• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Chunky

Finally, official art of Tempura Wizard:

Tmi2b.jpg

I like how hispupil already looks like atongue, lol

It wasn't like that in the game when I played. You go into the hot spring (one of many) with Magnus, and Magnus says something like "Hey, you're just going to wade out fully clothed?", "Yeah, I always need to be prepared. Besides, I don't want to steam the holy buns".

There's also talk about loins. And naughty thinking. And size jokes about Pit.

Nice. Oscar winning writing there.

The voice acting is fine.
ESPECIALLY with the dialog.

My main problem with this(and most voice acting) is that it feels so unnatural. It's like I can see and "hear" them reading to themselves off of a script instead of acting it out and portraying a character. I do think the dialog is decent enough.

PKrockin

"Brutal sex scene"?
"nintendos god of war"?

da fuck? What do you guys smoke? That's the biggest shit since earlier this morning, when i left the restrooms.

it's a colorfull nintendo ip with some toung 'n cheek jokes. That's it. Stop that nonsense.

Dude, I don't know either. If they're going to make comparisons like that they might as well call God of War Sony's spiritual successor to Kid Icarus NES.

"Brutal sex scene"?
"nintendos god of war"?

da fuck? What do you guys smoke? That's the biggest shit since earlier this morning, when i left the restrooms.

it's a colorfull nintendo ip with some toung 'n cheek jokes. That's it. Stop that nonsense.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| Palutena Know About Pit's Small Penis

Balb

It's amazing how the psychology behind rare, collectible cards still works on me 14 years after the Pokemon TCG. I'm ashamed of myself.

Azure J

I find this recent conversation pretty funny given that the end of the first Kid Icarus had Pit get older to win Palutena over IIRC. :p

PKrockin

I'll take your word for it. It's been a while since I saw the ending.

Yeah, me too. I looked it up just now. Here's what the Kid Icarus Wiki says. Looks like you're right.

After defeating Medusa Pit finds the restored Palutena within the palace. She then bestows on him new armor. If the secret ending is reached, (all upgrades and hearts) Pit will be turned into a teenager and afterwards receive a kiss of gratitude from Palutena:

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah, me too. I looked it up just now. Here's what the Kid Icarus Wiki says.

After defeating Medusa Pit finds the restored Palutena within the palace. She then bestows on him new armor. If the secret ending is reached, (all upgrades and hearts) Pit will be turned into a teenager and afterwards receive a kiss of gratitude from Palutena:

and thus we have the pit we have now :3

Haven't watched the videos, but I've read some? most? of the spoilers. I need this game in my veins now. It looks and sounds absolutely amazing.

Neiteio

Could really go for some awesome spoilers about enemies, like the pic of
Hades
we were promised, right FoxHimself?

*shakes fist in Fox's general direction*

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Considering the "twist" of the this game's story, I wonder why Sakurai paced Brawl's story so badly in comparison.
Because it was a fighting game about Nintendo mascots duking it out with each other that he tried to make about the end of the world or some stupid shit like that.#takingittooseriously
Haha, this game!

Now there are
aliens invading
, and some
superhero/sun god named Pyrrhon
is joining in on the fun, being a totally awesome dick in the process. Oh, and now it's
Aliens vs Palutena/Hades/Viridi/Pyrrhon
This is the kinda stuff I was talking about. Balls-off-the-wall stupid awesome.

Eric C

63 Scans of Kid Icarus: Uprising AR Cards here!

So, I've been compiling a list of all the known AR cards for this game, and including links to any scans I could find. So far, I have 63 scans and a couple cards listed that I don't have scans for. Check it out at the above link.

If anyone has any other cards that I'm missing, please let me know! I hope to keep updating this as I get more information, and I'll try to update the scans with higher quality versions over time as well. Hope you all find this helpful!

The link for Card 179 is invalid
WgoBP.jpg

But I found it in the 3DS Forums post that was linked as a source
Lh5vi.jpg

PKrockin

Oh man, how time flies! remember when there were rumors about the secret Wii game (Man Icarus by Factor 5):

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/05/pitofpersia050908.jpg[IMG]

lol[/QUOTE]

I think time's gift of flight has run out, because the last few days have passed agonizingly slowly.

Also lol at that pic, I never heard of that.

Kard8p3

I can't wait to hear more music from the game. I really hope Mitsuda has a decent amount of tracks in the game. I hope for at least four.

Neiteio

I always thought this guy looked cool and now I know his name: Belunka. From what I can tell he acts like a troop carrier, belching up baddies:

3a1sE.jpg

Getting mad Windfish vibes.

<3 Link's Awakening.

Top Bottom