• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
wow, just did the
alien level
. Beautiful beautiful level. GOTY.

My favorite part on one of them was the jazz music. Man, i'm jealous of you. Wish i could play it again like a virgin, madonna-style

edit: we need to get some matches going since there's a lot of new people showing up.

Doorman

Been playing through a couple of levels, trying to up my difficulty clears and test out some other weapons.

...Boy the last two days have really reminded me of just how fucking bad I actually am at this game.

Vibed

Been playing through a couple of levels, trying to up my difficulty clears and test out some other weapons.

...Boy the last two days have really reminded me of just how fucking bad I actually am at this game.

Although I for one can play at 9.0, that's because of some highly specialized weapons I have. For example, a staff with six range stars no melee along with +4 health recovery and a few other things will dramatically improve results. When I was actually playing through the game, I often had set it to around 6.0, died at least once, then end up on 5.0.

That's not to say it's all in the weapons, but your skills will improve tremendously as time goes on too.

PKrockin

The bullet blade is considered one of the worst blades and a poor weapon in general.

I tend to prioritize

+ Overall Defense
+ Health Recovery (takes a lot of Value, but helps a ton)
+ High Ranged stars unless it has a + Charge Shot modifier
+ Speed (carries over to Air battles, which I suck at)
+ Heart Bonus (HUGE difference in number of hearts earned from enemies with this)

Korosenai

Ok, I'm ready to play online for the next battles this week.

Sweet.

My last day of classes are thursday so i'll be on pretty much anytime of the day friday.

Last time we got about 4 people to join (5 total). Was a lot of fun too. Hopefully we can get a full game going for a while.

A-TmyqCCYAAZjSN.jpg

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/280602834746105857

I want them both

There's was a GAF tournament? Were, Lucky to the winner I wasn't invited. :3

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you asking for a CHALLEEEEEEEEEEEEENGE?!

Nub, Gospel, c'mon! We need to educate this misguided fool!

I'm horribly out of practice, so you'd probably kick my butt :3

Korosenai

There's was a GAF tournament? Well, Lucky to the winner I wasn't invited. :3
It was a nintendo world report tournament, but about 4 or 5 people from gaf played in it.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/30001

Im up for it, though I havent played in a while either. I really need to grind for some new weapons, id love to get some beast pandora claws.

Vibed

I'd take your team on and crush all of you.

Honestly I have no idea where I stand.

Busaiku

All of the GOTY awards have gotten me seriously hyped for this game again, and I'll hopefully getting back into it soon.

With that, how many people are still playing, or rather, would be interested in a tournament?
If there's enough interest (like say 10 teams for Light vs Dark or something), I might be willing to dish out prizes in the form of the Pit and Pittoo Figmas to the winners.

But I'd need to know soon if there's genuine interest.

Mr. Fix

All of the GOTY awards have gotten me seriously hyped for this game again, and I'll hopefully getting back into it soon.

With that, how many people are still playing, or rather, would be interested in a tournament?
If there's enough interest (like say 10 teams for Light vs Dark or something), I might be willing to dish out prizes in the form of the Pit and Pittoo Figmas to the winners.

But I'd need to know soon if there's genuine interest.

Teams or Singles? I'd prefer the latter, but I'm all for any.

Busaiku

Whatever's the preferred method really.
I believe Light vs Dark is more popular than Free For All though, so that's why I was just using that as a base.

Free For All would certainly be easier on me (less prizes to deal with), so I'd like that as well.

Finally completed the "Collect all in-game Idols" panel

Gotta say, the game was being very generous to me when getting the last idols since I had low percentages with the regular colored eggs

And yet I still have no idea what's supposed to be Idol No. 405

Wichu

Finally beat chapter 2 on 9.0 yesterday. I need better weapons...

Currently using:
Laser Staff
6 Ranged
0 Melee
Status resistance +2
Health +2
Melee combo +3

Though it's not quite as powerful as some of my other weapons, being able to snipe from a distance is really useful. Really wish it had some sort of shot modifier.

What's the best way to get good weapons? Play later chapters on 9.0? I'm not good enough at the game for that :(

ffdgh

The good stuff start appearing In the shop and higher difficulties.
The best weapon for 9.0 and other difficulties imo are artillery claws.

Try to make some with overall defense +5 with 4 or more+ stars in range and everything will go down with minium effort with dash shot dodging over and over lol.

Sup Icarusgaf?

I'm really bad at this game, highest I've beaten a chapter on is
8.0 or something, and it was only chapter 1.

Heyo.

Man, I wish we could share gems over WiFi. I have an awesome pair of 6-star Melee (4-star Ranged), +5 Melee combo Raptor Claws that would probably be pretty useful to some of you guys....

gerudoman

Does anybody know where can I find the total number of tracks in the Music Gallery? I think I've all of them, but I haven't unlocked any treasure for it, and I'm still not sure.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
So is it better to start at the intensity that you think youre actually going to finish the level at, or to just start as high as possible?

In terms of gaining hearts that is. I know you get no-death bonuses, but who cares about score? I can usually clear the flying sections around 7.5~ but I can't finish the level at that intensity. Would it be better for getting hearts just to play the whole thing at 5.5, where I usually finish?

So is it better to start at the intensity that you think youre actually going to finish the level at, or to just start as high as possible?

In terms of gaining hearts that is. I know you get no-death bonuses, but who cares about score? I can usually clear the flying sections around 7.5~ but I can't finish the level at that intensity. Would it be better for getting hearts just to play the whole thing at 5.5, where I usually finish?

Yes, because you lose all the hearts you invested if you die. It's horribly wasteful to try every level on a difficulty you know you can't beat.

Save your hearts for better weapons so you can survive longer on higher intensities to begin with.

Figured it was about time I posted in this thread. I've been playing the game for two weeks straight and only recently beat Chapter 15. I've been replaying the levels so much. This is really up there in my list of best games of all time. My best weapon of choice is currently an Atlas club 2-star range, 3-star melee with Overall Defense +3, Health +1, Speed +1, Stamina +1, Backwards Charge Shot +1, and Knockback recovery +1. Been able to tackle stages in the 7.0 range.

Question. The Intensity Gate in Chapter 15, is it just a shortcut or is there something I missed.

Also, any tips on getting the "Defeat Cragalanche without butt damage" I've tried on the very lowest difficulty and still can't get it.

Also, any tips on getting the "Defeat Cragalanche without butt damage" I've tried on the very lowest difficulty and still can't get it.

Use a long-range weapon that deals a lot of damage; like the Laser Staff. Repeatedly backdash charge shot until he is dead. Whenever he dashes past you, wait for him to turn around before you continue your assault.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Question about weapon boxes:

I just replayed Ch.3 on 7.1 difficulty. In the Gate 7 treasure box I got a pair of Tiger Claws with 5 stars in Ranged. Pretty cool. But here's the question:

When I opened the box I was at 7.1 - but if I were to die after opening the box, and say I were to clear the level at 5.1 would that Tiger Claws have been as powerful as I had cleared the stage at 7.1? Basically are the weapons stats determined at the intensity where you opened the box, or what intensity you cleared the level at?

... and how random are these boxes? If I were to clear this level again @ 7.1 would I find another pair of Tiger Claws at 5 stars ranged, or is it going to have different stats/skills but still be Tiger Claws? And I were to clear the level at say, 7.3 would I find a slighty better set of Tiger Claws? Or something differently altogether?

Thanks for any info!

The actual weapon stats are calculated after your land the final hit on the boss, if I'm remembering correctly. That means the claws would be scaled to match Intensity 5.1 or less, depending on how many times your Intensity went down between opening the chest and defeating the boss.

Top Bottom