• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

clemenx

Banned
I'm trying this game with a newly bought Circle Pad Pro and my brain kinda hurts, moving with the right hand is weird hahaha I find myself wanting to move the reticle with the right stick, I blame Resident Evil Revelations. It will take a while to get used.

I really needed this, though. While I beat this game and really liked it, I never tried the harder difficulties or the online for too long. I'm just too much of a lefty, I have no desire to ever use the Stylus with my right hand again, and I look forward to replay this now with my left hand on the Stylus.

So i just had the problem where i played some KI when i kept on seeing outlines on everything (Pit, environment etc) i felt like no matter HOW i would move my 3DS XL around it wouldn't help, i had this before but not as MUCH as this time... not sure how big the problem is since after like 10 minutes it went away pretty much now...

- did i just finally manage to find a better position?

- is my 3DS having issues with the 3D?

- are my eyes going bad?

though i must say i thought about just turning 3D off altogether for this game since i keep on moving the unit a lot during frantic gameplay sessions (so pretty much ALL of KI lol)
anyone else with similar troubles here?

Riposte

Been playing multiplayer (with bots and humans). This current build I'm using is pretty stupid, but really effective with everyone I've fought.

Magnus Club (313)
Ranged: 5
Melee: 5
Overall Defense +1
Standing ch. shot +1
Melee Combo +4
Effect Duration +1
In-peril attack boost +1
Status resistance -2

Heavenly Light Lv. 3
Autoreticle Lv. 1
Aries Armor Lv. 4
Counter Lv. 3

I usually just pop a lot of buffs and go nuts whenever I see one or two guys get near. It straight up murders the Pits.

Anyone have footage of "high level" play?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Been playing multiplayer (with bots and humans). This current build I'm using is pretty stupid, but really effective with everyone I've fought.

Magnus Club (313)
Ranged: 5
Melee: 5
Overall Defense +1
Standing ch. shot +1
Melee Combo +4
Effect Duration +1
In-peril attack boost +1
Status resistance -2

Heavenly Light Lv. 3
Autoreticle Lv. 1
Aries Armor Lv. 4
Counter Lv. 3

I usually just pop a lot of buffs and go nuts whenever I see one or two guys get near. It straight up murders the Pits.

Anyone have footage of "high level" play?

Most of the videos i've seen on youtube are from people just using whatever is strong enough for them. I haven't looked in a while though but the few vids of seen passed off as high-level competitive play has always been from someone looking to showoff his so-so skills and overpowered weapon imo.

Got enough unique cards to be satisfied

I'll be sure to ransack more copies later in the week :p

EDIT: All 30 cards I didn't have so I should have a little over 100 cards in my possession :) (Did a count: 107 unique cards total)

And lol @ the Medusa vs Hades idol having 666 HP. Not enough to take out the Chaos Kin & Palutena idol

EDIT 2: Looks like the AR Card Battles prove once and for all that Viridi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hades and Palutena. Too bad she always loses to Pit (although I wouldn't blame her since she's totally got a crush on him)

craaaap i am now in the final fight against
Hades in Chapter 25
but have been knocked out like 4 times in a row now in phase 4, can anyone tell me what the HELL i am supposed to be doing? I DO keep the reticule on him as it says in a guide, yet it will simply charge towards the end and i die :(

It's kinda hard but i manage to keep it yellow as well as i can what else am i supposed to do here? the analog stick does nothing

edit: nevermind, i finally did it, the part you had to aim for wasn't clear to me somehow, since the reticle was yellow too when you aimed higher up than necessary hmm...

AR Card total update: Bought a few more Nintendo Power copies the past couple of days, including three today. Went to a Gamestop today where the Nintendo Rep was there and he gave me three free packs

So now I have 182 unique AR cards (with plenty of dupes). Almost to the halfway mark :p

EDIT: Up to 187 now

Tunavi

Banned
Started playing this finally. I love the actual game but the controls are as bad as everyone said. :(

Ground Sections are unbearable.

what is the best type of weapon to have?

Boney

Banned
Started playing this finally. I love the actual game but the controls are as bad as everyone said. :(

It takes time to adapt. It took me around 4 levels or so to totallt click with me, but for some people it'll be longer and perhaps never.

Hope you get to adapt.

Oh and swords are probably the best for standard use, but they're all very different.

Neiteio

Go into Options. Dial aiming sensitivity and stopping sensitivity, for both the X and Y axis in both flight and on ground, all the way up. Max 'em out! Now you should be plenty responsive. It's like mouse and keyboard control on a PC game -- guide your view with the stylus, in this case turning the camera as though you were spinning and stopping a globe. Flick, tap to stop. Flick, tap to stop. Simple. The controls are incredible once mastered. I had 'em down by about Ch. 3 or so.

Busaiku

So how is this on 3DS XL?
I thought it was great on 3DS, cause I could wrap my finger around and hold it steady like that, but 3DS XL might be too big for that.

Neiteio

So how is this on 3DS XL?
I thought it was great on 3DS, cause I could wrap my finger around and hold it steady like that, but 3DS XL might be too big for that.
Works really well on the XL, actually. The system seems to distribute its weight more evenly and has smoother edges, so it balances itself better in your hand, with less wear and tear on the sides of your fingers. Actually feels lighter to me on the XL. And the visuals really sing on the expansive screen -- it's quite a rush whooshing through the Reset Bomb Forest on the XL screen. I played 100+ hours of KIU on the old 3DS before playing it on the XL, so trust me when I say it works well on the new system.

Anteo

Laser Staff!!
Or an overpowered Magnus Club. Anyways it doesn't matter, it is a lot likely that you will get an awesome weapon that you don't want, and a crappy weapon in the category you want. I was stuck with crappy Magnus Clubs for the longest time...

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8BBMZ5N2-w&feature=related

I just found the title theme WITHOUT ANY SFX. This is huge, it's inarguably my favorite track in this entire game, bar none. It's the main reason why I watch the opening every time I load up KIU.

God, I miss this game haha.
Thank you so much for this. I remember playing the trailer over and over just to listen to this song.

edit: Thanks for joining and good games, Karl.

I have to say, this will most definitely reign as my Game of the Year. The hard-as-nails difficulty (if you want, of course!), the variety of weapons, the treasure hunt, the music, the characters, the witty banter...

...I wuv it all. (Praise be to Palutena!)

I have to say, this will most definitely reign as my Game of the Year. The hard-as-nails difficulty (if you want, of course!), the variety of weapons, the treasure hunt, the music, the characters, the witty banter...

...I wuv it all. (Praise be to Viridi!)

fixed

Anyway, I might be down for some matches as well

Korosenai

(p.s. I'll be picking up Halo 4 sometime next week right after Far Cry 3 drops)
Sweet. Its a lot of fun.

Im probably not going to use my magnus club tonight. Gonna try out a bunch of different weapons.

fixed

Anyway, I might be down for some matches as well
The more the merrier.

Edit: I've been swamped with stuff today so I won't be able to play tonight, and I've got more school work this week. I will be available all day Friday though if anyone wants to play then. Sorry :(

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Probably for the best anyway. Fridays are when Kirby Kid, Marcus and co play so maybe all three of us can hop in one of their matches.

Been watching some LvD matches and seeing their setups is pretty cool. Like this guy's Needle Palm. Almost makes me want to ditch my pimpcane staffs. Almost.

Korosenai

Probably for the best anyway. Fridays are when Kirby Kid, Marcus and co play so maybe all three of us can hop in one of their matches.

Been watching some LvD matches and seeing their setups is pretty cool. Like this guy's Needle Palm. Almost makes me want to ditch my pimpcane staffs. Almost.

That's true. Hopefully they're still doing that.

And awesome vid. Anymore like it? I love seeing people use other weapons and their strategies with them. Just reminds me how deep this game is and how nothing is really OP, just depends on what kind of setup you use and how you play.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDZYLP4LQfI&list=UL

holy shit at the first 10 seconds.

vareon

Tomorrow night. We play.

Vareon, you may join if you like.

We'll see. My tomorrow night might be different from you guys.

About five hours in, chapter 7. Loving it so far. I'm such a sucker for fusing weapons and replaying levels with new weapons. The graphics and the locations are amazing. And Pit and Palutena's exchanges were super enjoyable.

We'll see. My tomorrow night might be different from you guys.

About five hours in, chapter 7. Loving it so far. I'm such a sucker for fusing weapons and replaying levels with new weapons. The graphics and the locations are amazing. And Pit and Palutena's exchanges were super enjoyable.

The exchanges gets so much better. It flips so well between being an all out parody of video games and then having a genuinely engaging plot.

Tunavi

Banned
This game just clicked with me. I discovered FPS mode, which makes it feel a lot like Metroid Prime and the
super raiden boss
was incredible.

Korosenai

Cross posting from the lttp thread

"I'll be hosting in 10 minutes.

Got two friend codes so far. So we need 3 more peeps (two if daak plays)."

PKrockin

Forgive me coming in very late, but does every last copy have a stand or did it only come with the first pressing?
According to the GameFAQs board every copy comes with a stand.

The game comes in a cardboard box somewhat thicker than a regular 3DS case to fit the stand.

Top Bottom