• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Anteo

I might get this soon. So you can't control the camera at all with the L/R buttons? Camera control via the touch screen seems very nauseating to me.

By L/R buttons you mean like the KH:DDD demo? Because that was awful =/ (Turned me off, I was going to give the franchise a try) Though I won't say touch screen is better (I belive it is, but is a matter of preference) Also, this game is a shooter, so shooting w/o controling the Y axis? Not an option.

I understand the camera looks problematic, so if you can, try it with a friend's copy or shomething, otherwise don't bother, you probably won't enjoy it if you alredy think is going to be bad.

Apoc87

Banned
Is there any way I can STOP the intensity from dropping every time I die?

Also, is there any way to change gear after dying without having to re-start the chapter?

Also, the game is bad ass.

AniHawk

just beat the game and...

well it just should have been an on-rails game. it wouldn't have been a particularly great on-rails game, but it would have been all right. and maybe with more effort going to those segments, they could have been better. the on-foot segments were pretty fucking bad, and that's without taking the camera into effect. the amount of multitasking with the touch controls at the bottom of the screen in addition to shooting/meleeing shit really sucked. it was the suckiest bunch of suck that ever sucked. but then you add the camera controls and why the fuck didn't they just leave this as a wii game?

the big plus here is the presentation, and the game portion is really undeserving of all the great performances and fun writing. it got a smile out of me several times, and i think localization did an outstanding job.

there were some parts i really liked- like pandora's level, the all-shooting level, and maybe a few others i can't remember off the top of my head. but for a 10.5 hour game, it felt considerably longer due to the mostly samey and generally uninspired on-foot segments.

Santiako

I've been playing this the last couple of days (since I got my XL) and the game is incredible. I just beat chapter 18, which I definetly did not see coming. I love the randomness of the story, haha.

Spike

Just wanted to let you guys know, there is a scan for a new card that was just released:

412-AKDJ.jpg

You can get scans for all the cards here.

daakusedo

The chapter 7 intensity 9 gate was made for you to not leave.
I was going for clearing chapter with a new meteor bow defense +5 and continuous fire +4 and get in with no fear.
But...
The shooting hand shaped monster respawning with a Shelbo trying to catch you with its tornado is not sane at all.
I escaped at the back of the room just to notice the floor was electrified, quickly going in a little corner with a treasure chest.
But...
New monsters attacking, go back to beginning... finally getting rid of the shelbo and used all the invincibility and heal powers on the last monsters.
So glad the put a drink of the gods in the end.
And the cherry on the cake, cleared the chapter too.

This game never ends.

PK Gaming

Just wanted to let you guys know, there is a scan for a new card that was just released:

412-AKDJ.jpg

You can get scans for all the cards here.

THE FINAL CARD! THEY SAID IT WASN'T REAL BUT DEEP DOWN I BELIEVED.

After I scan it, I will 101% the game completely. (Just gotta get my 3ds back from repairs)

DjRoomba

Banned
just beat the game and...

well it just should have been an on-rails game. it wouldn't have been a particularly great on-rails game, but it would have been all right. and maybe with more effort going to those segments, they could have been better. the on-foot segments were pretty fucking bad, and that's without taking the camera into effect. the amount of multitasking with the touch controls at the bottom of the screen in addition to shooting/meleeing shit really sucked. it was the suckiest bunch of suck that ever sucked. but then you add the camera controls and why the fuck didn't they just leave this as a wii game?

the big plus here is the presentation, and the game portion is really undeserving of all the great performances and fun writing. it got a smile out of me several times, and i think localization did an outstanding job.

there were some parts i really liked- like pandora's level, the all-shooting level, and maybe a few others i can't remember off the top of my head. but for a 10.5 hour game, it felt considerably longer due to the mostly samey and generally uninspired on-foot segments.

dude you suck. its really not that difficult to get the hang of the controls after a few chapters, you were obviously doing something seriously wrong

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
The game is actually 100 ~ 200 hours long, when you factor in multiplayer, achievements, collectables and lvl 9.0 runs.
unfortunately, i've clocked in about 278 hours and only have up to chapter 12 9.0'd. i don't even have all the weapons yet lol.

someday though. someday.

DjRoomba

Banned
nah really. you suck. if you played through the whole game and still couldn't work it. If something like camera control breaks a game for you then this is something i dont understand as well. Just recognize its something different and adapt to it. Not every game has to play the same. And Im definitely glad its not on the Wii. On the Wii U it would be kinda cool, but what are you gonna do.

Santiako

Just played chapters
21 and 22
, the awesome
Pit II all flying chapter 22
almost made up for the awful chapter before, who thought that was a good idea?
I'll get to what I assume is the last chapter.

Santiako

Great, it wasn't the last chapter. :D

That bomberman-like boss was weird though, the camera was too far and it made the control harder.

Anteo

or level design.

I'd like a more cinematic game, and kill cams! And cats, yeah this game was missing cats.

In all seriousness, I really loved the game, and the controls were awesome, I didn't have any problems beside the "run and you fall" in Pandora's Labyrinth, but I learned how to deal with that, which I belive made me enjoy the game even more.

Great, it wasn't the last chapter. :D

That bomberman-like boss was weird though, the camera was too far and it made the control harder.

You should spoiler tag the number of the chaptes in your other post,
any chapter after 9 is secret imo.
Also:
Ch 9 : Medusa's final battle: Yeah, is HER final battle.
Ch 23 : Lord of the Underworld: He IS the stage.

Edit: And after you beat the final boss, please do not turn off your 3ds, stay in the final screen for a while(5 mins I think), something amazing will happen, and then the game will get you back to the Main Menu.

tauroxd

Edit: And after you beat the final boss, please do not turn off your 3ds, stay in the final screen for a while(5 mins I think), something amazing will happen, and then the game will get you back to the Main Menu.

What? :( I just finished the games last night... It was MUCH, MUCH better that I would ever dream of. Seriously it just was... AMAZING... And yes, the control scheme kinda suck because it made my hands feel pain, but, well I just decided to not play for too long, 2 o 3 chapters per session.

I loved the dialogs and voice over... The localizations was awesome.

I'm going to start recommending this game to everybody.

Anteo

What? :( I just finished the games last night... It was MUCH, MUCH better that I would ever dream of. Seriously it just was... AMAZING... And yes, the control scheme kinda suck because it made my hands feel pain, but, well I just decided to not play for too long, 2 o 3 chapters per session.

I loved the dialogs and voice over... The localizations was awesome.

I'm going to start recommending this game to everybody.

So you didn't hear
Hades talking in the "THE END" screen with the feather? =/
Yeah this game is awesome, in the top 5 games of all time for me, easily

tauroxd

So you didn't hear
Hades talking in the "THE END" screen with the feather? =/
Yeah this game is awesome, in the top 5 games of all time for me, easily

No :/ didn't hear that :( and oh man... I see you have an awesome avatar... I really suck at creating ones... I just made I mess of the Viridi one I have... any chance that you could help me make one with this image, please.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/kidicarus/images/2/25/Forces_of_Nature_-_Viridi.png

Edit: Oh! XD I saw what you mentioned in the Spoiler thread XD awesome.

Boney

Banned
So picked this up again and starting clearing levels in 9.0

Got the first 7 levels down already :)

No :/ didn't hear that :( and oh man... I see you have an awesome avatar... I really suck at creating ones... I just made I mess of the Viridi one I have... any chance that you could help me make one with this image, please.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/kidicarus/images/2/25/Forces_of_Nature_-_Viridi.png

Edit: Oh! XD I saw what you mentioned in the Spoiler thread XD awesome.

Ask in this thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390648

Firemop

Neo Member
Me, DrHadji and Kirbykid still play every Friday around 7PM. We are always up for matches. Also, if you'd like to play at a different time during the week, let DrHadji know and he can put it on the google calendar he made in order to coordinate efforts to play each other in KIU. We still look forward to being able to play Team IcarusGAF one of these days!

Korosenai

Me, DrHadji and Kirbykid still play every Friday around 7PM. We are always up for matches. Also, if you'd like to play at a different time during the week, let DrHadji know and he can put it on the google calendar he made in order to coordinate efforts to play each other in KIU. We still look forward to being able to play Team IcarusGAF one of these days!

I'd love to play you guys. I'll try to get on this Friday if I can.

Dr.Hadji

Hadji, the calendar says 7pm - 9pm. What time zone?

I thought that google calendar always updated the information according to your time zone. I'm in central time btw.

Is the calendar showing a play time for tomorrow. The next even should be for next friday the 17th, since I'll be moving tomorrow.

There's a slim chance my team will be up for some games tomorrow at some point within the 7pm-9pm time block. But I don't want to make any promises.

Top Bottom