• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Celegus

I also picked this up at the BB sale with my XL, and it's great! I'm on level 5 so far. I love the huge variety of weapons, although it doesn't explain much of the differences between them. I wish it would at least give you a description of the modifiers, but I'm sure I can look that up online (i.e. what is "shaking" +4?). I'll probably try out the online once I'm a little more comfortable and get further in.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I also picked this up at the BB sale with my XL, and it's great! I'm on level 5 so far. I love the huge variety of weapons, although it doesn't explain much of the differences between them. I wish it would at least give you a description of the modifiers, but I'm sure I can look that up online (i.e. what is "shaking" +4?). I'll probably try out the online once I'm a little more comfortable and get further in.

Yah, a few of the weapon mod descriptions weren't clear to me until i played online and looked at the ones other players used. stuff like shaking makes perfect sense when someone hits you with a weapon that has it, haha. (it makes the crosshair spaz out)

Celegus

Yah, a few of the weapon mod descriptions weren't clear to me until i played online and looked at the ones other players used. stuff like shaking makes perfect sense when someone hits you with a weapon that has it, haha. (it makes the crosshair spaz out)

Weird. So is that useful at all for the story levels?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano

I have no idea, but i doubt it. Unlike most of the other weapon mods like Freezing, Petrify, or etc, I don't remember if Shaking shows anything on your character or enemies when they are affected by it. So trying it against enemies in the story levels and noticing any difference might be tough.

Murrah

Banned

It's been a long time since I've played, but for beating levels on 9.0 at least I only used weapons and abilities that gave buffs to Pit as opposed to negative effects on enemies. I'd probably just go for stuff like heal, item and attack boosts on your weapons, though obviously you have a lot of freedom depending on your playstyle

So when do y'all do multiplayer matches, Friday nights? I'd love to get back into this since I haven't played since May, but I'm not usually home then. I guess I'll just try and keep a watch on this thread in the future for other times matches are going on

Vibed

I signed up for GAF a few weeks after Kid Icarus came out. Even though I knew I wouldn't be able to join the thread until months later, I really wanted to share my love of this game too.

I probably stopped playing around late May and had
the first 19 chapters
beaten on 9.0 as well as
212 of the 360
treasure hunt achievements done. I want to go back and finish the rest of them and play some multiplayer with you guys, but I fear I might suck too hard for guys like NubInaTub...

Anteo

I signed up for GAF a few weeks after Kid Icarus came out. Even though I knew I wouldn't be able to join the thread until months later, I really wanted to share my love of this game too.

I probably stopped playing around late May and had
the first 19 chapters
beaten on 9.0 as well as
212 of the 360
treasure hunt achievements done. I want to go back and finish the rest of them and play some multiplayer with you guys, but I fear I might suck too hard for guys like NubInaTub...

Awesome avatar!
Don't worry, the total chaos in battle will only confuse him and give us a chance.
We will actually get destroyed by him so... Just play to have fun

Vibed

I forgot how friends work on this game. I added my name to Google Docs and added a few of the prominent players to my friendlist. Assuming they come online every week with little exceptions, only one of them has to add me back right?

Korosenai

I forgot how friends work on this game. I added my name to Google Docs and added a few of the prominent players to my friendlist. Assuming they come online every week with little exceptions, only one of them has to add me back right?

The google docs aren't used that much anymore, especially since this game has been out for a while.

Your best bet is just to post your FC here and hope some people browsing this thread add you.

And you can only play with people if they add you back, but they have no way in knowing if you added them. I wish Nintendo would make it to where when you add someone, it comes up as a notification or message on that persons 3DS.

And i'm only good when I use my Magnus Club. If I use anything else I can't even break top 3 in a FFA game :p

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Added you. I just started playing last week. Friend code is 2578-3128-0643.

Vibed

The google docs aren't used that much anymore, especially since this game has been out for a while.

Your best bet is just to post your FC here and hope some people browsing this thread add you.

And you can only play with people if they add you back, but they have no way in knowing if you added them. I wish Nintendo would make it to where when you add someone, it comes up as a notification or message on that persons 3DS.

And i'm only good when I use my Magnus Club. If I use anything else I can't even break top 3 in a FFA game :p

Yeah I know all that, I was just saying that in order to play with a group of friends, only one has to be added to join the group they are currently playing, right?

I'll repost my code here too: 1461-6195-3999

Missed that game, sorry! I was at a fair.

But how do you get gems?

When you pass someone via Streetpass who has the game. They'll have a Weapon gem. There are 6 colors to look for:

Blue - Weakest Value
Green - Semi Weak Value
Yellow - Average
Orange - Semi Strong Value
Red - Strongest Value
Silver - Not Unlocked Weapon

Anteo

What's more important for weapons, the stars or value?

Stars determines the attack of said weapon in that category.

Value is the sum of all positive and negative stats, including stars. It also counts as the life your team loses when you die in LvD.

Try to get a good weapon with low value and 5-6 stars in one type of attack.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Thanks to tips from you guys I put the sensitivity to max on all of the controls and it doesnt hurt my hands nearly as much any more. I also put the stylus to max length.

thumbsup.png

So I'm well on my way to getting a full set of cards, and then I find out there's another set of Kid Icarus promo cards with the black backs I don't have. They're from the gamestop managers conference from 2011 in Nevada and say so on the back. I have the other 3, and I'd love these... Anyone have any advice on how I should go looking? Know anyone who went to the conference that might have a set of these lying around and wants to make some extra cash? Let me know.

Korosenai

If anyone wants to play some Icarus, join my game.

Im playing with rawk (not sure which gaffer that is)

Edit: rawk, you have very deadly wolf claws. Wow

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I got myself a XL and started playing Icarus again. Goddamn, how can a game be so good?

I have a lot of 9.0's to pursue. I'll also get into some online matches since I remember them being real fun.

Korosenai

Too good. Those have high homming w/o attributes, so add a Homming Power or Attribute and they'll circle around you hitting you many times. Now add the power to go throw walls and hit everyone w/o even seeing them.
People that use that set up also seem to use the play dead power (from my experience at least).

An invisible guy in the middle of the map, invincible, shooting you from across the map with 6 star range eyetrack orbitars..... Gives me nightmares.

PKrockin

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see Eyetracks as often as everyone says. There's lots of ways to counter them:

- Outrange them
- Melee weapon with Aries/Libra
- Melee weapon with speed bonuses (Eyetracks are slow)
- Eyetracks suck on large, wide open stages
- Just shoot their shots, they're slow and big targets
- Reflect Barrier

I use Brawlers for their high cancellation continuous fire and huge speed boost.

So i am about to start this game up and i'm wondering just how i can manage my limited playtime during the next weeks/months:

- Can this game be played in short sessions? Like say, play a mission or level and then quit and feel like having accomplished something or is it more like cutscenes after cutscenes and lenghthy drawn out levels with sidequests etc.?

Celegus

So i am about to start this game up and i'm wondering just how i can manage my limited playtime during the next weeks/months:

- Can this game be played in short sessions? Like say, play a mission or level and then quit and feel like having accomplished something or is it more like cutscenes after cutscenes and lenghthy drawn out levels with sidequests etc.?

Nope it's perfect for that type of play. Each mission is generally 10-20 minutes then you pop back to the menu.

ok so i just completed the very first mission(s) of this game and defeated that ugly dog... pretty good first impression so far, i like the music and i survived the controls so far lol.

one question though: i heard that when you beat missions on harder difficulties you somehow can find better loot right? Can i replay a mission i already beat in story mode on a harder diff. then to get better loot that i can equip and then change back to normal and proceed in story mode with that gear?

Korosenai

ok so i just completed the very first mission(s) of this game and defeated that ugly dog... pretty good first impression so far, i like the music and i survived the controls so far lol.

one question though: i heard that when you beat missions on harder difficulties you somehow can find better loot right? Can i replay a mission i already beat in story mode on a harder diff. then to get better loot that i can equip and then change back to normal and proceed in story mode with that gear?

Yep.

It's actually recommended that you do that. Play the first couple of missions, then go back and play earlier missions on harder difficulties.

It's fun, get's you better loot, and you actually get better at the game as well.

Anteo

great! will do... About how long would you say the actual story campaign is for a regular playthrough? Not sure if there are even sidequests etc.

No real sidequest, the stages have some doors that wont unlock unless you are in the right idificulty (or above). Also the "achievements" are really fun and sometimes hard.

The quest is long though, and depends on how many times you replay stages. Later stages can take up to 20 mins asuming you don't die.

Korosenai

Sorry for the double post, but I'm getting on in ten minutes.

My FC is 5155-3032-4812

If you add me, pm me with your fc.

Edit: Gospel! *brofist

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Alright guys, I had fun but now i have to get back to reading some stuff for a lab tomorrow. if yall are still playing in about 30-ish minutes, i should be finished by then.

Awesome few games though.

Korosenai

Alright guys, I had fun but now i have to get back to reading some stuff for a lab tomorrow. if yall are still playing in about 30-ish minutes, i should be finished by then.

Awesome few games though.

I have to go for now, too. I've got some homework i need to do as well.

I had a lot of fun though.

Thanks for playing with us Karl.

Top Bottom