what powers he was using, but it was on the lava map, and he would just stand in the center of the map invincible (from one of his powers) shooting people whenever he wanted to because of the range and how small the map is.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Yea, I forgot exactly what powers he was using, but it was on the lava map, and he would just stand in the center of the map invincible shooting people whenever he wanted to because of the range and how small the map is.

Funny, the lava map was one of the maps he murked me in.

I declare Eyetrack Orbitars Metaknight-tier in this game.

Sagitario

I wish I knew how to fuse good weapons. All my weapons suck :(

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I wish I knew how to fuse good weapons. All my weapons suck :(
When I want certain mods on my weapons I just make sure both parent weapons share the same mods. Following that habit is really helpful in building weapons that have the mods I want on them. It's when I get greedy that the system falls apart lol.

Dr.Hadji

I have been looking for a way to get some consistent practice and matches in Kid Icarus.

It seems that organizing teams of 3 v 3 is not easy. So we have to do a bit of work ourselves.

If anyone knows of any tools that other communities are using for Kid Icarus, I'd love to hear about it. Otherwise, I have a google calendar that I've set up just for posting Kid Icarus availability throughout the week. It's public and if I share it with you, you'll be able to post on it freely. Just PM me with your gmail and I can add you to the calendar. Otherwise, you can simply email me or contact me some other way for me to update it for you. I'm fine either way.

I think a calendar set up would be ideal here. This way we wouldn't have to look through posts to see who's playing. Also calendar organizes all of the time zone stuff. Notice how I've already set up a time window for when my team will be ready to play.

I have a lot of experience organizing tournaments and other gaming events. So if you'll work with me a bit, I can make this smoother for anyone who wants to play.

Thanks

Korosenai

I think the main reason it's so hard to find matches is because this OT is basically dead.

There needs to be an official 3DS thread on the gaming discussion side, that way you have all of the 3ds users checking it out and it would be easier to find people to play.

But I do agree with you Hadji, the calender is a great start, and if you could pass it around through all of the communities (IcarusGAF, NWR, etc.) then it would be really helpful.

I just added you from that calender as well. I haven't played this game in a while, but i'm looking to start playing it again. My FC is 5155-3032-4812 if you want to add me back.

Dr.Hadji

There needs to be an official 3DS thread on the gaming discussion side, that way you have all of the 3ds users checking it out and it would be easier to find people to play.

But I do agree with you Hadji, the calender is a great start, and if you could pass it around through all of the communities (IcarusGAF, NWR, etc.) then it would be really helpful.

I just added you from that calender as well. I haven't played this game in a while, but i'm looking to start playing it again. My FC is 5155-3032-4812 if you want to add me back.

I will do my best to let different communities know about it. I'm still wondering if there's a better solution that combines the calendar with an always-open group chat so that everyone looking for anyone knows where to look. I think that would be another important feature. I'll look into it.

I'll add you when I get home. Haven't played much in a while either.

Korosenai

I will do my best to let different communities know about it. I'm still wondering if there's a better solution that combines the calendar with an always-open group chat so that everyone looking for anyone knows where to look. I think that would be another important feature. I'll look into it.

I'll add you when I get home. Haven't played much in a while either.

A 3DS OT in gaming side would be perfect. I don't know if anyone would make one though.

Dr.Hadji

A 3DS OT in gaming side would be perfect. I don't know if anyone would make one though.

Not everyone has a NeoGaf account. And indirect conversation is hard to work with when trying to coordinate matches and the like.

I'm sure a 3DS OT would help a lot though. hmm

Korosenai

Not everyone has a NeoGaf account. And indirect conversation is hard to work with when trying to coordinate matches and the like.

I'm sure a 3DS OT would help a lot though. hmm

Didn't think about that, good point. I can't really think of anything else that has an open group chat whenever you want to use it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I know you guys probably got like 1000 posts about the controls, but I'm kind of at a loss too...
I have the Circle Pad Pro but I'm still confused on what to do.

Korosenai

I know you guys probably got like 1000 posts about the controls, but I'm kind of at a loss too...
I have the Circle Pad Pro but I'm still confused on what to do.
If youre left handed, use the CPP. If youre right handed, dont.

It was built in too late in the development cycle so its really only for left handed players.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
If youre left handed, use the CPP. If youre right handed, dont.

It was built in too late in the development cycle so its really only for left handed players.

I see. Right-handed here...
Ah well, I can use the CPP for Kingdom Hearts and other games.

Randdalf

I just got 8 packs of Kid Icarus AR cards from Club Nintendo, 3 months after I ordered them. Might give me a reason to finally finish this game, I haven't had the time to play past chapter 7 yet.

Korosenai

I just got 8 packs of Kid Icarus AR cards from Club Nintendo, 3 months after I ordered them. Might give me a reason to finally finish this game, I haven't had the time to play past chapter 7 yet.

DTQTP.gif

:p

This was posted in the Smash Bros thread:
http://www.cubed3.com/news/16920

Adam Riley: Were there any ideas and features you considered including in the final game, but eventually removed? Could you please share one or more examples?

Sakurai-san: There were lots of such ideas, but I’d rather not talk openly about them. In development we came up with lots of ideas and had to abandon those which we would not be able to implement in time. Also, when we were first coming up with the storyline, we actually had 3 more chapters that we had to give up on quite early on.

Korosenai

I'll be sure to be available Friday evening for the event
Ill try to make it. I havent played this game in a while, would be nice to play. Ive still got to beat every mission on 9.0 intensity as well. Im probably the only guy in the world who has 100+ hours played and I only have 3 missions beat on 9.

jamcclain

Neo Member
Hello all. im new to this site and would love to play online with you guys. Name is JAM. My friend code is on the spread sheet in the first post. cheers

Dr.Hadji

The calendar I made is here.

Some of us are hanging out for hour or so if anyone else want so play. Group chat here:

http://mibbit.com/?channel=#theuprising&server=irc.mibbit.net

Hello all. im new to this site and would love to play online with you guys. Name is JAM. My friend code is on the spread sheet in the first post. cheers

Welcome. I think the best way to play with us is to check the calendar and enter the chat room when there's an event. This Friday looks like there will be 6 of us playing.

MarkusRJR

I've been trying to get a hang of the controls but I can't find a good configuration. What're the settings everyone is using (aiming is my main problem)?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I've been trying to get a hang of the controls but I can't find a good configuration. What're the settings everyone is using (aiming is my main problem)?
This is what my current setup looks like:

I use a staff primarily and it's the setup that has worked great for me after a ton of tinkering.

I take pictures of each setup i've used before and they're all pretty different but have served different purposes. So if you would like me to post more if the above doesn't work for you, i will.

Anteo

Try a high speed low inertia setup.
And practice, practice a lot, it's likely that you won't get the controls right away. It's like learning to use Dual Analogs for the first time.

GWX

And practice, practice a lot, it's likely that you won't get the controls right away. It's like learning to use Dual Analogs for the first time.

I also recommend this setup. Make sure to put your y-axis speed on the slowest, too, so you won't make your reticle go up and down by accident while flicking the stylus.

By the way, I just finished the very last chapter. Wow, what a ride! And it seems I still have plenty of stuff (I mean *plenty*, seriously) to do, I'm impressed.

MarkusRJR

I never learnt how to use dual analogs or even keyboard + mice. ;_;

I can't play 90% of all shooters when I use a monitor or TV. I get really nauseous or sick a lot of the time so I just tend too avoid them. I get the majority of FPS gaming from handhelds (so basically none). I could strangely play a lot of pointer based FPS without getting sick also (Metroid Prime Trilogy, The Conduit 1/2, Red Steel 1/2). My FPS experience began with Metroid Prime Hunters, and then expanded to Metroid Prime Trilogy (once I learnt I didn't get sick from it), and eventually some more Wii shooters. It might be because I focus more on the actual reticle when playing that I don't get sick. Hopefully Wii U games use pointer controls too or I'll never get to play good shooters.

Wow. I went off on a random tangent there. Anyway I'll try out the game some more and hopefully I'll find something that works. Thanks for the help.

In the next Kid Icarus game that comes out in another twenty-five years, I want them to do something with Palutena's "Power of Caging!" from the anime short.

Maybe she can use it to capture some GOOD slaves.

...like me. :x

wingz

I just started this game and played 2 levels. Man, this is the killer app I was waiting for the 3DS to have. It uses every functions of the 3DS very well. I am already getting used to the default controls, even though I'm left handed.

Anteo

I just started this game and played 2 levels. Man, this is the killer app I was waiting for the 3DS to have. It uses every functions of the 3DS very well. I am already getting used to the default controls, even though I'm left handed.

You are in for a long, amazing ride. Enjoy it!

Top Bottom