• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Jarsonot

Man, the
Hade's Heart
is a hard boss for me - anyone have any tips?

Just tried again on it, difficulty of 8 (so I could go through the difficulty gate) and I was at 5 before I finally killed him.

He just beats the shit out of me, running around and nailing me over and over while I'm trying to run/spin/dodge and see where the fuck he is coming from next. Dodging seems really hard to pull off, he runs faster than me (beam claws, +3 speed)... I don't know how you guys are beating this thing but I'm getting pretty annoyed at this point! =)

Man, the
Hade's Heart
is a hard boss for me - anyone have any tips?

Just tried again on it, difficulty of 8 (so I could go through the difficulty gate) and I was at 5 before I finally killed him.

He just beats the shit out of me, running around and nailing me over and over while I'm trying to run/spin/dodge and see where the fuck he is coming from next. Dodging seems really hard to pull off, he runs faster than me (beam claws, +3 speed)... I don't know how you guys are beating this thing but I'm getting pretty annoyed at this point! =)
You can cheese it by using certain powers, or you can learn to dodge him perfectly. I assume you're only getting hit by his berzerko retaliations. Just stay in one place - don't try to run - and dodge as he tries to trample you.

Jarsonot

You can cheese it by using certain powers, or you can learn to dodge him perfectly. I assume you're only getting hit by his berzerko retaliations. Just stay in one place - don't try to run - and dodge as he tries to trample you.

Ok, I haven't tried staying still... But, just out of curiousity of course, what powers cheese it? =)

I'm assuming slipshot is one of them? Or whatever it's called - the one that lets ya shoot through walls.

Ok, I haven't tried staying still... But, just out of curiousity of course, what powers cheese it? =)

I'm assuming slipshot is one of them? Or whatever it's called - the one that lets ya shoot through walls.
Slipshot only helps if you have a super long range weapon. The cheese powers are things that make you invincible, like Play Dead. Using things like Aeris Armor can help as well.

Sinthetic

I think this is one of my favourite games of all time. Definitely the best 3DS title.

So many fantastic and unexpected moments (like Chapter 18) and I've really loved the character progression.

Hades is a beast.

I just got a preowned copy and realize it doesn't have a stand. Am I pretty much screwed or can I easily get by without one? I guess I can make one?

Didn't want to read through the whole thread to find out b/c of spoilers etc...

Anteo

I just got a preowned copy and realize it doesn't have a stand. Am I pretty much screwed or can I easily get by without one? I guess I can make one?

Well. I play fine w/o stand! The stand is really usefull when I'm on my desk browsing neogaf between matches, but other than that, I think you'll be fine.

Sagitario

Get one of these (I got both):
41XS7svwl%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0061YFZDQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

41Jwg31083L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004MKN3YE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Your hands will thank you.

Well. I play fine w/o stand! The stand is really usefull when I'm on my desk browsing neogaf between matches, but other than that, I think you'll be fine.

I mainly plan to play in a chair or on a couch so I imagine I won't have much trouble. Thanks.

Get one of these (I got both):[/url]

Your hands will thank you.

Sadly I won't have my OG 3DS anymore, so I assume these won't fit the XL. I'll keep my eyes open for ones for the XL though.

Korosenai

Picking up my XL tomorrow, and the first game I plan on playing is Kid Icarus. So i'll probably be online a lot tomorrow. I'll edit this post later with my friend code.

Reclaimer

Picked up Kid Icarus, but waited to play it on the XL.

This is an amazing game, right off the bat I can tell its going to be quite an experience. Well worth the wait. :)

Korosenai

Question,

Is it possible to play with friends in a random match?

Sadly, no.

You can only play with friends in a party you create, so if you only play with one friend you will have to play against bots.

They really should have implemented a system like in Mario Kart 7 where you can join friends who are playing against real people.

IrishNinja

holy crap i am not so great at this game

thing is, im at level 7 and still using first blade. i got a ton of streetpasses at a zelda concert, but anytime i try to make a weapon from a gem it says i dont have enough hearts, despite a high number of hearts in the corner. i dont really know how to grind for hearts either, cause if i put the game too difficult, i just die & waste the ones i spent cause of my sucky weapons. i think i have 4k or so now? and the shop kinda sucks for options.

what all should i be doing? ive got eggs for trophies and all kindsa shit (i love the options, dont get me wrong) but is there a go-to to help me with this? OP had one line on fusing that i saw.
im thinking about just converting all these gems of lesser weapons i got from tags into hearts, but id hate to blow them all on a shitty weapon or something.

thing is, im at level 7 and still using first blade. i got a ton of streetpasses at a zelda concert, but anytime i try to make a weapon from a gem it says i dont have enough hearts, despite a high number of hearts in the corner. i dont really know how to grind for hearts either, cause if i put the game too difficult, i just die & waste the ones i spent cause of my sucky weapons. i think i have 4k or so now? and the shop kinda sucks for options.

what all should i be doing? ive got eggs for trophies and all kindsa shit (i love the options, dont get me wrong) but is there a go-to to help me with this? OP had one line on fusing that i saw.
im thinking about just converting all these gems of lesser weapons i got from tags into hearts, but id hate to blow them all on a shitty weapon or something.

I don't think you should get too worried about high quality weapons quite yet. You'll get better weapons on higher difficulties but of course you'll need a better weapon in order to survive higher difficulties so I guess this is the catch 22 like situation you've found yourself in.
Now first i'd say to not pay too much attention to the fusing right now, that comes more into play when you've built up a big library of weapons and need to create some more tailored tools for online or higher difficulties.
Really what I remember doing was simply saving up my hearts for something to take my fancy in the shop, but I guess you could also hop into the online where you can just get given weapons of varying quality simply for turning up and playing.
Really as you play the options will gradually open up, I mean I was stuck with the first blade for a while myself, i'd say stick around intensity 4 or 5 for this first run through, the games designed to be incredibly replayable which is more where the mountain of weapons will come from.

As for the streetpass gems, yeah they're usually pricey, especially the good ones, can't say i've ever bothered with them, I save my splurging for the shop, on that note sometimes the stuff there randomly goes on sale so you can net better weapons for lower prices.

Summary: Don't worry too much at this point about weapons, stats and all that. Stick to a difficulty you're comfortable with, with time you'll get better and more varying equipment. Defence buffs on weapons are always good and help out a lot for trying harder difficulties.

I'm not sure where the fusion guide is but i'm thinking that would just bewilder you at this point, hell I barely understand it!

edit: Oh and I should add a few more points relating to weapon types, at this point clubs are pretty much a no go, I used one first time I went to chapter 3 and the lack of a proper projectile was pretty irritating, I find Palms and Claws are pretty user friendly if you want a switch from the swords, though that's really just my preference.

Boney

Banned

Why don't you like.. go to the weapons altar and equip any of the numerous weapons you've found in the campaign?

IrishNinja

thanks Nocturnowl! i guess ill just keep at it, really am thinking of trading a lot've these lesser gems for hearts, but maybe ill just make em and try fusing what i got later on instead. you're right though, i'm still progressing at this point so i guess i shouldn't sweat it, i just cant tweak the intensity too much at the moment.

Why don't you like.. go to the weapons altar and equip any of the numerous weapons you've found in the campaign?

well, so far i havent found anything that works better than the first blade, honestly. i just found my first club but as owl pointed out, i dont think it's an ideal weapon right now either.

Boney

Banned
well, so far i havent found anything that works better than the first blade, honestly. i just found my first club but as owl pointed out, i dont think it's an ideal weapon right now either.

Well if you don't like the weapon type you can just randomly fuse stuff to get a blade or whatever other type of weapon you like. Just get rid of that first blade, it has no skills and very low damage output.

I didn't buy any weapons until I beat the game really, just by fusing I got good enough weapons.

IrishNinja

holy crap @ that picture

also, level 8 or so:
space pirate ship, eh...with metroids flying off once in a while

i know there was some small crossover in the NES one, but still...nudge nudge

One thing that never happened which really surprised me was
the chapter where you play as Dark Pit to restore Pit to life... how did that not have a segment where Pit got turned into a NES sprite again?

Looking back on the Smash. Bros Brawl Dojo...

"In actuality, though, Pit is an angel who cannot ordinarily fly.
After a while, he will fall, so be careful."

Weird how much stuff from this made it into the actual game!

Anteo

I actually want to get back to multiplayer, I suck at weapon crafting, any tips?

Craft harder!

No really.. Just check the resulting weapon before the fuse and think what negative attributes you can get away with in your setup (Like negative Homming in a claw/staff) or compensate with powers. You don't want to mess with the steps to get a godly weapon.. that is hard and time consuming.

Kokonoe

Banned
Well as a heads up, I'm actually enjoying myself with this game. I thank the stand for this as I don't really experience any discomfort when using it as compared to when I played without it months ago.

Korosenai

add me for mp though Im still on campaign. pm me if possible its 4596-9486-4346

I'll add you tomorrow after my classes get out, and i'm probably gonna host some FFA's around 10 central.

my Best Buy order shipped!

so excited to finally play this.

Hope you enjoy it! After you play singleplayer for a bit, definitely check the multiplayer out.

The sad thing is everyone was playing. No one was AFK.

Top Bottom